Windows 10: Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has just released Windows 10 build 10130 to Windows Insiders, thus providing them with a new version of the upcoming operating system just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 30, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10

Source

:)

labeeman, May 30, 2015

2. File Explorer icons

Someone went to some trouble to design new icons for File Explorer in Window 10... What do they mean? Is there a list that explains why I have multiple Documents icons in different places, and what the icons mean?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Froggy8778, May 30, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    WHERE can I find all Microsoft icons and their related meaning?

A very hard thing to find, but i did find a web page that explains most of the icons and includes videos of navigating your way through the new Windows 10 interface, it is titled Windows Taskbar, but it explains a whole lot more than that -

Click HERE

DaveM121, May 30, 2015
  4. Molyy Win User

Win8 icons (first row in pic) still looks sooooo much better.
    3d works well; flat-design icons always seem to look terrible and outdated.

Molyy, May 31, 2015
  5. The newer Win10 icons are a big improvement over the earlier Win10 icons, but the Win 7/8 icons are still nicer in some ways. I find the square recycle bin of the Win10 icons particularly offensive.

Delicieuxz, May 31, 2015
  6. That's what themes are for *Smile. Thank goodness for them. The only pet peeve I have about newer versions of Windows since 8 is the start button. Why do they make the Start button so dead and bland without any colors. I mean geez with 16.7 million colors give it some damn life ..... everything is so 'plain and grey' Not the taskbar color I'm talking about the actual Start button.

This:

Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Now This:

Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I meant being so grey/white. Bad enough in Win 7 they decided to make the notification icons all white, I actually liked how they were colored in VISTA, but after 7 yea the notification icons are white, then in 8 they decided to remove the start menu and make the start button plain white in 8.1, I mean crap, add some life to it like the traditional win colors. They changed it so much we should be able at least to change the color of the start button. Maybe even change the image all together. I like that how in classic shell and Start8 for Windows 8 when we restored the start menu you were able to change the icon to whatever floats your boat. I feel the same should be in order for Win 10.

Its so plain and bland.

heyyahblah, May 31, 2015
  7. What about the Windows logo during boot ?. Is it the same irritating blue square logo of 8.x ?.

Anshad Edavana, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Explains Icon

2. Microsoft shows off new design ideas for Windows 10 apps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows off new design ideas for Windows 10 apps: Microsoft is taking the Windows 10 redesign seriously and the company is now exploring improvements for the Store apps too. Microsoft is considering a few new design changes that would affect the way apps display ListView, GridView, buttons and other elements in their...
  3. Microsoft explains how Windows 10 will get new features faster

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft explains how Windows 10 will get new features faster: Microsoft is working on a major overhaul of how new features and improvements are delivered to Windows 10 via Windows Update. In a bid to make the update process faster, Microsoft recently announced ‘Windows Feature Experience Pack’, which is designed to provide users with...
  4. Microsoft explains Windows 10’s new “single package design”

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft explains Windows 10’s new “single package design”: As we reported recently, Microsoft is simplifying and enhancing the Windows Update process by combining servicing stack and cumulative updates into a single package. This move is expected to make Windows 10 patches more reliable, at least for some users or those who skip...
  5. Windows 10 New Settings design

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 New Settings design: How do you gonna get this settings design? I'm using Windows 10 2004. coz my current settings is just like the previous one. any workaround? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-new-settings-design/c9f22be1-ed58-4a3a-b386-c2ad10214989
  6. Microsoft Exchange gets new Fluent Design icon

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Exchange gets new Fluent Design icon: Hello world! We've had a bit of a makeover, let us know what you think? Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 136733
  7. New Fluent Design icon for Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 News
    New Fluent Design icon for Windows Terminal: So excited to share with you the new icon for Windows Terminal! A huge thank you to everyone who helped contribute to the design. We were all inspired by your work!! See also: Windows Terminal Build 2019 FAQ Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 135046
  8. windows 10 settings new header design

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 settings new header design: Hi, On a recent update, I received the new header design that shows on settings home page. Today after I installed a new cumulative update ( Build 18362.145 (KB4497935) the header is gone, I'm wondering why..has this happened to anyone else ? Thanks, David 133286
  9. When will the Windows 10 icon of the new design be updated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When will the Windows 10 icon of the new design be updated?: I saw new Windows10 icon overhaul on webpage.(https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/2/18122229/microsoft-windows-10-icon-design-changes) I have checked the icon update of the current Office365 1905 version. When will the Windows 10 icon of the new design be updated?...
  10. Microsoft is rolling out a Cortana update with new design on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out a Cortana update with new design on Windows 10: It looks like a new server-side update is rolling out to Cortana in Windows 10 October 2018 Update with noticable changes. The latest server-side update to Cortana revamps the homepage interface to bring it in line with the changes that have been tested by Microsoft in...