Windows 10: Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram

Discus and support Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a doubt about "Microsoft.exe" process that use almost 2,5gb of ram, what's it purpose , and how can i fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nicolas Pasten, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram

I have a doubt about "Microsoft.exe" process that use almost 2,5gb of ram, what's it purpose , and how can i fix it

:)

Nicolas Pasten, Feb 14, 2020

2. Crossfire - 2900XT - BSOD above 5GB RAM

Many thanks for suggestions:

- memtest86+1.7.iso was used and showed all 8GB OK
    - Now tried all combinations for the Crossfire internal bridges - no change to memory being reported

So, I have a Crossfire-enabled system but cannot get it to run above 5gb and when 8GB worth of RAM is inserted it BSODs.

Any further suggestions welcome...

collinsray, Feb 14, 2020
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Vista Using 5gb of ram??

It wouldn't show up on that meter if it was being cached. There is obviously something going wrong with one of your processes and its taking up all your RAM. If you check the process list it will tell you what is using it.

DrPepper, Feb 14, 2020
  4. BunnyJ Win User

Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram

Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?

Screen Shot of my PC System..

Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram

1. Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram - Similar Threads - Microsoft exe process

2. GameDVR using up literally almost al my RAM (12-14gb)??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GameDVR using up literally almost al my RAM (12-14gb)??: This mostly happens when I turn on background recording, it will sometimes work fine for a little bit then randomly spike up to using 12-14gb of ram, which makes my computer pretty much unusable at that point. I need to use the background recording function for a game I play,...
  3. 45%+ RAM being used while (almost) idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    45%+ RAM being used while (almost) idle: The title is a lie. What I actually mean is that when I'm browsing chrome there is 45%+ RAM being used with even 16GB of RAM. Anyone know why this would be? https://imgur.com/a/vflCb1B submitted by /u/tanisray55 [link] [comments]...
  4. Problems using almost almost all windows related software

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems using almost almost all windows related software: Hello, I’ve been having problems with my pc not allowing me to open or access anything like Microsoft Store, Photos, One Drive, or anything like that. I noticed When I go to my account setting it says verify identity, but if I click verify a grey screen pops up and flickers...
  5. What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?

in Windows 10 News
    What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A lot of Windows users have doubts about whether the rundll32.exe process that they see in the Task Manager is a genuine process or a virus. The reason behind these inquiries is the paranoia created by fraud tech support companies [...] This post What is...
  6. Clicking on a exe starts the program in the background processes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking on a exe starts the program in the background processes.: Hi, I'll try to be short, since it's strange and hard to explain. Had windows 8.1, upgraded to Windows 10, everything normal. After a few months, one program I use for a long time started giving me problems - plays.tv. It''s a client app that allows recording of in-game...
  7. Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?: Hello. I have a Lenovo G50-45 Windows 10 Professional 64-bit with a 64-bit AMD A8-6410 APU processor laptop.<br>I somewhy only have 5GB of ram usable when I have 6gb DDR3. I have unchecked maximum memory in msconfig, and have set the number of processors to 4, but still...
  8. Sudden and temporary slowdowns. .exe processes "not responding"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden and temporary slowdowns. .exe processes "not responding": Hi guys, Have been working on this issue for a few days, but I cant seem to get anywhere. Im on a fresh install of windows 10 pro. Occasionally, I will experience an intense but temporary slow down. Every 20-40 minutes roughly. The system runs smooth as butter besides...
  9. Windows 10 new upgrade, system process using a lot of RAM

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 new upgrade, system process using a lot of RAM: I seem to have an issue with one of my system processes using up an inordinate amount of RAM. It isn't causing a lot of issues right now, but it definitely bogs things down here and there. Pictures are of my task manager window on relevant tabs....
  10. process called "system" uses lots of ram

in Windows 10 Support
    process called "system" uses lots of ram: 64 bit build 10162 task manager shows a process called "system", details are "NT Kernel and system" it uses between 200 and 600 mg of memory, depending what the computer happens to be doing at the time Is this normal, and is there anything to do about it? It definitely...