Windows 10: Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge.

Discus and support Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leopeva64-2, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge.

/u/Leopeva64-2, Sep 23, 2020

2. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Edge new tab

Hello All,

Sorry for the delayed response from our end.

Please be informed that Edge open a new tab to a specific webpage every time you click the "+" button at the right of a tab. Customizable options available are

• Show top sites
    • Show top sites
    • My news feed
    However you can still enjoy the best of the best features of the Internet Explorer using Microsoft Edge browser page.

Follow below steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Tap the three-dot menu (More Actions) on the top right on any page that you want to open in Internet Explorer.

3. Select Open With Internet Explorer.

Your recommendation is a valuable feedback for us and a scope for further improvement.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thanks

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge.

Edge new tab

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Especially for Edge, its New tab page also shows “suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.

Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge. edge_newtab_10122_1.png

In Microsoft Edge, you have an option not to show the New tab page when you open a new tab. Just head to the ellipsis icon at the top right then select Settings. In Settings panel, you’ll see the option “Open new tab with.” In the drop-down menu, select
    “Blank page” to disable New tab page.

Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge. edge_newtab_10122_2.png

Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge. edge_newtab_10122_3.png

How to disable suggested content in New tab page

Suggested content has your information at a glance: weather, national news, local news, and even featured apps from the Store. Sometimes you don’t want to see this cluster and wish to hide it. To do that, you need to open Settings via the ellipsis icon.
    Then select “Top sites” in the drop-down menu of “Open new tab with.”

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge.

1. Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge. - Similar Threads - Microsoft explain Sleeping

2. How to disable Fade Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Fade Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge browser: Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge prevents your PC from becoming slow and sluggish. It puts the background tabs into the idle state and becomes active when clicked. However, when you turn on the Sleeping Tabs feature, the Fade Sleeping Tabs option is enabled by default. This...
  3. How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge: If you have customized the new tab page, it might take some time to load it every time. To reduce the opening time, you can preload a new tab page for a faster experience in the Edge browser. It is possible to enable or disable the preload of the new tab page feature from the...
  4. Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/0ssamaak0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8xp0j/lets_appreciate_edges_new_vertical_tabs_and/
  5. How to save resources of your device with Microsoft Edge [SLEEPING TABS]

How to save resources of your device with Microsoft Edge [SLEEPING TABS]: NEW VIDEO N. 53 ️ In this video tutorial, you’ll learn how to save resources of your device while browsing the internet with #MicrosoftEdge Chromium. I will guide you step by step through the feature Sleeping Tabs that put to sleep a tab when there is no more activity on it...
  6. Microsoft explains how Windows 10 will get new features faster

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft explains how Windows 10 will get new features faster: Microsoft is working on a major overhaul of how new features and improvements are delivered to Windows 10 via Windows Update. In a bid to make the update process faster, Microsoft recently announced ‘Windows Feature Experience Pack’, which is designed to provide users with...
  7. How to Add Tab to New or Existing Group in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add Tab to New or Existing Group in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  8. Microsoft is testing a new feature called "Sleeping tabs" in Edge Canary.

Microsoft is testing a new feature called "Sleeping tabs" in Edge Canary.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iupjqn/microsoft_is_testing_a_new_feature_called/
  9. An interesting feature being tested on Edge's New Tab Page.

An interesting feature being tested on Edge's New Tab Page.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hu8hlb/an_interesting_feature_being_tested_on_edges_new/
  10. Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers: It’s clear that Microsoft is fully committed to improving Chromium-based Edge browser and multiple enhancements are already underway. Many of the improvements will come to all Chromium-powered browsers, including Chrome. After adding an improved version of Find box to...