Windows 10: Microsoft Emoji list issues: displaying old ones rather than new ones

Discus and support Microsoft Emoji list issues: displaying old ones rather than new ones in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good Afternoon! When I pull out the emoji list through the windows logo key + shortcut, the emojis show up but most of the new ones are replaced with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Squidy28, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Squidy28 Win User

Microsoft Emoji list issues: displaying old ones rather than new ones

Good Afternoon!

When I pull out the emoji list through the windows logo key + shortcut, the emojis show up but most of the new ones are replaced with the old ones. This makes it difficult for me to navigate the emoji list and makes things much more complicated when I'm looking for a particular emoji. Do you fellas know if there's a reason for this happening? I've also looked at the Segoe Ui emoji Font settings and it turns out that the two listed as regular are from 1.02 and 1.29. I've tried uninstalling the older version but it would not allow me to. Any response would be greatly appreciated!

Microsoft Emoji list issues: displaying old ones rather than new ones 8787458e-07d6-40dc-8212-02e2b05f2d0b?upload=true.png

:)

Squidy28, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    No emojis!

Hi Bob,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. When you say “having NO EMOJIS”, may I know where exactly you are looking for the emojis?
    2. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system? To check that, press the
      Windows key and R key, type winver and press
      Enter.

I understand your interest in emojis and we are glad to inform you that the emojis have been introduced into the Windows 10 operating system. If you are looking for a way to access it, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Windows 10 Tip: Get started with the emoji keyboard shortcut
    to get access to smiley faces, people, celebration emojis etc. in your Windows 10 operating system.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Microsoft Emoji list issues: displaying old ones rather than new ones

Windows 10 - Dell All in one display issue

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Here are the answers.

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    No - I have been having this issue for long. Contacted Dell support. They thought it is a hardware issue and replaced the complete front panel in the all in one PC. But the problem still exists and now they suspect it to be a software issue. I contacted
    MS india too.

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    Windows 10 came pre loaded with the machine. After that regular updates have been happening

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the error message?
    No messages are displayed. When the screen resumes will get a PC icon at the right of the screen

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Contacted Dell and MS India support. No response so far

Thanks

Sathish

SathishKumar_S, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Emoji list issues: displaying old ones rather than new ones

1. Microsoft Emoji list issues: displaying old ones rather than new ones - Similar Threads - Microsoft Emoji list

2. I created a new microsoft account, but my old one is listed as the administrator. Under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I created a new microsoft account, but my old one is listed as the administrator. Under...: I created a new microsoft account, but my old one is listed as the administrator. Under Accounts > Email & Accounts it will not let me remove the old account. I am deactivating the old account and will only be using my new account....
  3. I created a new microsoft account, but my old one is listed as the administrator. Under...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I created a new microsoft account, but my old one is listed as the administrator. Under...: I created a new microsoft account, but my old one is listed as the administrator. Under Accounts > Email & Accounts it will not let me remove the old account. I am deactivating the old account and will only be using my new account....
  4. Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one: Hi, I was hoping someone could help with moving my copy from Windows 10 to a new computer I'm looking to get a new build a new computer for University which I've not done before and noticed that I need a copy of Windows to operate properly, I don't want to buy another copy...
  5. New GPU not recognized, old one still on list? Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New GPU not recognized, old one still on list? Win10: I installed a new/replacement GPU but Windows seems to install the driver for the old hardware. The old driver and apps have been uninstalled but is there another place to look for leftover bits? Even after downloading the correct Win10/64 driver from the ASUS site it still...
  6. Solved one issue and created a new one

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Solved one issue and created a new one: So my pc is only a month old, nzxt streamer build for reference. A few days ago i did a normal restart of the computer only to realize it never restored power to my peripherals or signal to my monitor. Through troubleshooting i found that one of my ram sticks had gone bad...
  7. OneDrive deleting files rather than getting new ones on Windows Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive deleting files rather than getting new ones on Windows Restore: Hello Microsoft Community, I have some trouble with the technicality of how OneDrive works. So I’ve tried to restore my Windows to a previous version backup I want to restore is APR 2020 and it is currently AUG 2020 && for the sake of the example lets just say the only...
  8. Webcam Drivers: old rather than new?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Drivers: old rather than new?: I am unable to get my webcams to work. The driver is shown in Device Manager as being at fault,but it is also reported as the best available. I have uninstall, removed the device but on re-installing the cameras still do not work. I have tried to get new drivers from both...
  9. Can't get Microsoft to accept new email address rather than one that I can on longer access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get Microsoft to accept new email address rather than one that I can on longer access: I can't buy a Microsoft DVD player because it says that this request is a high security request and requires me to provide the password to go forward. Problem is that the email that it requests the password for is no longer one that I have access to. I've updated my email...
  10. Brand new laptop slower than old one

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand new laptop slower than old one: Two weeks ago I bought a Lenovo ideapad 320. The specs are in the "System Two" tab of the 'My Computers' info below. The problem is everything runs much slower than my older laptop ("System One" below). The worst issue is that Chrome takes 13 seconds to launch a completely...