Windows 10: Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update

Discus and support Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A while ago Microsoft confirmed that it plans to end support for older versions of Windows 10 and last week the company finally brought the shutters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 16, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update

A while ago Microsoft confirmed that it plans to end support for older versions of Windows 10 and last week the company finally brought the shutters down by pulling support for the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update version 1607.

Microsoft had announced that it will end support for the Anniversary Update for the mobile device on October 9, 2018. The company no longer supports Anniversary Update for Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise.

This would mean that Windows 10 Mobile users on Anniversary Update or version 1607 will no longer be receiving any new updates or patches from Microsoft.

“Microsoft ended support on October 9, 2018, for the following editions which were released in August 2016 (version 1607): Windows 10 Mobile [and] Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise,” Microsoft support page now reads.

For users who are still on the mobile version, 1607 will now be directed to update to the latest version of Windows 10 Mobile to continue receiving new updates and security patches.

If your phone is still on Anniversary Update, you can upgrade it to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update by playing with Registry Editor. Microsoft has already stopped developing features for its mobile platform and new big update for mobile devices beyond Creators Update Update is next to impossible technically.

Microsoft is expected to end support for its latest version of Windows 10 Mobile next year and will no longer be pushing out any updates or patches to Windows Phones.

Windows 10 Creators Update support for PC also ended

Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update Windows-10-Fall-Creators-Update-1.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Mashable.com

Microsoft on last Tuesday also ended support for Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703. This comes as no surprise as the company had earlier announced that it would be ending support for Windows 10 Creators Update on October 9, 2018.

The company will, however, be providing support for the Enterprise and Education editions of Windows 10 version 1703 up until another one year. That means the and the support for the editions will end on October 8, 2019.

Microsoft has already re-released its latest Windows 10 version 1809 or October 2018 Update to Insiders last week and we expect the company to roll out the update to all Windows 10 users globally in the coming weeks.

The Redmond Giant is already working on its next major update codenamed “19H1” already in testing with Insiders and which is expected to be released in April 2019. At around the same time, Microsoft will be ending support for its another Windows 10 version, Fall Creators Update.

The company plans to ship the last update for the Fall Creators Update on April 9, 2019. The Redmond Giant recently announced some changes to its servicing timeline which provides Windows 10 users with longer support.

According to the new servicing timeline, March features updates for the Windows 10 Home, Pro, Pro for Workstation will be receiving 18 months of servicing updates from the release but the feature update will be receiving 30 months of servicing updates in case of Enterprise and Education releases.

The post Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 16, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Rolls Out the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Microsoft late Tuesday rolled out the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, marking 1 year in the market for the operating system, and with it, ending the Windows 10 Free Upgrade offer. The new update bears the internal version 1607, with build 14393. The update is several gigabytes in size, and effectively replaces your existing Windows 10 installation.

The update adds new features to Windows Ink, the stylus-based live notes app; Cortana, the voice assistant, which can now be accessed right from the lock-screen, and is integrated with even more apps; and Windows Hello, the in-built biometric ID system, which has been integrated with many more third-party services, such as Dropbox; improvements to Windows Defender, the anti-malware tool; and various under-the-hood improvements that increase performance and energy-efficiency (lower battery usage).

Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update 15a_thm.jpg

btarunr, Oct 16, 2018
  3. kpo6969 Win User
    kpo6969, Oct 16, 2018
  4. RejZoR Win User

Microsoft Rolls Out the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

It appears you can still upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 if you still have the update EXE which is not available on Microsoft page anymore because the offer ended in July. Hihi *Smile Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update :) So, you just had to download that updater in time and you can still use it now *Smile Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update :)

RejZoR, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft ends support

2. Windows 10 Mobile End of Support on January 14, 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile End of Support on January 14, 2020: Windows 10 Mobile End of Support: FAQ General Windows 10 Mobile What does end of support for Windows 10 Mobile entail? As of December 10, 2019, Windows 10 Mobile users are no longer eligible to receive new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free assisted support...
  3. Office Apps for Windows 10 Mobile: End of Support for Windows Phones

in Windows 10 News
    Office Apps for Windows 10 Mobile: End of Support for Windows Phones: The Office apps for phones using Windows 10 Mobile – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote -- will reach end of support on January 12, 2021. On that date, app users will no longer receive security updates, non-security hotfixes, free assisted support options or online technical...
  4. Windows 10 Mobile End of Support on December 10, 2019 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile End of Support on December 10, 2019 Mobile: Windows 10 Mobile End of Support: FAQ General Windows 10 Mobile What does end of support for Windows 10 Mobile entail? As of December 10, 2019, Windows 10 Mobile users are no longer eligible to receive new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free assisted support...
  5. End of Microsoft support for Windows phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    End of Microsoft support for Windows phone: I have tried to find out without success whether a message which has recently popped up on my What's App on my Windows 10 mobile (Microsoft Lumia 650) is genuine or a scam? It says the following: Microsoft has ended support for Windows phone. What's app will stop working on...
  6. Windows Mobile End of support for third party apps?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Mobile End of support for third party apps?: Hello everyone. I have some confusions about the end of support for Windows phone in december 2019. OK im using a Lumia 950 XL. I know i wont be getting security updates and bug fixes after december. Will 3rd party apps like Facebook, Whatsapp continue to work and get updates...
  7. Windows 10 Mobile End of Support FAQ

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile End of Support FAQ: General Windows 10 Mobile What does end of support for Windows 10 Mobile entail? As of December 10, 2019, Windows 10 Mobile users are no longer eligible to receive new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free assisted support options, or online technical content...
  8. Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update For 512MB Devices?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update For 512MB Devices?: I was under the impression that Lumia devices with 512MB RAM weren't going to be get getting the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update, however today I turned on my old Lumia 635 to double-check a question I replied to on this forum earlier and it updated itself to the Windows...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update now available for Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update now available for Windows 10 Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Update 8/16/16: The Windows 10 Anniversary Update has begun rolling out for Windows 10 Mobile. The Anniversary Update includes additional features and improvements for your Windows 10 phone. To manually check for the update,...
  10. Microsoft End of Support for Windows 10 Mobile version 1511

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft End of Support for Windows 10 Mobile version 1511: Today, Microsoft is ending support today for Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise version 1511 released in November 2015. Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...%2010%20Mobile 102021

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i still use my whatsapp version 2.18.370 on my windows 10 mobile after 14 january 2020