Windows 10: Microsoft Event Viewer for Disconnected secondary monitor

Discus and support Microsoft Event Viewer for Disconnected secondary monitor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear All, I have been asked to find a event from the event viewer to investigate when a monitor cable broke. I have looked but I cannot find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesCoates0601, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Microsoft Event Viewer for Disconnected secondary monitor

Dear All,

I have been asked to find a event from the event viewer to investigate when a monitor cable broke. I have looked but I cannot find any events that look like a disconnected monitor.

James

:)

JamesCoates0601, Jun 10, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Win 10 won't boot, if I disconnect secondary drive(s)

1. Download: Macrium Rescue ISO 6.1.1000 and use: Rufus - Create bootable USB to create a USB Boot.
    2. Disconnect Disk 1 from your PC
    3. Boot up your PC using the USB in step 1
    4. Follow the screen shot to fix Windows Boot

Microsoft Event Viewer for Disconnected secondary monitor [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Primary monitor blacks out after disconnecting from external

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

This issue could be due to the display setting corruption that only affected the primary display when disconnected from the secondary.

I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Press ‘Win + R’ keys on the keyboard together to open the Run dialog box and type the following into the Run box:
      appwiz.cpl
    • Uninstall Intel HD Graphics Drivers and exit
      Programs and Features.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters and right click on
      Intel HD Graphics Display Driver.
    • Click on Uninstall and check the box
      Delete the driver software for this device.

• With the external monitor connected, reboot the machine.
    • Once the machine boots into the desktop, disconnect the external monitor and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 10, 2019
  4. nancy3243 Win User

Microsoft Event Viewer for Disconnected secondary monitor

Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Event Viewer for Disconnected secondary monitor

1. Microsoft Event Viewer for Disconnected secondary monitor - Similar Threads - Microsoft Event Viewer

2. Mouse disconnects when event id 5379 appears in event viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse disconnects when event id 5379 appears in event viewer: I've had this issue for about a month and have been able to see a popup of event id 5379 in event viewer at the exact timestamp of when the mouse disconnects. Sometimes there is like 40 of the id 5379 spammed in a row and my mouse is frozen for like 3 sec. Been unable to play...
  3. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  4. event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  5. Information in Microsoft Event Viewer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Information in Microsoft Event Viewer: Every time I finish FS 2020, I see the following results in Event Viewer! Does anyone have any idea what it depends on? Incorrect application path:\ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe Problem signature...
  6. Secondary monitor disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently and frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary monitor disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently and frequently: I've seen this issue reported here and numerous other places with no real solutions identified or posted, so I'll give it another shot. I have two systems that experience this issue, one is a desktop with two monitors connected, the other is a laptop with two external...
  7. event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer: code defenitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer/32a8bf89-f0e7-42b2-91f6-a2a60da0a8e1
  8. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  9. Secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary monitor: Recently I bought a slightly larger monitor and planned to use the older one as a secondary monitor. I went in via 'Display Settings' but have managed to screw things up and I've ended up making this smaller monitor the primary one. How might I reverse this and thus make the...
  10. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433