Windows 10: Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough...

Discus and support Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a windows service that runs a VBScript that creates a Excel file to attach to an email. When it runs i get the following error; Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ciaranpdonnelly, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough...

I have a windows service that runs a VBScript that creates a Excel file to attach to an email.

When it runs i get the following error;

Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space.

We have experienced the issue on MS server 2012 R2 peviously and were able to rectify the issue by creating a folder called "Desktop" int the follwoing directories;

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile

The folders are required to store the temporary excel file while it is being created and build by the VB script.

I have created the same folders on the MS 2016 server but it has not solved the issue.

I have also tried modifying the registry entry as mentioned in;

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12415690/how-to-fix-microsoft-excel-cannot-open-or-save-any-more-documents

i have also tried adjusting the trust centre setting in the excel 2013 app but this has not helped either;

http://itsupport.me/windows-tips/microsoft-excel-cannot-open-save-documents-not-enough-available-memory-disk-space/

Has anybody encounter this issue before on MS 2016 server and found a solution as the 2012 R2 solutions do not work?

:)

ciaranpdonnelly, Nov 21, 2018

2. I cannot save files made in excel 2010 to my documents

Hi Nancee,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to save Excel files to Documents after upgrading to Windows 10. I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Error opening Office documents after upgrading to Windows 10

If issue persists try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Unable to open an Excel document

Was working in an excel file last night and saved. This evening file will not open and says must have moved or saved elsewhere - errr no!

Tried repairing in Office, no joy. Any suggestions please?

Tricia Tai Chi, Nov 21, 2018
  4. LizMummy Win User

Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough...

Windows 10. I can't save an excel sheet

So I've created a small, very simple excel spreadsheet. Click Save As. It produces a list of destinations including Documents, Desktop etc. I click on documents and get precisely nothing. No error message. No co-operation. Any suggestions?

LizMummy, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough...

1. Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Excel cannot

2. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  3. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  4. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't open excel documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open excel documents: If I download excel documents on windows 10 I can't open them, not with excel nor sheets, those apps don't show up when I try to choose an app to open the file with. They do have the ".xlxs" at the end but the pc doesn't recognize them for some reason. I tried with files sent...
  6. Can't open excel documents

Can't open excel documents: If I download excel documents on windows 10 I can't open them, not with excel nor sheets, those apps don't show up when I try to choose an app to open the file with. They do have the ".xlxs" at the end but the pc doesn't recognize them for some reason. I tried with files sent...
  7. Opening Saved Excel,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Saved Excel,: I have a file saved in Excel and was just wandering if there was any way to program this file to open in full screen?There are times when I open this file and just the resizing and closing buttons are displayed....
  8. Opening Saved Excel,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Saved Excel,: I have a file saved in Excel and was just wandering if there was any way to program this file to open in full screen?There are times when I open this file and just the resizing and closing buttons are displayed....
  9. Opening Saved Excel,

10. Cannot save an excel file to any location on C:

Cannot save an excel file to any location on C:: W10 18362.449 Office 2016. I can open a excel file that sits on my desktop, change something and Excel will not allow me to Save As or Save it back to its original position or any other location on the C: Can save to another drive without issue. Had this problem before and...