Windows 10: Microsoft exec believes LTE will become an integral part of notebooks

Discus and support Microsoft exec believes LTE will become an integral part of notebooks in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 on ARM with LTE connectivity is the next big thing, and Microsoft is fully committed to it. Microsoft is betting big on such devices and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 9, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft exec believes LTE will become an integral part of notebooks

Windows 10 on ARM with LTE connectivity is the next big thing, and Microsoft is fully committed to it. Microsoft is betting big on such devices and it’s expected to evolve in the coming months. Zhang Yongli, vice president of Microsoft Greater China, praised the built-in LTE capability of the notebook.

At Computex 2018 event in Taipei, Zhang Yongli said that LTE will eventually become an integral part of notebooks, thanks to the 5G applications. He also added that the notebook with built-in LTE will require only a small storage capacity, as the users can store the data in the cloud.

Microsoft is making a push for Always Connected PCs with Qualcomm

Microsoft is fully committed to Always Connected Windows 10 PCs with always-on LTE connectivity. Back in 2016, Microsoft and Qualcomm partnered to develop software and chipset for the 2-in-1s hybrid devices powered by Snapdragon processor.

The Always Connected PCs make use of LTE to stay always connected to the internet. Windows 10 on ARM is slowly gaining popularity, thanks to the instant-on capabilities and LTE everywhere.

Qualcomm recently announced the Snapdragon 850 processor, and it will pave the way for notebooks getting a significant performance boost. Snapdragon 850 uses the same octa-core configuration as the Snapdragon 845, but Snapdragon 850’s Kryo 385 Gold cores are running at 2.95GHz. While it’s slightly higher than the Snapdragon 845, it also improves the efficiency and battery life.

In other words, the Snapdragon 850 is a modified mobile computing machine and it will power the Windows 10 notebooks from Microsoft’s partners.

The first generation devices powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and high-speed LTE connectivity reached the market earlier this year, the devices were mostly criticized for the performance and Win32 software emulation. Microsoft has fixed the software related issues with Windows 10 April 2018 Update and Qualcomm addressed the performance issues with the new processor.

Windows 10 on ARM makes sense, and it could allow cheaper hardware with the decent performance so that it can meet the requirements of students.

Allways Connected PCs with LTE connectivity is not just limited to Snapdragon processor. Microsoft is said to be working on affordable Surface devices with Intel chipset and LTE, primarily aimed at the education market.

The post Microsoft exec believes LTE will become an integral part of notebooks appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Cortana - notebook icon missing

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Disabling LTE on WIN HD LTE mobile (Windows 8.1)

Hi,

Regarding your issue with turning off LTE on your phone, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Scroll down to Mobile Network and tap it.
    • Tap Highest Connection Speed field box.
    • Choose 3G.

Let us know hot it goes.

Billy Med, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft exec believes LTE will become an integral part of notebooks

1. Microsoft exec believes LTE will become an integral part of notebooks - Similar Threads - Microsoft exec believes

2. Some part of my screen become unclickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some part of my screen become unclickable: since last year I have had this problem, some part of my screen becomes unclickable unless i restart the machine,so late week I did a clean install of Windows 11, guess what, today that demon is back today, this is frustrating as hell, any help please....
  3. Some part of my screen become unclickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some part of my screen become unclickable: since last year I have had this problem, some part of my screen becomes unclickable unless i restart the machine,so late week I did a clean install of Windows 11, guess what, today that demon is back today, this is frustrating as hell, any help please....
  4. My Notebook becomes unresponsive at Windows Welcome/Login Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Notebook becomes unresponsive at Windows Welcome/Login Screen: Product: HP Spectre X360 Convertible 13-Aw0xxx Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit Since Windows 11 was available for upgrade I did it. After two days of cumulative updates, the notebook's inbuilt keyboard becomes unresponsive at login screen, after several resets...
  5. Disappearance of my integrated graphics part in the task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disappearance of my integrated graphics part in the task manager: After a windows update when i casually checked my task manager the integrated graphics card part is not showing but at first there will be two parts for the graphics like one will be my integrated graphics and other will be my dedicated GPU , and now my dedicated GPU is being...
  6. MS Notebook shattered into many parts --- need help reassembling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Notebook shattered into many parts --- need help reassembling.: Somehow my MS One Note Notebook has become very fragmented. It used to be one complete notebook and now it seems to be divided into three or more parts. Several parts are in 'misplaced sections' and others are marked as 'open sections'. I guess combining all these parts...
  7. Random parts of my background become black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random parts of my background become black: Hello, I'm not sure if it's an issue with Windows or something with my GPU but I have 2 GIFs I recorded as an example of a recent issue I came across where the background of my desktop would turn black around icons, by dragging the mouse over a certain area, right click and...
  8. Random parts of my background become black

in Windows 10 Support
    Random parts of my background become black: Hello, I'm not sure if it's an issue with Windows or something with my GPU but I have 2 GIFs I recorded as an example of a recent issue I came across where the background of my desktop would turn black around icons, by dragging the mouse over a certain area, right click and...
  9. lte

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lte: so some windows laptops have lte cellular sim cards inside. if i bought a laptop that had one, how would i connect it with a cellular carrier? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lte/1987fbeb-e1f1-4fe7-a8d2-19c18d57b0be
  10. LTE icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LTE icon: after updating my surface pro my LTE icon has gone and I can not even find it in my network area please let me know how fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lte-icon/210f7121-c88d-4e4e-a4e6-d05c5a0ca0c2