Windows 10: Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Whenever I open up Microsoft Edge on my Desktop PC, it opens with the top sites that have been visited as well as my MSN homepage below. Is it supposed... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jesse Williams, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge

Whenever I open up Microsoft Edge on my Desktop PC, it opens with the top sites that have been visited as well as my MSN homepage below. Is it supposed to do that? When I first upgraded to Windows 10, it didn't do this...all it would show was my MSN homepage. Now, if I made a new tab, it would show the recently visited sites or top sites.

Below is the screenshot.

Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

:)

Jesse Williams, Mar 17, 2016

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Mar 17, 2016
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Mar 17, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Microsoft Edge

Since I use IE11 as default and I don't open Edge unless I need to answer question about Edge, my suggestion below can be way off..........

Open Edge > click the 3 dots at top right > Settings > check/select the settings from the screenshot..............
    See if that works for you. I use mine as example ONLY.

Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 17, 2016
  5. Fixed it! Thank you, David! *Smile

Jesse Williams, Mar 18, 2016
  6. David, it's still doing that. Why? I don't know.

Jesse Williams, Mar 21, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Please click the green Mark as Unsolved button so that others know answer is wanted.

I have no answer for you.
    Please wait a bit for others to come along.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Mar 21, 2016
  8. Microsoft Edge

Go to the 3 dots right hand top corner
    Click on it and go to Settings
    Make sure Start page has a dot in it
    Click Save and that should take you to Your MSN page
    Without the other tabs opening

hTconeM9user, Mar 21, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Jesse,
    This You-tube video describes how not to show the top sites........

It's basically the same as I posted to you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge

1. Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge

2. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...
  3. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...
  4. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  6. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  7. Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?: I read online that edge has a vpn but is limited to 500 meggbites if edge has a vpn is there away to get more data usage on the vpn. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-edge-have-a-built-in-vpn/f72494d4-c8e6-4aac-95f4-01547bef4eb7
  8. Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?

Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?: I read online that edge has a vpn but is limited to 500 meggbites if edge has a vpn is there away to get more data usage on the vpn. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-edge-have-a-built-in-vpn/f72494d4-c8e6-4aac-95f4-01547bef4eb7
  9. "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!: My updated 64-bit W10 Pro.'s 64-bit Edge v122.0.2365.80 won't upgrade to v123. Everytime I restart Edge from the update, it quickly say the same thing at edge://settings/help screen. I rebooted W10 too.What's wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :...
  10. "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!

"To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!: My updated 64-bit W10 Pro.'s 64-bit Edge v122.0.2365.80 won't upgrade to v123. Everytime I restart Edge from the update, it quickly say the same thing at edge://settings/help screen. I rebooted W10 too.What's wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :...