Windows 10: MICROSOFT EDGE

Discus and support MICROSOFT EDGE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; SOMETHING happended to my computer or the o/s and not I can not open microsoft edge browser, taskmsg, file explorer setting to do any uploads etc, can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by griffrag, Dec 5, 2018.

1. griffrag Win User

MICROSOFT EDGE

SOMETHING happended to my computer or the o/s and not I can not open microsoft edge browser, taskmsg, file explorer setting to do any uploads etc, can some one help me if they have had the same problem???

:)

griffrag, Dec 5, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 5, 2018
  4. MICROSOFT EDGE

microsoft edge

Hi Navid,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

MICROSOFT EDGE

1. MICROSOFT EDGE - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT EDGE

2. Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?: I read online that edge has a vpn but is limited to 500 meggbites if edge has a vpn is there away to get more data usage on the vpn. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-edge-have-a-built-in-vpn/f72494d4-c8e6-4aac-95f4-01547bef4eb7
  3. Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?: I read online that edge has a vpn but is limited to 500 meggbites if edge has a vpn is there away to get more data usage on the vpn. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-edge-have-a-built-in-vpn/f72494d4-c8e6-4aac-95f4-01547bef4eb7
  4. "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!: My updated 64-bit W10 Pro.'s 64-bit Edge v122.0.2365.80 won't upgrade to v123. Everytime I restart Edge from the update, it quickly say the same thing at edge://settings/help screen. I rebooted W10 too.What's wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :...
  5. "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!

"To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!: My updated 64-bit W10 Pro.'s 64-bit Edge v122.0.2365.80 won't upgrade to v123. Everytime I restart Edge from the update, it quickly say the same thing at edge://settings/help screen. I rebooted W10 too.What's wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :...
  6. How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps: When using apps such as Word and Excel, the edges around buttons, text boxes, the ribbon, and tabs in excel are all smoothed or "rounded" as opposed to having square or "sharp" edges. Does anyone know how to disable the smoothed edges and revert to square edges?Interestingly...
  7. How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps

How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps: When using apps such as Word and Excel, the edges around buttons, text boxes, the ribbon, and tabs in excel are all smoothed or "rounded" as opposed to having square or "sharp" edges. Does anyone know how to disable the smoothed edges and revert to square edges?Interestingly...
  8. How to fix Error 403 message or ‘Crowdsearch’ in Microsoft Edge search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Error 403 message or ‘Crowdsearch’ in Microsoft Edge search bar?: My search bar for Microsoft edge was working fine until today. Everytime I search up something a 403 error message appears or a site called CrowdSearch appears. How can I quickly solve this? I can’t search anything without these two appearing?...
  9. How to fix Error 403 message or ‘Crowdsearch’ in Microsoft Edge search bar?

How to fix Error 403 message or ‘Crowdsearch’ in Microsoft Edge search bar?: My search bar for Microsoft edge was working fine until today. Everytime I search up something a 403 error message appears or a site called CrowdSearch appears. How can I quickly solve this? I can’t search anything without these two appearing?...
  10. Microsoft Edge Workspaces not working

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Workspaces not working: [IMG]Microsoft Edge Workspaces is a great way to separate your personal web browsing experience from the professional web browsing experience. You can create as many Workspaces in Edge as you want. To access or manage your workspaces, click on the Workspaces icon available...