Windows 10: Microsoft email accounts aren't working on some email platforms. Are they working in...

Discus and support Microsoft email accounts aren't working on some email platforms. Are they working in... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just wondering if any Thunderbird users have got Hotmail/Live/Outlook accounts working OK. There's been some changes a few weeks ago that forced many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bob Is Interested, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Microsoft email accounts aren't working on some email platforms. Are they working in...

Just wondering if any Thunderbird users have got Hotmail/Live/Outlook accounts working OK. There's been some changes a few weeks ago that forced many to use webmail. And you know how tedious that can be. With Opera Mail which hasn't been updated for about a decade I get incoming but not outgoing. With Vivaldi it's working perfectly. But I don't like Vivaldi much and it's a resource hog. A real pig. I haven't tried other email programs but would very much like to know which ones are working. Obviously I'm trying to avoid Microsoft products for email. I'll try Win10 Mail later I guess

:)

Bob Is Interested, Feb 27, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 27, 2024
  3. How to add a Microsoft email account to Outlook 2016

I saw an old post describing the steps to add an msn.com email account to Microsoft Outlook. It had to be done manually selecting the first option and using blu404.m.hotmail as the server. If I try to do the same, however, I get an error message saying that the server can't be reached.

How can I add a Microsoft email account (hotmail/outlook) to desktop Outlook? I can use this email account in Outlook Live, (it shows Outlook Mail in the upper left corner of my emails), but I can't add it to Outlook 2016 from Office Professional. I was able to add an @att.net email account, but I don't know what to do for a Microsoft account.

If I try to add it without any manual steps I get an error message saying (more or less): "an encrypted email did not work, try and unencrypted email", but that does not work either. Clearly, some manual configuration is needed: please guide me along the required steps. In case it matters, my password is 8 characters long.

Karen Clayton, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Microsoft email accounts aren't working on some email platforms. Are they working in...

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft email accounts aren't working on some email platforms. Are they working in...

1. Microsoft email accounts aren't working on some email platforms. Are they working in... - Similar Threads - Microsoft email accounts

2. SOME KEYS AREN'T WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SOME KEYS AREN'T WORKING: Please help I can't fix my keys. It all started when the letter A wasn't working and then now the keys beside it was affected. I tried to watch YouTube tutorials and reading the Microsoft community but nothing worked, I'm starting to worry if it's the hardware because only...
  3. Microsoft email accounts aren't working on some email platforms. Are they working in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft email accounts aren't working on some email platforms. Are they working in...: Just wondering if any Thunderbird users have got Hotmail/Live/Outlook accounts working OK. There's been some changes a few weeks ago that forced many to use webmail. And you know how tedious that can be. With Opera Mail which hasn't been updated for about a decade I get...
  4. How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove old work Microsoft email account?: Hello,I recently got a new job, and the work email of my previous job has been deleted I can no longer log into it. But, it still shows up on my personal laptop and keep getting error notifications. I want to remove it, but there is no remove option. Just "manage." See the...
  5. How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

How to remove old work Microsoft email account?: Hello,I recently got a new job, and the work email of my previous job has been deleted I can no longer log into it. But, it still shows up on my personal laptop and keep getting error notifications. I want to remove it, but there is no remove option. Just "manage." See the...
  6. Work email account issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work email account issue: I am on my personal computer and trying to remove my work account and use my personal microsoft account and I am not able to login to OneDrive and keep getting the attached error message:Request Id: 7c6efb53-6354-4c56-80d8-14c50b4ca900 Correlation Id:...
  7. Work email account issue

Work email account issue: I am on my personal computer and trying to remove my work account and use my personal microsoft account and I am not able to login to OneDrive and keep getting the attached error message:Request Id: 7c6efb53-6354-4c56-80d8-14c50b4ca900 Correlation Id:...
  8. Personal Email is not usable for Microsoft account, labelled as work/school email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Personal Email is not usable for Microsoft account, labelled as work/school email: A custom domain email seems to be an issue in lots of places. But I guess I would not have expected it from Microsoft. I have an old email address attached to my Microsoft account, one attached to two windows licenses. I have been attempting to change this login email to my...
  9. Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts: Under Settings > Email & Accounts there is a section called Accounts used by other apps. There are two email addresses under there. One is my person address which is ok. The other is my work email address which I would like to remove. I click the work email address. Then...
  10. Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts: Under Settings > Email & Accounts there is a section called Accounts used by other apps. There are two email addresses under there. One is my person address which is ok. The other is my work email address which I would like to remove. I click the work email address. Then...