Windows 10: Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?

Discus and support Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 comes with a brand new web browser called Microsoft Edge. It's got a lighter design, it's blazing fast and Cortana is baked right into it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Tony K, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Tony K Win User

Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?

Source: Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?

Tony K, Nov 21, 2015

2. Well, I have installed Ghostery to block tracking and my browsing speed almost tripled. *Smile
    No to mention extensions to block flash, HTML5 or to get rid of tracking cookies. Try that Edge.

:)

TairikuOkami, Nov 21, 2015
  3. Adobe Flash updates

Which web browsers are you using again?

If you are using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, updates for Flash are managed by Windows Update.

If you are using Google Chrome, Flash updates are managed separately by the web browser.

Adobe Flash isn't working - Google Chrome Help

Andre Da Costa, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?

Bing Hijacked my Chrome Browser

Hi Aiden,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issue with Browser homepage, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which browser pops-up after the Windows startup (Microsoft Edge/ Internet Explorer)?
    • Which is the default web browser on your computer?

I suggest you to make Google Chrome as a default web browser also, try to edit the home page in Google Chrome and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 21, 2015
  5. Have not used Chrome for ages
    On my friends windows 7 it is as slow as hell and keeps brining up all sorts of ads etc.
    On 10 Edge is fast and we in our household and daughters household are very pleased with it.

hTconeM9user, Nov 21, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Nov 21, 2015
  7. Trust_No1 Win User
    There is nothing I like about Edge. By all rights it should be faster, because it has nothing but 10trillion adds to slow it down.

My Chrome is fast once it gets loaded, I have tons of extensions loaded, so it needs to get all of those before it starts down the road. Even with the extensions, it is as fast as the all the other IE, FF and Edge. I would use FF by default only if it had the extensions I use with Chrome. Besides I only have a temp Windows 10 (only for testing) so I would never use Edge any ways, because I will never us Windows 10, IMO it is a pitiful OS.

Trust_No1, Nov 22, 2015
  8. Atomic77 Win User

I believe that EDGE is the fastest browser I have ever seen.

Atomic77, Nov 22, 2015
  9. Exactly why are you here then with 385 comments?

fracking4oil, Nov 22, 2015
  10. If you don't like Windows 10 why are you posting.
    Are you hoping for those that do like it to change our mind or to drop Edge Browser.
    You can try but it will never work with me, to try and get me to use Chrome.
    I am an Edge man through and through and to me and the other members of my family Edge is fast and capable of doing everything Chrome does, in time once everything is added

hTconeM9user, Nov 22, 2015
  11. Wenda Win User
    IE and Firefox - the only way to fly.

Oh, and Opera on the Win-phone.

Wenda, Nov 22, 2015
  12. Been using Edge for a bit now as my default, getting better now since the last update

Not sure on its speed, not meaning it is slow, but it is no faster than IE or Chrome
    Mostly going to stick with it now, except for some sites and if I want to view files on the internet (do not like the auto downloading of links)

paulsalter, Nov 22, 2015
  13. Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?

Just an update Edge goes in fast for YouTube and holds it steady and YouTube works well through Edge.
    My Friend who I am trying to get converted to windows 10 uses Chrome and you tube seems to hang before it starts working, then starts slowing.
    I have cleared all rubbish from his laptop and he only has the basic programs on his system.
    All updates and drivers are working, and it is only you tube it is doing it with.
    Cant understand both You Tube and Chrome are Google apps but they seem to clash.

hTconeM9user, Nov 22, 2015
  14. Fafhrd Win User
    Youtube now tries to use HTML5 when possible.

If there are problems Google Groups is the place to start looking for answers.

Usually the problem with Chrome in Windows is the Internet Properties of Windows default to "Automatically detect Settings" here:

Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster? [​IMG]

On some systems, there is a noticeable delay as Chrome hunts for a non-existent proxy server. Uncheck the box, and Chrome often responds much faster.

Fafhrd, Nov 22, 2015
  15. Almighty1 Win User
    The problem with Chrome is actually using the built in Flash Player and using hardware acceleration.

Almighty1, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Google

2. Dragon dictation —no web browser compatibility in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dragon dictation —no web browser compatibility in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome: Hello,I work as a Dragon trainer, and my last two students have had no web browser compatibility. “Click <link>” and "Show links" commands do not function, and there is no Full text control no green light in the Dragon Bar, no editing or formatting ability in any text boxes....
  3. Dragon dictation —no web browser compatibility in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dragon dictation —no web browser compatibility in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome: Hello,I work as a Dragon trainer, and my last two students have had no web browser compatibility. “Click <link>” and "Show links" commands do not function, and there is no Full text control no green light in the Dragon Bar, no editing or formatting ability in any text boxes....
  4. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  5. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  6. Need browser faster than Google Chrome.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need browser faster than Google Chrome.: So chrome is really slow and takes a lot of ram even though the performance is good, so Im searching a lighter browser and that equals chrome in performance, what do you recommend? submitted by /u/valigomm [link] [comments]...
  7. Microsoft Edge vs Chrome

Microsoft Edge vs Chrome: I want to try inbuilt Edge browser.Anybody using it please let me know its pros and cons.Should I use it instead of chrome? submitted by /u/Vicky455 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbpiro/microsoft_edge_vs_chrome/
  8. Any Google Chrome vs Edge chrome benchmarks?

Any Google Chrome vs Edge chrome benchmarks?: I've been using both for some time now but it's really annoying, I just want to stick to one but they are both great and for me it's a 50/50, so I basically want the performance of them to tell me which one to get :D There must be some benchmarks right? I know Edge Chrome is...
  9. Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser: windows edge is not default browser but keeps taking over from Google Chrome in middle of working online resulting in unable to continue with job as they require Chrome....
  10. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox: I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much faster than Edge or Firefox. However, there is something weird happening. When I start my computer and tell Cortana "Facebook log...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. compare google chrome edge