Windows 10: Microsoft expands cross-platform services strategy

Discus and support Microsoft expands cross-platform services strategy in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] In a mobile-first, cloud-first world, it’s devices that enable all the experiences to come together for consumers, businesses, developers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 26, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft expands cross-platform services strategy

Source: https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/201...vice-partners/

Brink, May 26, 2015

2. Dang, I thought this was announcing that you could install Windows 10 on an Android tablet.

Alas, it's apps only for now
    These 31 partners will offer Android tablets pre-installed with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive and Skype in the near future. They will be available on a new LG tablet, and Sony will include them on their Xperia Z4 tablet in the next 90 days.

:)

Slartybart, May 26, 2015
  3. DaliborK Win User
    My Phone API

Hi, is there an API I cloud use for a programble access to My Phone service?

Thanks,

Dali

Platform Strategy Advisor, Microsoft

DaliborK, May 26, 2015
  4. Microsoft expands cross-platform services strategy

Why are you giving Cortana to other OS? Your competitors are not making any app for Windows Phone!

Everyone understands this and even a baby also can understand. All the big headlines are also talking about this. I think either Windows Phone will be sold to its competitor or Microsoft will invest in its competitor's mobile OS.

Check the below links.

Lenovo
    says Microsoft's cross-platform software makes Windows Phones less relevant

Cortana On Android
    Is Another Nail In The Microsoft Windows Phone Coffin

Pushan Bhattacharya, May 26, 2015
  5. I do believe there will be a Windows 10 mobile that will run on ARM processors? There is also Windows 10 for IoT devices like the Raspberry Pi. You may get your wish at some point.

alphanumeric, May 26, 2015
  6. *Wink
    Not really a wish, but if MS is going to try and take over the Universe (again!*Smile) they might as well plan to put Win10 on everything, even my IoToaster.

They would love to have that market and rip it right out of Google's pocket. We'll see - they've done very well in the past, not quite taking over the entire Universe, but a good number of quadrants.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft expands cross-platform services strategy

1. Microsoft expands cross-platform services strategy - Similar Threads - Microsoft expands cross

2. Cross Platform Friends PS4/Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross Platform Friends PS4/Microsoft Account: Hi, Really new to this and trying to sort it out for my son. I have set up my son with a Microsoft Account and he has signed into minecraft on his PS4 but when he goes to add cross platform friends it tells him that he can't as there is some restriction on his Microsoft...
  3. Minecraft Cross Platform

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Cross Platform: Hello I am having an issue where my friend and I have friended each other on the Minecraft Windows 10 edition, however he is playing on PS4 and I am playing on PC, while another friend of mine is also playing on PS4. The issue is that I cannot find the world, whenever I...
  4. Store cross platforming

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store cross platforming: Hey. If I buy a game on my laptop for $50 dollars, do I have to pay for it again to play the game with the same account on another device? If it help, I'm wishing to buy Sea of Theives Thanks....
  5. Cross platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross platform: It is not letting me play with a ps4 player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cross-platform/b3c075e5-13ad-41ae-80ef-a5e9f995a827
  6. minecraft cross platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft cross platform: when i hit find cross platform friends it says you cant add friends bc of how your microsoft account is set up how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-cross-platform/3bfc842e-4e17-4a1c-a03c-4bdf796361dd
  7. Minecraft cross-platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft cross-platform: I am trying to join my friends who are on various platforms on minecraft but an error message pops up reading: 'You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up. Review and change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings' I have been...
  8. PS4 cross platform account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 cross platform account: I am wondering when someone is going to get on top of this issue with the microsoft accounts not working for PS4. I've been trying for weeks to log in, and it always says failed to login. I feel as if this is unfair towards players on the PlayStation platform because nothing...
  9. cross-platform play questions

in Windows 10 Support
    cross-platform play questions: I do not own an Xbox one or an Xbox 360, but my friend has an Xbox 360 and I have a windows 10 gaming PC. I was able to add him as a friend and send messages, but I see that a number of games do not show up in the windows 10 or Xbox one section of the store through the Xbox...
  10. Microsoft Azure Media Services expands End-to-End cloud video platform

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Azure Media Services expands End-to-End cloud video platform: [img] Over the last year we have built on the strong momentum of Azure Media Services by adding more innovating features to enable content owners and partners to prepare, protect, distribute and monetize media content in the cloud. Building off of the recent successes in...