Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Update Service multiple instances

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Update Service multiple instances in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I open task manager I noticed there are more than 20 processes Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit). Is it normal? I don't think its normal. How do i... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mikelferdinan, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Microsoft Edge Update Service multiple instances

When I open task manager I noticed there are more than 20 processes Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit).
    Is it normal? I don't think its normal. How do i stop this? I don't even use Edge

Microsoft Edge Update Service multiple instances [​IMG]

:)

mikelferdinan, Dec 31, 2020

2. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

Thanks! Just checked and only found the one listed as running. I've included a screenshot.

TedWheelan, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

Hello. I have multiple instances of Microsoft Edge Update appearing in task manager. Most I checked open to its file location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate

I couldn't check them all, there's so many. Is this normal?

TedWheelan, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Microsoft Edge Update Service multiple instances

Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

Oh, sorry. I've widen the window.

TedWheelan, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Update Service multiple instances

1. Microsoft Edge Update Service multiple instances - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Update

2. Multiple Instances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  3. Multiple Instances

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  4. Multiple Microsoft Edge processes

Multiple Microsoft Edge processes: Once I close all my ME tabs there are still processes running in Task Manager, which end up slowing down the PC, and make other apps crash on their startup. Is there any way to have them finish as soon as I close every tab, instead of having to do it manually with Task...
  5. Multiple instances of a chat program

Multiple instances of a chat program: Programs like EXCEL and WORD allow more than one instance to be open on the desktop simultaneously; is there a structural reason why a chat program could not have a separate instance open for different contacts ? 182603
  6. Multiple instances for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple instances for Microsoft Edge: When I open my Edge with just 1 tab, it create 4 instances or 10 instances at the Task Manager. This also happens with Messenger and Opera Browser. I am using Windows 10 Home with windows update. [ATTACH]...
  7. Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 News
    Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager?: [ATTACH]When using Microsoft Edge, if you open Task Manager, then you will notice that […] This article Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager: Hello. I have multiple instances of Microsoft Edge Update appearing in task manager. Most I checked open to its file location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate I couldn't check them all, there's so many. Is this normal? [img] 168838
  9. Multiple Instances of 'Speakers (SndTAudio)'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Instances of 'Speakers (SndTAudio)': Hi - when I look at my audio devices I can see 16 instances of 'Speakers SndTAudio' each of which is in "ready" status and five instances of AMD High Definition Audio Device (none of which are plugged in). I only recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro and I have...
  10. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Visual C++ Installed

Multiple Instances of Microsoft Visual C++ Installed: While doing some house cleaning on my system I noticed there were several instances of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed on my computer according to Control Panel/Programs and Features. The latest is version 2012 installed on 9/28/2016. The others go way back to...