Windows 10: Microsoft Excel

Discus and support Microsoft Excel in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I open a Excel document it runs a virus scan (I think it is McAfee). I have proven that it is NOT McAfee that is starting the scan because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kenneth Pincus, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Microsoft Excel

Every time I open a Excel document it runs a virus scan (I think it is McAfee). I have proven that it is NOT McAfee that is starting the scan because I turned OFF McAfee and opened the same Excel document and the virus scan still runs. Is there a virus scan feature that I am missing in Excel and if so, can I turn off this feature in Excel?

:)

Kenneth Pincus, Apr 10, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

Microsoft Excel [​IMG]

- this list:

Microsoft Excel [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Microsoft Excel

Excel printing

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Does this issue only occur with Excel file or nay other files?

Try to copy the excel file to the other drive and check if it is working?

Run Print Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer
    top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

If this doesn’t help. Try to repair the Microsoft Office Application.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Excel

1. Microsoft Excel - Similar Threads - Microsoft Excel

2. My Excel version are "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019", however formula like xlookup...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Excel version are "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019", however formula like xlookup...: It work at first when I write it, and it appear #NAME? on the next day I open my file.All my formula included with "=_xlfn." which I didn't write.and...
  3. My Excel version are "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019", however formula like xlookup...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Excel version are "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019", however formula like xlookup...: It work at first when I write it, and it appear #NAME? on the next day I open my file.All my formula included with "=_xlfn." which I didn't write.and...
  4. How can I make my Microsoft Excel Expert certification badge appear on the Microsoft dashboard?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I make my Microsoft Excel Expert certification badge appear on the Microsoft dashboard?: Dear Microsoft Support, I hope this message finds you well. My certification Badge for Microsoft Excel Expert exam is successfully claimed on Credly but it is not reflecting on the Microsoft dashboard. Additionally, I am confused whether my college account is linked to my...
  5. How can I make my Microsoft Excel Expert certification badge appear on the Microsoft dashboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make my Microsoft Excel Expert certification badge appear on the Microsoft dashboard?: Dear Microsoft Support, I hope this message finds you well. My certification Badge for Microsoft Excel Expert exam is successfully claimed on Credly but it is not reflecting on the Microsoft dashboard. Additionally, I am confused whether my college account is linked to my...
  6. How can I make my Microsoft Excel Expert certification badge appear on the Microsoft dashboard?

7. How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...: How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, etc. account while keeping desktop files independent from each other so that when I add a file to the desktop of laptop #1 it does not automatically populate to laptop #2? I want to use...
  8. How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...

How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...: How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, etc. account while keeping desktop files independent from each other so that when I add a file to the desktop of laptop #1 it does not automatically populate to laptop #2? I want to use...
  9. How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Can I have Windows 11 and Word and Excel on my laptop only, without Microsoft 365?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have Windows 11 and Word and Excel on my laptop only, without Microsoft 365?: Can I have Windows 11 and Word and Excel only on my laptop with NO Microsoft 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-have-windows-11-and-word-and-excel-on-my/a1b1d8a0-6282-4436-baeb-605241d06fa4