Windows 10: MicroSoft Edge wants to open for no reason

Discus and support MicroSoft Edge wants to open for no reason in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I've some trouble booting with User/password problems and attempted to fix it. Of course I've made it worse! I now get a message This app Can't... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by James1093, Jul 2, 2021.

1. James1093 Win User

MicroSoft Edge wants to open for no reason

Hi, I've some trouble booting with User/password problems and attempted to fix it. Of course I've made it worse! I now get a message This app Can't open Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the built in administrator Password. Sign in with a different account and try again. Well I can't as it doesn't give me a chance to but there's no reason it should be trying to open MS Edge. How can I stop it doing that? Many thanks for any help

:)

James1093, Jul 2, 2021

2. when on or restart microsoft edge open

Hi,

Just to clarify, you would like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening the link you stated, is that right?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click the "more"(three dots) option.

3. Click Settings > Open Microsoft edge with/

4. From the drop down list, choose a different option other than "specific page".

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 2, 2021
  4. MicroSoft Edge wants to open for no reason

microsoft edge

Hi Navid,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

MicroSoft Edge wants to open for no reason

1. MicroSoft Edge wants to open for no reason - Similar Threads - MicroSoft Edge wants

2. Microsoft Edge is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge is not opening: HiI am having problem to open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Version 20H1 OS Build: 19043, 1110.I have tried clean reboot, restarted my laptop, repaired/modified the browser and still no success in getting it to open. I don't know what to do next. Any helps? ThxAlain**...
  3. Microsoft Edge not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge not opening: Hi I am having problem to open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Version 20H1 OS Build: 19043, 1110.I have tried clean reboot, restarted my laptop, repaired/modified the browser and still no success in getting it to open. I don't know what to do next. Any helps? Thx Alain**...
  4. MicroSoft Edge wants to open for no reason

in Windows 10 Support
    MicroSoft Edge wants to open for no reason: Hi, I've some trouble booting with User/password problems and attempted to fix it. Of course I've made it worse! I now get a message This app Can't open Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the built in administrator Password. Sign in with a different account and try again....
  5. About the applications Windows Edge, Microsoft Store That don't open without a reason or two

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About the applications Windows Edge, Microsoft Store That don't open without a reason or two: Hello Microsoft I have My pc a long time ago and one day I Realise that my Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Store are can't open a few days ago. I didnt't understand why its like that like I MEAN IT because the only thing that happened was that my big brother downloaded a game...
  6. Windows search bar opens always Microsoft edge and i want it to open google

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search bar opens always Microsoft edge and i want it to open google: Whenever I hit the Windows button on the keyboard or on the taskbar and enter a term to search, it will always open in edge with a Bing search, even though my default browser is Chrome. I've tried to change it in edge so it will open google instead of Bing but this doe still...
  7. Windows search bar opens always Microsoft edge and i want it to open google

in Cortana
    Windows search bar opens always Microsoft edge and i want it to open google: Whenever I hit the Windows button on the keyboard or on the taskbar and enter a term to search, it will always open in edge with a Bing search, even though my default browser is Chrome. I've tried to change it in edge so it will open google instead of Bing but this doe still...
  8. The top 10 reasons to switch to the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    The top 10 reasons to switch to the new Microsoft Edge: New features provide peace of mind, help you stay in the flow and connect to the information you want The last few weeks have been unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. As a working mom I’m certainly used to having a full schedule, getting pulled in...
  9. microsoft edge will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge will not open: Microsoft edge will not open up How can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/microsoft-edge-will-not-open/36619b6f-011e-4bd7-ac98-29dd41a4377e
  10. IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?

in Browsers and Email
    IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?: After updating to the CU 1703, IE now has an "Open Microsoft Edge" TAB which I'd like to remove. Its becoming annoying as I'm accidentally clicking it when wanting to just open a new TAB. Had a good look in the Advanced settings and under TAB settings but didn't see any way...