Windows 10: Microsoft Edge uses Bing as default, and I can't change it no matter where I look.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge uses Bing as default, and I can't change it no matter where I look. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've searched all of the forums, went to bings website and looked there, every option in settings. When I search something in the search bar, how do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Flinsanity, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Microsoft Edge uses Bing as default, and I can't change it no matter where I look.

I've searched all of the forums, went to bings website and looked there, every option in settings.

When I search something in the search bar, how do I make the first result not be bings search engine?

submitted by /u/Flinsanity
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Flinsanity, Apr 6, 2020

2. Remove Bing from Microsoft Edge

Hi Bonnie,

Bing is design to work with Microsoft Edge and cannot be removed. Do you just want to change the default search engine used on Microsoft Edge? If yes, follow the steps below on how to change the default search engine on Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the "..." icon at the upper right hand of the window and select
      Settings.
    • Select View advanced settings.
    • Select Change search engine.
    • Select a different search engine and Set as default.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 6, 2020
  3. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Cecil_IL Win User

Microsoft Edge uses Bing as default, and I can't change it no matter where I look.

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Cecil_IL, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge uses Bing as default, and I can't change it no matter where I look.

1. Microsoft Edge uses Bing as default, and I can't change it no matter where I look. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge uses

2. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing: Hello,I really like the Edge browser even tho the updates during the last year made things worse.However, what really annoys me is edge keeps asking to update my settings to use bing as the default search engine. Is there a way to prevent or disable this?...
  3. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing: Hello,I really like the Edge browser even tho the updates during the last year made things worse.However, what really annoys me is edge keeps asking to update my settings to use bing as the default search engine. Is there a way to prevent or disable this?...
  4. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. how do i remove bing in microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i remove bing in microsoft edge: iv been using microsoft edge because it takes less ram that chrome, but the search results of google's search engine has always been better, it is a bit of a struggle when i have to add a new tab, search "www.google.com" then search what i have t do, unlike chrome, i will...
  6. remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge: This has been asked till the cows come home but the answers are scripted and never tested before the response to the question. I know that bing is an integral part of the Edge browser. I create my own search engine in the list but bing won't allow my search engine to be used....
  7. MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing: Hi, This morning, MS Edge defaults to Bing as the search engine even though the default setting is set to Google. I can't get it to default to Google, even though I am able to manually select Google as the search engine. How can I check if this is a problem with MS Edge or...
  8. Microsoft Edge/Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge/Bing: How do I permanently turn these off? I've got all my settings to "off," yet it keeps popping open. I'd like to get rid of it permanently, but it doesn't want to let me, so turning it off permanently will be the next best thing....
  9. Change Edge/Bing to Firefox/Google as default when using Win key, pls?

in Browsers and Email
    Change Edge/Bing to Firefox/Google as default when using Win key, pls?: Using Windows 10 Home After pressing Windows key, typing a word, then clicking on 'word' - see web results, Edge opens to a Bing search page. I must have missed something when setting Windows up after a recent fresh install 1 How can I change the search engine from Bing...
  10. Where do I change default location for Microsoft Print to PDF

in Browsers and Email
    Where do I change default location for Microsoft Print to PDF: Right now, if you select Microsoft Print to PDF under Print, it sends the file to the Documents folder in OneDrive. Where do I change the location so it saves it to the Documents folder on the PC? Thanks, 27386

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change default search engine edge greyed out