Windows 10: Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse Turns Itself Off

Discus and support Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse Turns Itself Off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I believe that the October 2018 Windows 10 Update has caused my Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Bluetooth mouse to turn itself. I have had the occasional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Karl Seeler, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse Turns Itself Off

I believe that the October 2018 Windows 10 Update has caused my Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Bluetooth mouse to turn itself. I have had the occasional problem of confusing the Sculpt Bluetooth mouse by moving it while clicking in the past. However, the October Windows 10 Update has created problem of the Sculpt Mouse turning itself off every few minutes. The blue LED goes out even though the slide switch on the bottom of the mouse is in the On position. When I slide the switch to Off and then back to On, the blue LED comes on and I can use the mouse for a few minutes before having to repeat the exercise. The behavior is annoying by itself but what really ties it is that the Windows 10 Update has messed up a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse.

Are others having sudden problems with Bluetooth mice? Is there a fix?

:)

Karl Seeler, Oct 6, 2018

2. Support for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse?

Why does the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center software fail to detect my Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse? I have tried different USB ports, but no joy.

Thanks for any advice.

JerryMeeker, Oct 6, 2018
  3. JimWynne Win User
    JimWynne, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Kris Ver Win User

Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse Turns Itself Off

Support for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse?

Hi Jerry,

You might be experiencing this because of compatibility issues. However,
    for us to provide a proper resolution, we would like to verify some information.

• Is this the first time that you're going to use the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse? If not, when was the last time you were able to use it?
    • Have you tried connecting your device to another computer to check if the same issue persists?
    • Are you getting any specific error when you're trying to connect your mouse? You can also send us a screenshot of the issue for us to have a clearer view.

We look forward to your response.

Kris Ver, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse Turns Itself Off

1. Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse Turns Itself Off - Similar Threads - Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt

2. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse: I have the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard and mouse. My question is this, is there a separate dongle for the keyboard and mouse? I purchased them together and I only have the one dongle, but it only works for the mouse and the number pad, but not the keyboard. I moved my...
  3. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse: I have the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard and mouse. My question is this, is there a separate dongle for the keyboard and mouse? I purchased them together and I only have the one dongle, but it only works for the mouse and the number pad, but not the keyboard. I moved my...
  4. Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic mouse lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic mouse lagging: Hi My Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic mouse is lagging big time at random times with full batteries. Any other Bluetooth mice including other Microsoft ones work perfectly. I see there's no real support for this, there are tons of users with the same problem...
  5. Sculpt mouse is turning itself off.... again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt mouse is turning itself off.... again: The Microsoft Sculpt Mouse has started turning itself off... again. There was an community answer dated Oct 2018, but those fixes do not work. It is interesting the keyboard and number keypad remains fully functional. I have deleted and reinstalled Microsoft Mouse and...
  6. Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse: Hi, i seem to be having the same common problem with my Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse that others have had in the past, but couldn't find a response to the issue. The left mouse button doesn't work nearly as well as it used to, i have to click in other areas of the button or shift...
  7. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse: I have had this mouse for some time and it had been trouble free until....Mouse functions upon restarting after a shutdown. If I put my PC to sleep the mouse stops functioning and is invisible. The keyboard wakes the PC. Only after using keyboard commands to restart am I...
  8. Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse: Hi, I have recently bought a sculpt ergonomic mouse and I really like the shape and feel, I just cant get it to work properly. I have tried a few different mouse pads and even tried the desk but it just doesn't seem to work properly. Is there a certain type of mouse pad i...
  9. Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse: My Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse USB receiver is no longer working. I need to get another one. The mouse is fine. How do I order one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-ergonomic-mouse/af6af844-50f0-4437-a947-61f4e3412111
  10. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse: I bought this mouse 10 May 2017 from Officeworks Australia in the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Combo Set for $148 and absolutely love the design. However, the wheel now doesn't work at all and neither the left nor right click buttons work as of today. I have been very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse turns off by itself

2. microsoft bluetooth sculpt mouse turns off

3. microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard keeps turning off

4. microsoft scupt missing first key when switching between windows