Windows 10: Microsoft "Emergency" Customer Support Call

Discus and support Microsoft "Emergency" Customer Support Call in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Notice to the Microsoft community: I received an automated call totay informing me that there was an "emergency" situation with regards to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by marvinmutch, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Microsoft "Emergency" Customer Support Call

Notice to the Microsoft community:

I received an automated call totay informing me that there was an "emergency" situation with regards to my "Microsoft Windows License." Specifically, they were requesting that I call a phone number they were providing to "renew" my license. They further warned that all the "files and information" stored on my computer were "at risk" until I contacted them to update my licensure contract for Microsoft Windows. I am aware that this is a long established phishing scheme, but as this is the third such call I have received in the past 30 days, it appears they have entered into a more persistent and aggressive campaign. So my friends and Microsoft family, please be aware that this is a scam, and that Microsoft has long assured their customers that they would NEVER telephonically contact their users even if it were the case that their was an issue with their services. The number listed in my call log for this spoof, which I am sure is a randomly generated number, was identified as a "Toll Free Call" (866)-894-0481). Remain aware that these scammers can do real damage to your online and personal assets, and NEVER call any numbers provided or reveal personal account information to such an unverified and automated inquiry.

:)

marvinmutch, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Billy Med Win User

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 21, 2018
  4. AlanAJS Win User

Microsoft "Emergency" Customer Support Call

Emergency Numbers on Lock Screen

What I would like is on the lock screen a option/button that will list emergency contacts with out requiring unlocking the phone. This could be a custom list or pulled from People, leave this to designers, Why?

There is a system called "ICE" In "Case of Emergency" call. This is used by emergency responders to contact find your emergency contacts in case of a tragic situation. If the phone is locked they cannot not see whom to contact, I list mine in "People"
    starting with ICE - Name but have to not lock the phone. If a short list could be displayed with minimum data , i.e. Wife - Name, Son - Name and they press on that and the phone calls the number.

This would be a great help to emergency personal and people who suffer and accident.

The emergency call button could give an option of the list.

AlanAJS, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft "Emergency" Customer Support Call

1. Microsoft "Emergency" Customer Support Call - Similar Threads - Microsoft Emergency Customer

2. Call customer support, speak to a person

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Call customer support, speak to a person: I gave my MS tablet to a friend as part of a software controlled quilting machine. She made changes to the settings and now my MS login appears under her name. Can you help us with what we did wrong...
  3. Call customer support, speak to a person

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Call customer support, speak to a person: I sold my tablet that was a part of a Computerized quilting machine. We contacted the company that made the quilting machine and they transferred everything over to her. She was getting my Facebook notifications and emails and other things I had set up on the tablet. She...
  4. Call customer support, speak to a person

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Call customer support, speak to a person: I sold my tablet that was a part of a Computerized quilting machine. We contacted the company that made the quilting machine and they transferred everything over to her. She was getting my Facebook notifications and emails and other things I had set up on the tablet. She...
  5. Microsoft Customer Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Customer Support: I have spent the last 2 hours trying to get into contact with a actual human being and even after filling out the information so I could get a call and once I did I would proceed to immediately get a call that has no one talking to me and then hanging up after 15 seconds...
  6. Microsoft Customer Support

Microsoft Customer Support: I have spent the last 2 hours trying to get into contact with a actual human being and even after filling out the information so I could get a call and once I did I would proceed to immediately get a call that has no one talking to me and then hanging up after 15 seconds...
  7. Emergency- Bitlocker Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emergency- Bitlocker Support: I have few questions related to bitlocker:1. How to unlock bitlocker without recovery key, without formatting or fresh installation of windows.2. How to save the data that is locked in the drive with encrypted password?3. Why did this bitlocker enabled in my system when I...
  8. Emergency- Bitlocker Support

Emergency- Bitlocker Support: I have few questions related to bitlocker:1. How to unlock bitlocker without recovery key, without formatting or fresh installation of windows.2. How to save the data that is locked in the drive with encrypted password?3. Why did this bitlocker enabled in my system when I...
  9. Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool anymore?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool anymore?: Why am I not able to use Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool anymore? I got a message saying the version has expired andwill no longer run on my computer. Please let me know why. Thanks for your help....
  10. Microsoft Support Call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Support Call: So I've been trying to get Microsoft support to call me for the past 7-8 hours but it always says we are having trouble connecting you .I really need someone to call me so I can get my issues with a code fixed *moved...