Windows 10: Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; how do I disable ads in edge browser. I have become fond of this new browser of microsoft's but I am really getting annoyed with the ads filling up the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by VigilantLoki, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Microsoft Edge

how do I disable ads in edge browser. I have become fond of this new browser of microsoft's but I am really getting annoyed with the ads filling up the webpage. please give me a stable solution

:)

VigilantLoki, Nov 21, 2015

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Nov 21, 2015
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Nov 21, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Microsoft Edge

There is no way and according to rule #13 we're not allowed to discuss ad-block tools/software.

BunnyJ, Nov 21, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    True, but this pisses me off:

Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 21, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree.. but I only use Edge for this site. *Wink

BunnyJ, Nov 21, 2015
  7. its true, really...

VigilantLoki, Nov 21, 2015
  8. Atomic77 Win User

Microsoft Edge

I believe that's what the little x in the corner is for you can remove the ad temporarily. It hasn't bothered me too much yet and I am using edge and don't see all that many ads.

Atomic77, Nov 21, 2015
  9. Yes press the little x in the corner of the ad and it will close
    But I usually leave it as does not interfere with anything I want to read on line

hTconeM9user, Nov 21, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Same here, and the people who provide content deserved to get paid, I suppose when we click the X it's counted and they get their 2 cents.

Cliff S, Nov 21, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    Yeah, that's fine but, put the damn banner under or beside the video, NOT ON IT!

Edwin, Nov 21, 2015
  12. Edwin click the x and it will go
    You tube has ads but as soon as you click the x they go
    Any site/forum is the same.
    This forum has ads on it until you register and log in

hTconeM9user, Nov 21, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

Microsoft Edge

Yeah, I know.
    I have no problems with ads, as long as they are appropriate and non-intrusive.
    This would be an example of an inappropriate, intrusive ad, while your trying to watch or read something:

Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

(I don't think John would allow that!) *Wink

Edwin, Nov 21, 2015
  14. Dude Win User
    Edwin, you may have some adware. I don't get ads like that when browsing here while signed in.

15. Edwin New Member
    No, I made that last one as an example! *Wink
    But, the banner plastered across the YouTube video, in my earlier post is real! REAL INTRUSIVE! *Wink

Edwin, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft Edge

1. Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge

2. Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge: How do I do a Print screen in Microsoft Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge/653565f8-c269-493d-aa4b-052399dcdd2f
  3. Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive & Apple Software Updater wont connect to internet. Google...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive & Apple Software Updater wont connect to internet. Google...: Hi! I've had this problem for about 2 years, and I feel I've tread about everything there is to try. Of any simillar problems I've found on the forum, none are answered. The problem came out of nowhere (at least as far as i know, not after a major update etc), and was not...
  4. microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft edge: when I look in reliability monitor this comes up every day. [ATTACH]I can still use edge I have done various things as advised but it still appears daily https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge/ac39c07b-ba03-4835-9855-a72b6326e4a6
  5. Suggestions of softwares to read epubs similar to the microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Suggestions of softwares to read epubs similar to the microsoft edge?: So I practically only used the new Microsoft browser for reading epubs, lol. But man, it was so good, the interface was clean, the text beautiful and readable, and well-formatted. To my sadness, today with the message the support of this feature would be canceled it was.....
  6. New Microsoft Edge app 44.9.0 version for iOS - October 14

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app 44.9.0 version for iOS - October 14: Microsoft Edge, now available on iOS, creates one continuous browsing experience for Windows 10 users across their devices. Content and data sync seamlessly in the background, so users can browse across devices, without skipping a beat. Familiar Microsoft Edge features like...
  7. Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks.: Recently, my laptop got broken and I had to reinstall windows. After reinstalling the windows and signing in to my live (live.com) account, all the settings were synced except for Microsoft Edge bookmarks and reading list. I had a long list of bookmarks and links in the...
  8. microsoft edge email errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft edge email errors: why are my emails being rejected in microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-email-errors/dd508ca3-c46e-465d-b4ce-d777e38e7d84
  9. Microsoft improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium: Since we began work on the next version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium, we’ve been investigating ways to modernize form controls to provide a modern appearance as well as the touch friendliness and accessibility that our users expect from Microsoft Edge today. Over the...
  10. Kernel Security Check Failure when I open a browser other than Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Security Check Failure when I open a browser other than Microsoft Edge: Hi, Everytime I open a browser other than Microsoft Edge, my computer goes into the "Kernel Security Check Failure" blue screen. Do you guys know anyway to fix it? Thanks...