Windows 10: Microsoft Edge using 80% GPU?????

Discus and support Microsoft Edge using 80% GPU????? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So for the past week or so, I've been having an issue where watching a YouTube video at any resolution above 720p causes my GPU to hit 80% usage, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sufficient_1060, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Microsoft Edge using 80% GPU?????

So for the past week or so, I've been having an issue where watching a YouTube video at any resolution above 720p causes my GPU to hit 80% usage, even if YouTube is the only tab open. And recently, I noticed this started happening randomly outside of youtube.com as well. I'm confused, as I have an RTX 2060 and I'm pretty sure 80% usage on a single YouTube video isn't normal. Does anyone have any idea why? Listening to YouTube Music whilst working/gaming is literally impossible for me now....

I'm running an amd 1700 with 16gigs of ram if that helps

submitted by /u/Sufficient_1060
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sufficient_1060, Jan 24, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Microsoft Edge using 80% GPU?????

microsoft edge

Hi Navid,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Edge using 80% GPU?????

1. Microsoft Edge using 80% GPU????? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge using

2. Windows explorer uses 80-100% GPU on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer uses 80-100% GPU on windows 11: Today i stuck into a problem, suddenly my windows explorer process started to use 80-100% of gpu, and some times it fall into 1-2% for a few seconds, whenever I try to restart the process my windows crashes with error "Critical process died". Idk what to do, maybe it is virus...
  3. Windows explorer uses 80-100% GPU on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer uses 80-100% GPU on windows 11: Today i stuck into a problem, suddenly my windows explorer process started to use 80-100% of gpu, and some times it fall into 1-2% for a few seconds, whenever I try to restart the process my windows crashes with error "Critical process died". Idk what to do, maybe it is virus...
  4. Dwm.exe file using 80% gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dwm.exe file using 80% gpu: I’m using rtx 3060 gpu and dwm.exe file is using more than 80% of my gpu due to which I’m not able to get proper frames while playing games. I’ve already done 2 windows resets but the problem is still there. Can anyone guide me what to do?...
  5. "Desktop Windows Manager" using 80-100% of GPU in Windows 10

"Desktop Windows Manager" using 80-100% of GPU in Windows 10: This seems to be a somewhat common occurrence with threads being updated for years with no real answer, so I figured it's time to make one for 2020. "Desktop Windows Manager" is using so much GPU when playing games, and if playing a game and on an any kind of web browser, the...
  6. Background Recording Services Eating Up 80% GPU Usage

Background Recording Services Eating Up 80% GPU Usage: Recently my GPU has been fluctuating from anywhere between 20-60% GPU usage just from having nvidia geoforce instant replay and xbox game DVR recording in the background. It shoots up to 80-90% when I just have Steam open in the background. I've always left both services...
  7. Using Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Using Microsoft Edge: Im using the Edge browser and have it set as my default browser but every time I launch it I have to sign into Gmail, Facebook etc, anyone know how I can fix it so i dont have to keep signing in? TIA 160887
  8. Security baseline released for Microsoft Edge version 80

in Windows 10 News
    Security baseline released for Microsoft Edge version 80: Microsoft is pleased to announce the enterprise-ready release of the recommended security configuration baseline settings for the next version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium, version 80. The settings recommended in this baseline are the same as the ones we recommended in...
  9. 80 port was used by HTTP.sys

in Windows 10 Customization
    80 port was used by HTTP.sys: I want to use IIS and nginx at the same time. But I found that http service is using 80 port, and it's PID is 4, so I cannot kill it. With disabled http service, IIS cannot start anyway. HOW can I both using IIS in 8080 port and nginx in 80 port?...
  10. RunTimeBroker using 80% of CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    RunTimeBroker using 80% of CPU: I cleaned installed 1809 (Windows 10 Enterprise 3) after running 1803... since then whenever that computer runs either one of the below listed live web cams the RunTimeBroker.exe starts hitting 75 to 85 percent of the CPU. http://sfbayospreys.org/...