Windows 10: Microsoft Employee Reveals New Windows 9 Details

Discus and support Microsoft Employee Reveals New Windows 9 Details in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Even though Microsoft is already working on a second major Windows 8.1 Update, most eyes are on the next full version of Windows, possibly called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 6, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft Employee Reveals New Windows 9 Details

Read more fiction here

labeeman, May 6, 2014

2. Sorry to say, but it's Softpedia. Most of their editors are idiots much like on ZDNet as well. lol

:)

LovingWindows, May 6, 2014
  3. DFA73 Win User
    7.8 update

From an internal Q&A document for AT&T employees:

Q: When will Windows Phone 7.8 be available?

A: Windows Phone 7.8 will be made available sometime after the Windows Phone 8 is released.

See more details here:

AT&T internal document reveals Windows Phone 7.8 coming after Windows Phone 8 launch

As for WP7.8 getting the IE10..., very unlikely, WP7.8 will be a cosmetic update, not a full update like Mango was.

DFA73, May 6, 2014
  4. [ Pete ] Win User

[ Pete ], May 6, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    There's the entire article. "Cloud" based OS is not the way to go IMO.. but this is early "news" and we have to wait and see what really happens.
    OP, thanks for the post.

BunnyJ, May 6, 2014
  6. LittleJay Win User
    Agreed. If Windows 9 goes that way without the option to install a normal desktop environment, then I won't upgrade. Just the cost of internet service alone to run applications would be cost prohibitive for me. *Sad

LittleJay, May 6, 2014
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I have a flat fee internet access but I would also hate to see what would happen with that type of OS. Personally I would either stick with 8.1 or go back to using windows 7. Either way I would not go to Windows 9 if that were to happen.

Heck, I would even go to Linux if that were to occur. There are several distros that I've used that I have to say I've liked, Mint, Netrunner, etc... Oh and Fedora.

BunnyJ, May 7, 2014
  8. LittleJay Win User

I have both 8.1 and 7 installed and would simply stick with them until support ends. After that, I would find a Linus distro I like and run either 7 or 8 in a VM for those windows based programs I still need to use.

LittleJay, May 7, 2014
  9. Tepid Win User
    Windows 9 will not be a cloud based OS.
    Society as a whole is nowhere near ready for that.

2nd, It would not be a purely cloud based OS, as in VDI, or using your PC as a dumb terminal.
    That will not work for many many people....

So please,, stop going to the Nth extreme, it's a foolish notion.

However, potential subscription based might be possible in some capacity.
    But even that I doubt will come with Windows 9.

The so called debacle of Win8.x ensures that will not happen yet.

It's in talks about doing those things,, but nothing is official or in stone.

So, you can all stop freaking out, and ignore the pseudo-tech journos that have Zero clue what they write about in regards to some insider info.
    You can put money on it that is in fact, complete BS.

Also, keep in mind that right now, they are talking about Cortana and search criteria, Calendar's and email, social networking, etc.
    They are not talking about a fully cloud based OS. People who try to speculate on that issue, or focus on it are not all that bright.

Tepid, May 10, 2014
  10. A Guy Win User
    I don't think anyone is "freaking out" *Smile We're discussing an OS that doesn't exist. Anything posted is fair game *Wink

A Guy, May 10, 2014
  11. davehc Win User
    davehc, May 10, 2014
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    So true. I for one am not "freaking out". This is a discussion about what could occur if MS went to a semi cloud based OS with 9 or possibly 10.

And if MS does go to a cloud OS I would guess that most of the OS would work but some of the functionality would be disabled when not connected to the Internet. And this is total speculation on my part.

BunnyJ, May 10, 2014
  13. fireberd Win User

Agreed, most, if not all, is speculation. It will be a wait and see.

fireberd, May 12, 2014
  14. badrobot Win User
    How do you know that for sure? Anything can happen. Windows 8 happened. Win XP was killed and nobody was ready.

I am not saying I want a cloud based OS. We are just discussing "what if?".

badrobot, May 13, 2014
  15. I don't want to rain on anybodies picnic; but if Microsoft feel that a cloud operating system could stop the hundreds of millions of counterfeit Windows 9 they just might try using a cloud base system.
    Ever time you would log into a cloud operating system or Office ect. they could check and see if you are legal.
    I will say it again. Counterfeits cost a company money and the people who buy those products money.

Some interesting reading.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...re-piracy-rate

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...ecurity_issues

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micro...d-306228.shtml

Layback Bear, May 14, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft Employee Reveals New Windows 9 Details - Similar Threads - Microsoft Employee Reveals

2. employees at Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    employees at Microsoft: I'm not going to ask you again to stop maliciously controlling my account... preventing me from logging in, preventing me for remote playing, accessing my account through some weird method so I have to change my password every time you do it no one else has access to my...
  3. New Employee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Employee: Hello, So I recently took over a job for someone and everytime I log into the computer it says their name and is connected to their personal email.How can I change it to mine and the work email with out loosing all the data and work stored on her "desktop". I have seen...
  4. New Employee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Employee: Hello, So I recently took over a job for someone and everytime I log into the computer it says their name and is connected to their personal email.How can I change it to mine and the work email with out loosing all the data and work stored on her "desktop". I have seen...
  5. Windows 10X update new details revealed by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X update new details revealed by Microsoft: Windows 10X is rumoured to be a modular and multi-device operating system that will compete against the likes of ChromeOS in the education niche. Based on last year’s announcement, it looks like Windows 10X is going to be a ‘hybrid’ OS, which means the operating system will...
  6. Microsoft reveals more details of Windows Core OS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals more details of Windows Core OS: Microsoft's long rumored dual-screen Andromeda phone may never see the light of day, but the related "Windows Core OS" project or WCOS, is still underway, and according to a job vacancy posted on LinkedIn, it's all about Windows 10 devices and drivers. The vacancy for a...
  7. Microsoft to unveil "Windows 9" later today details

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to unveil "Windows 9" later today details: It's September 30th everyone. Later today, Microsoft is expected to unveil "Windows 9" to technology enthusiasts and journalists. The event was rumored to be happening about a month ago, and now the day is finally here. If you're wondering what to expect from today's event,...
  8. New Windows 9 Details Leak

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 9 Details Leak: Windows 9 is expected to be the next full Windows version prepared by Microsoft and although the company has until now remained tight-lipped on what's to come as part of this release, plenty of details have surfaced via unofficial channels. A new report posted by Microsoft...
  9. Microsoft to Reveal New Windows 9 SKU Plans at BUILD

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Reveal New Windows 9 SKU Plans at BUILD: The BUILD 2014 developer conference which kicks off on April 2 in San Francisco is expected to bring us the very first official news on Windows 9, Microsoft’s new full operating system that could see daylight sometime in the spring of 2015. Microsoft watcher Mary Jo Foley...
  10. Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed

in Windows 10 News
    Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed: Windows 9 is very likely to get its very first preview build late next month, but officially speaking, little is known so far about what’s expected to let us catch a glimpse of Microsoft’s Windows game changer. According to rumors however, Windows 9 Preview could see...