Windows 10: Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Best way to deactivate of remove Microsoft Edge. 104064 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Funkyecat, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Funkyecat Win User

Microsoft Edge

Best way to deactivate of remove Microsoft Edge.

:)

Funkyecat, Feb 9, 2018

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Feb 9, 2018
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Feb 9, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Microsoft Edge

Why - you do not have to remove it. Edge is a core component of Windows 10. Attempts to remive it will break Windows 10 for sure.

cereberus, Feb 9, 2018
  5. Funkyecat Win User
    My regular search showed some ways to change files to deactivate it, but I don,t trust everyone in the webospere.

Funkyecat, Feb 9, 2018
  6. Hi,
    Not many good reasons to actually use Edge
    Nor is there many good reasons to remove it
    Unpin Edge and be done with it use another browser set it to default.
    Install another pdf reader and set it to default.

ThrashZone, Feb 9, 2018
  7. debsawyer Win User
    Thank you. You covered it all. Just ignore it's there, and be done with it. I do it everyday
    Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

debsawyer, Feb 9, 2018
  8. Microsoft Edge

Hi,
    It's what MS did with ie11 just didn't create any shortcuts to it and not many people know it's still in win-10 *Smile

ThrashZone, Feb 9, 2018
  9. Funkyecat Win User
    I have a different browser and a different reader, but periodially it still comes up. I have checked all apps. I was able to stop it until the 2 latest updates from Microsquish.

Funkyecat, Feb 9, 2018
  10. nithig Win User
    I don't like it and don't use it. Also don't care for the push notices which invite me to use Edge as default.
    FF latest update gives good performance and speed.
    Like ThrashZone, I basically ignore it's there.
    (ps. Foxit Reader is good replacement for Adobe)

nithig, Feb 12, 2018
  11. Funkyecat Win User
    I use Foxit Reader. I checked all the apps but recently when I clean with Ccleaner, I get a group of Edga files.

Funkyecat, Feb 12, 2018
  12. Hi,
    Large updates or just an update to edge might switch your default settings
    It's just another win-10 annoyance to keep changing personal preferences it's done that since the beginning.

ThrashZone, Feb 12, 2018
  13. Funkyecat Win User

Microsoft Edge

Thanx, but I know. I have to check my settings each time because Microsquish keeps doing that.

Funkyecat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge

1. Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge

2. Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge: How can i restore my Microsoft Edge browser on my windows 10 pro or is it a big deal? It doesn't appear to be working. Windows Search can't find it. I see no icon for it either. Noticed this abnormality some time around the Windows 1903 Updates but I'm note sure which one...
  3. How do I completely Remove MIcrosoft Edge for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I completely Remove MIcrosoft Edge for Windows 10: How do I completely Remove MIcrosoft Edge for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-remove-microsoft-edge-for/70dbc1bc-5eae-43f0-a072-4322366873f0
  4. Unable to add work account to Microsoft Store App and Edge Chromium based version

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add work account to Microsoft Store App and Edge Chromium based version: I just upgraded my work laptop from an old Lenovo to one of the new Lenovo work laptops with top of the line specs. I was however able to link my office( work) account office 365 to my Edge Chromium browser while adding profile, but now when I try to link, it opens up the pop...
  5. I need to reinstall skype and microsoft edge dev every day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need to reinstall skype and microsoft edge dev every day: Hello, Windows Community. I have a problem, as I said in title. The problem is: every day when I try to run edge or skype(desktop version), I see:[ATTACH] One week ago, I had another problem, just with edge dev: "Side by Side Configuration Is Incorrect". I reinstalled the...
  6. How to remove Send feedback button in the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Send feedback button in the new Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [IMG]Microsoft is always keen to work according to user feedback. Since the introduction of Windows 10, every Microsoft product and service has been getting a feature where a user can send feedback using a dedicated button. It comes in applications [...] This post...
  7. Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar: Been using browsers since 1994's Netscape and never thought I would be asking such a question *Biggrin But... I am unable to paste a URL into the Microsoft Edge address bar. It appears the issue goes back > 4 years; and although I have searched extensively for a solution,...
  8. New Microsoft Edge app 44.8.0 version for iOS - September 8

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app 44.8.0 version for iOS - September 8: Microsoft Edge, now available on iOS, creates one continuous browsing experience for Windows 10 users across their devices. Content and data sync seamlessly in the background, so users can browse across devices, without skipping a beat. Familiar Microsoft Edge features like...
  9. Amazon Prime fails to load on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Amazon Prime fails to load on Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [IMG]Microsoft Edge is the default web browser of choice on Windows 10 and loved by some users. Now, when it comes down to using a web browser, we tend to consume a lot of media with these things, and Edge [...] This post Amazon Prime fails to load on Microsoft Edge...
  10. New Microsoft Edge app 44.6.6 version for iOS - September 4

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app 44.6.6 version for iOS - September 4: Microsoft Edge, now available on iOS, creates one continuous browsing experience for Windows 10 users across their devices. Content and data sync seamlessly in the background, so users can browse across devices, without skipping a beat. Familiar Microsoft Edge features like...