Windows 10: Microsoft ends Visual C++ Redistributable Chaos

Discus and support Microsoft ends Visual C++ Redistributable Chaos in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Programs designed with Visual Studio may require a specific version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable to run. The requirement resulted in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 29, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft ends Visual C++ Redistributable Chaos

Programs designed with Visual Studio may require a specific version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable to run. The requirement resulted in the installation of a large number of Visual C++ Redistributable packages on Windows PCs.

It is not uncommon to see multiple Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables on a system that were installed by software programs, through updates, e.g. security updates, or manually by the system administrator.

Microsoft ends Visual C++ Redistributable Chaos visual-c.redistributable-660x409.png

Redistributables are stored in a central location so that any program installed on the system may access the files if required. You can check out our detailed guide on Visual C++ Redistributables here for additional details.

Microsoft changed the system significantly with the release of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019. A baseline image is provided for these redistributable packages so that it is no longer necessary to install different versions separately on target systems.

In other words: if the Visual C++ 2019 redistributable is installed on a system, it is no longer necessary to install the Visual C++ 2015 or 2017 redistributable packages as these are supported automatically as well.

Microsoft provides the following example on the "The latest supported Visual C++ downloads" support page.

For example, installing the Visual C++ 2019 redistributable will affect programs built with Visual C++ 2015 and 2017 also. However, installing the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable will not replace the newer versions of the files installed by the Visual C++ 2017 and 2019 redistributables.

This is different from all previous Visual C++ versions, as they each had their own distinct runtime files, not shared with other versions.

A support article on Microsoft's Docs website provides further information:

From Visual Studio .NET through Visual Studio 2013, each major release of the C++ compiler and tools has included a new, standalone version of the Microsoft C Runtime (CRT) library. These standalone versions of the CRT were independent from, and to various degrees, incompatible with each other. For example, the CRT library used by Visual Studio 2012 was version 11, named msvcr110.dll, and the CRT used by Visual Studio 2013 was version 12, named msvcr120.dll. Beginning in Visual Studio 2015, this is no longer the case. Visual Studio 2015 and later versions of Visual Studio all use one Universal CRT.

The Universal CRT is a Microsoft Windows operating system component. It is included as part of the operating system in Windows 10 and is available for older operating systems, Windows Vista through Windows 8.1, by using Windows Update. In addition, local deployment of the Universal CRT is supported, with some restrictions.

Windows administrators may download the Universal C Runtime with a click on the following links:

Older Visual C++ Redistributable packages for Visual Studio still need to be downloaded and installed separately, or delivered as part of a program's installation process.

The Visual C++ All in One Installer is also useful when it comes to installing redistributable packages on Windows systems.

Closing Words

The Universal C Runtime is a step in the right direction. While it does not take care of older C++ Redistributable packages, it did so starting with the release of the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.

Now You: How many Redistributable packages are installed on your system? (via Born)

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft ends Visual C++ Redistributable Chaos appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 29, 2019

2. Visual C++ Redistributable won't install?

This issue might if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is not installed properly.

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Refer to the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Andre Da Costa, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x64 Installation Failure

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Programs and Features

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

4. Microsoft ends Visual C++ Redistributable Chaos

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

mfc110u.dll and MSVCR110.dll

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

msvcp 100.dll

This issue might if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is not installed properly.

Follow the below steps:

Programs and Features

Refer to the below link:

·
    Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center

2012 version:

You could try downloading the re-distributable package from Microsoft here:

X64

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center,
    and install it.

X86

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4I

2008 version:

x86:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582

x64:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15336

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

MSVCR110.dll is the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
    dll that is needed for projects built with Visual Studio 2011.

This error appears when you are trying to run a software which require Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012. The redistributable can easily be downloaded on the Microsoft website as x86 or x64 edition depending on the software
    you wish to install either 32 bit or 64 bit version.

Refer to the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679#

If the issue persistre-register the .dll files
    by following the steps below and check if you are facing similar issue.

Dynamic link library (DLL) is a collection of small programs, which can be called upon when needed by the executable program (EXE) that is running. When one of the DLL file is
    corrupted, then executable program will fail to perform properly. So we need to re-register the DLL files.

a. Press
    Windows key + X and select Command Prompt(Admin).

b. At the command prompt, type the commands mentioned below and press
    Enter after each command-

regsvr32 ntdll.dll /s

regsvr32 msdxm.ocx /s

regsvr32 dxmasf.dll /s

regsvr32 wmp.dll /s

regsvr32 wmpdxm.dll /s

c. After registering DLL files restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answer to the above question and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thema:

Microsoft ends Visual C++ Redistributable Chaos

1. Microsoft ends Visual C++ Redistributable Chaos - Similar Threads - Microsoft ends Visual

2. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: If a computer has many different versions, can the old ones be uninstalled safely?Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable 8.0.61001 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 10.0.30319 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 10.0.40219...
  3. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: If a computer has many different versions, can the old ones be uninstalled safely?Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable 8.0.61001 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 10.0.30319 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 10.0.40219...
  4. Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable: Can anyone please confirm for me if you can "Safely" delete old versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable up-grades as I have so many clogging up my hard drive and have been since 2005. Any correct advice would be appreciated, even if it is pointing me into the...
  5. Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables: Hello. Can someone please helpe me I was actually running csgo without visual c++ redistributables and it somehow worked. And I was getting around 80 fps but when I installed the 2015-201920132012Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables I noticed some lag performance on my...
  6. Microsoft visual c++ redistributable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft visual c++ redistributable: Hi, i bought brand new laptop, immediately upon turning it on, I got windows update, after restart, laptop started autoinstalling Microsoft visual c++ hybrid on his own... So what is hybrid? Why not regular one? Is hybrid also officially from Microsoft? I got 12 total, 8 of...
  7. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables: How do we know that which program is using what Redistributable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-redistributables/2fb060a0-a830-431f-9930-ba0e03640005
  8. microsoft visual c++ 2015 redistributable

microsoft visual c++ 2015 redistributable: Hi, I’m cleaning up my storage and I accidentally uninstall the microsoft visual c++ 2015 redistributable. I think I need to run other application. Can i download it again? And where Can i download it?...
  9. microsoft visual C++ redistributable

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft visual C++ redistributable: how can i get them back microsoft visual C++ redistributable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-redistributable/10eaae59-2a41-47c4-9719-74d08f1af698
  10. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013,2017. Are tall of them the same, i mean just an upgraded version of the first one. Do i need to have them all instaled on my pc?, thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will 2019 redistributables include 2015 and 2017

2. 86: vc_redist.x86.exe x64: vc_redist.x64.exe ARM64: vc_redist.arm64.exe