Windows 10: Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram

Discus and support Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a doubt about "Microsoft.exe" process that use almost 2,5gb of ram, what's it purpose , and how can i fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nicolas Pasten, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram

I have a doubt about "Microsoft.exe" process that use almost 2,5gb of ram, what's it purpose , and how can i fix it

:)

Nicolas Pasten, Feb 14, 2020

2. Crossfire - 2900XT - BSOD above 5GB RAM

Many thanks for suggestions:

- memtest86+1.7.iso was used and showed all 8GB OK
    - Now tried all combinations for the Crossfire internal bridges - no change to memory being reported

So, I have a Crossfire-enabled system but cannot get it to run above 5gb and when 8GB worth of RAM is inserted it BSODs.

Any further suggestions welcome...

collinsray, Feb 14, 2020
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Vista Using 5gb of ram??

It wouldn't show up on that meter if it was being cached. There is obviously something going wrong with one of your processes and its taking up all your RAM. If you check the process list it will tell you what is using it.

DrPepper, Feb 14, 2020
  4. BunnyJ Win User

Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram

Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?

Screen Shot of my PC System..

Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram

1. Microsoft.exe process use almost 2.5gb of ram - Similar Threads - Microsoft exe process

2. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  3. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  4. Using 85% 15GB RAM - Task Manager shows 5GB used?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using 85% 15GB RAM - Task Manager shows 5GB used?: I have 16GB of RAM installed so in the region of 15GB the PC gets slow and gets hiccups. What I have noticed that on both Windows 10 and 11 after upgrade the RAM is reaching max with no apparent reason, With just 3 programs open, for example, little video in Vegas pro, A...
  5. Using 85% 15GB RAM - Task Manager shows 5GB used?

Using 85% 15GB RAM - Task Manager shows 5GB used?: I have 16GB of RAM installed so in the region of 15GB the PC gets slow and gets hiccups. What I have noticed that on both Windows 10 and 11 after upgrade the RAM is reaching max with no apparent reason, With just 3 programs open, for example, little video in Vegas pro, A...
  6. Powershell using almost RAM in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell using almost RAM in background: My laptop has 8GB or RAM. Sometime when I notice it is painfully slow and I check task manager, I find a powershell process using so much ram around 3 GB . Is there a way to find what triggers this powershell? Can it be a Virus or Malware?...
  7. Powershell using almost RAM in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell using almost RAM in background: My laptop has 8GB or RAM. Sometime when I notice it is painfully slow and I check task manager, I find a powershell process using so much ram around 3 GB . Is there a way to find what triggers this powershell? Can it be a Virus or Malware?...
  8. Powershell using almost RAM in background

9. Notepad using over 2 gig of RAM and almost 100% CPU?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad using over 2 gig of RAM and almost 100% CPU?: Anyone else getting this? I very rarely use Notepad and disabled in startup but it randomly starts on it's own and uses huge amounts of RAM and CPU. I've run a complete offline scan with Malwarebytes AND Defender, both come up clean. It started after the last update Version...
  10. Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?: Hello. I have a Lenovo G50-45 Windows 10 Professional 64-bit with a 64-bit AMD A8-6410 APU processor laptop.<br>I somewhy only have 5GB of ram usable when I have 6gb DDR3. I have unchecked maximum memory in msconfig, and have set the number of processors to 4, but still...