Windows 10: Microsoft enterprise downgrade to home

Discus and support Microsoft enterprise downgrade to home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, i have recently bought a pc and i have microsoft enterprise which is unactivated , i want microsoft home, i have bought a product key for home and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bradleyaddison, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Microsoft enterprise downgrade to home

Hi, i have recently bought a pc and i have microsoft enterprise which is unactivated , i want microsoft home, i have bought a product key for home and when i type it in it says it doesnt work and i have tried everything to try and get home and cant figure it out so i was wandering if you could help , thanks bradley

:)

bradleyaddison, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Shawn Brink, Apr 5, 2021
  3. wetenhr Win User
    Usable Product Keys for Enterprise downgrade to Pro

Hi, very interested in this opportunity simply to downgrade without having to reinstall.

Background - I got to Win 10 Enterprise when Win 10 was first released; at that time I think I was offered only Home or Enterprise, so selected Enterprise as my upgrade route from Win 7 Ultimate.

From there the Windows authentication process led to the digital signature being installed in my machine.

So I don't have a Win 10 Pro key to use in order to downgrade my setup. I only have my older Win 7 Pro and Win 7 Ultimate licenses available to me.

Can I use one or other of these as the key for a downgrade?

[Background - the reason I want to downgrade is due to problems upgrading to Creators Edition with Enterprise. Microsoft have suggested I reinstall, which I think will mean I need to go back to Win 7 Pro and build forward from there. If it's possible instead to just do a downgrade from Enterprise I'd rather go that way. I think I'm fine from an edition point of view; currently on 1607 and trying to go to 1703.]

wetenhr, Apr 5, 2021
  4. bl4kh4k Win User

Microsoft enterprise downgrade to home

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise with key

I know there are ways to downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Window 10 Professional with suggestions like this here: Is there a way to downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

However, I'm wondering if its just easier to enter a license key! Are there any ramifications to just entering a new license key into Windows 10 and then rebooting to activate Pro and leave Enterprise?

Also I'm aware of Enterprise being installed for a reason due to being installed by IT from a company in question however... doesn't apply here.

bl4kh4k, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft enterprise downgrade to home

1. Microsoft enterprise downgrade to home - Similar Threads - Microsoft enterprise downgrade

2. Downgrade from Enterprise to Home again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from Enterprise to Home again: I bought a new PC from a computer store. It already had windows 11 home on it. I changed it to Windows 11 Enterprise using one my works 11 enterprise Product key ID. But that didn't work out the way I hoped and now it just says it can't activate. I want to go back to the...
  3. Downgrade from Enterprise to Home again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade from Enterprise to Home again: I bought a new PC from a computer store. It already had windows 11 home on it. I changed it to Windows 11 Enterprise using one my works 11 enterprise Product key ID. But that didn't work out the way I hoped and now it just says it can't activate. I want to go back to the...
  4. Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home: I have a windows 10 Home key which I cannot activate, since the edition on the PC appears to be Enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-enterprise-to-home/63566ed3-598c-40d2-b516-dc4601adecd0
  5. Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home: I have a windows 10 Home key which I cannot activate, since the edition on the PC appears to be Enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-enterprise-to-home/63566ed3-598c-40d2-b516-dc4601adecd0
  6. Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows enterprise downgrading to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows enterprise downgrading to windows 10 home: Hi, I have windows 10 enterprise on my pc and I would like to downgrade? to windows 10 home because I need to update my version because I'm on 1809 but it won't let me. I have tried to use the default keys but it just comes up with an error. Can anyone help?Also, I don't have...
  8. Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: Soo I have a problem downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Home which was the default Edition of my new Notebook Dell Inspiron 14. This is what I did what happened: - First, I got this new notebook and started it .. the normal Windows Home startup "wizard" showed up and...
  9. Downgrading from Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

Downgrading from Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: Hello, I wish to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise edition to Home, and I've been looking at some forums regarding the topic. However, they all seem to state that a clean installation is required. Is there a way to avoid having to completely clean my PC in order to do this...
  10. Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: I recently acquired a used Surface Pro 4 from my husband's company and wanted to change from Enterprise to Home. I have purchased a digital version of Home, but have since found out that I need at least Windows 10 Pro for work. I have not been able to install the Home onto...