Windows 10: Microsoft Edge won’t open on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Edge won’t open on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]This post will help you if your Microsoft Edge browser won’t open on Windows […] This article Microsoft Edge won’t open on Windows 10 first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 14, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Microsoft Edge won’t open on Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 14, 2021

2. Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Jan 14, 2021
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge won’t open on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge won’t

2. Windows 10. How to add Microsoft Edge to Open with?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10. How to add Microsoft Edge to Open with?: Windows 10. How to add Microsoft Edge to Open with? When hover mouse over a text file, right-click - Open with - then I need to choose Microsoft Edge, but I don't have it. How to add Microsoft Edge to Open with?
  3. Microsoft Edge won’t close in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge won’t close in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is a step above its predecessor in a lot of departments. However, as of late, some users have been complaining that Microsoft Edge won’t close on their computers. In this post, we are going to resolve this issue with some simple solutions. Fix Microsoft...
  4. Microsoft Edge is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge is not opening: HiI am having problem to open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Version 20H1 OS Build: 19043, 1110.I have tried clean reboot, restarted my laptop, repaired/modified the browser and still no success in getting it to open. I don't know what to do next. Any helps? ThxAlain**...
  5. Microsoft Edge not opening

Microsoft Edge not opening: Hi I am having problem to open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Version 20H1 OS Build: 19043, 1110.I have tried clean reboot, restarted my laptop, repaired/modified the browser and still no success in getting it to open. I don't know what to do next. Any helps? Thx Alain**...
  6. Microsoft Edge won’t launch

Microsoft Edge won’t launch: Help! Microsoft Edge wont launch! I checked on the app and it just says modify. Inclick on it and nothing happens. Please I need this for school https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-wont-launch/5682131c-59e3-4387-a2a4-51f56ccf62cb
  7. Microsoft Jigsaw won’t open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw won’t open.: I got a new desktop computer last week and i cannot get microsoft jigsaw to open. I have tried repairing it and uninstalling it but nothing works. The weird thing is whenever i download its inly 8kbs where as the other microsoft games are about 100mb or so. Thanks so much in...
  8. Windows 10 Won’t Open Valorant

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Won’t Open Valorant: Windows 10 will not open Valorant. I tried running as an administrator. I tried running compatibility troubleshooting and it says Valorant requires windows 8 compatibility. I do not understand this I just want to play Valorant what should I do. submitted by /u/sherpachump...
  9. Printer won’t print from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer won’t print from Microsoft Edge: My HP Envy 5660 printer will not print from Microsoft Edge. It will print from other browsers as well as any programs I have on my windows surface pro. I did recently update to version 1903 for windows 10 so I’m guessing it has something to do with the update since before the...
  10. microsoft edge will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge will not open: Microsoft edge will not open up How can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/microsoft-edge-will-not-open/36619b6f-011e-4bd7-ac98-29dd41a4377e