Windows 10: Microsoft error when trying to install printer

Discus and support Microsoft error when trying to install printer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been having issues with my printer, so decided to reinstall it. When I go to add a printer or scanner it asks me to log in with my microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NathalieReynolds, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Microsoft error when trying to install printer

I have been having issues with my printer, so decided to reinstall it.

When I go to add a printer or scanner it asks me to log in with my microsoft account account, but i get this error.

Request Id: 17442f1b-0f94-4439-98d5-0cb8459cfc00

Correlation Id: a9955a67-444b-4ff9-826e-cc8cefba0a9c
    Timestamp: 2020-10-28T12:09:12Z
    Message: AADSTS50020: User account 'xxxxxxx@xxxx' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application 'dae89220-69ba-4957-a77a-47b78695e883'Universal Print Native Client in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

I am a personal user and have no idea what Azure is.

I am using a Microsoft user that has administrator rights, so have no idea what the problem is.

The computer has recently come back from being fixed - screen issues, but I can't think that this would be part of the problem.

Thanks

:)

NathalieReynolds, Oct 28, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Oct 28, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Not working... I see the printer, but when I go to add it, I get this messge: "Windows could not connect to the printer (error 0x0000000d)."

I installed the 32-bit drivers for it and printed something out from the pc the printer is connected to, and I went to the additional drivers page and added drivers for 64-bit, and when I went to add the printer on the other machine, it copied drivers over, but after that I got the error message listed above...

4. Geethu B Win User

Microsoft error when trying to install printer

cannot install networked printer windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the printer?
    • Do you get any error messages? If yes, what is the complete error message?
    • Did you try the steps suggested by Mohammed AliAli replied on November 1, 2015?

If not, please try those steps and keep us updated on the status of the issue. I will be glad to help you further.

Geethu B, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft error when trying to install printer

1. Microsoft error when trying to install printer - Similar Threads - Microsoft error trying

2. Error when trying to install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to install update: I keep getting this message when hitting the "download & install" button for Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/20/2018 12:00:00 AM - 47.0.4098.1820: Install error - 0x80070103. I have tried to click "retry" and restart as well, but the error message kept appearing.Edition Windows 11...
  3. Windows 11 Error message 0x00000709 when trying to install shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Error message 0x00000709 when trying to install shared printer: operation could not be completed error 0x00000709. Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network...
  4. Windows 11 Error message 0x00000709 when trying to install shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Error message 0x00000709 when trying to install shared printer: operation could not be completed error 0x00000709. Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network...
  5. Getting AADSTS50020 account error when trying to install printer on home network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting AADSTS50020 account error when trying to install printer on home network: My networked printer suddenly stopped talking to one of my PCs. It still works on other PCs. Not a printer issue. I tried removing and reinstalling it. When I search for printers, it forces me to log on. I had to create a Microsoft account to get past this. However, when I...
  6. Error when trying to install Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error when trying to install Microsoft Store: I do this: Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} And get this: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error...
  7. Error when trying to install printer driver

Error when trying to install printer driver: Hi, really need some help please. Bought a printer Canon Pixma MG2160 and tried to connect to my laptop. Plugged in the USB cable and downloaded the latest driver from the official Canon website. The MP and XPS drivers have both downloaded, but when i try to follow the...
  8. Error: 0x000007d1, when trying to use Printer

Error: 0x000007d1, when trying to use Printer: In the Spring of 2019, I did the Windows 10 update and this created a 0x000007d1 error print driver error. After some struggle, I found the answer her in Microsoft Community: a procedure to delete a file via RegEdit. In January 2020, I needed to reset Windows 10 and know I...
  9. 0x800F0922 error when trying to use or reinstall Microsoft PDF Printer

0x800F0922 error when trying to use or reinstall Microsoft PDF Printer: Just sharing this solution in case it happens to anyone else. I tried applying the suggested solutions from the post on the same subject from 2017, but none worked. Whenever I tried to install the windows feature Microsoft PDF printer, the progress bar went to about 95%,...
  10. Error when trying to install printer with driver from Windows Update - error code...

Error when trying to install printer with driver from Windows Update - error code...: Hello, I have an older HP LaserJet 4000 printer with JetDirect interface card. I've successfully used this printer through the years with Windows XP, 7, 8.1, and 10. I just had to re-install windows on my desktop PC and installed Windows 10 1803. I cannot get the printer to...