Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has just released Windows 10 build 10130 to Windows Insiders, thus providing them with a new version of the upcoming operating system just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 30, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Source

:)

labeeman, May 30, 2015
  2. Froggy8778 Win User

File Explorer icons

Someone went to some trouble to design new icons for File Explorer in Window 10... What do they mean? Is there a list that explains why I have multiple Documents icons in different places, and what the icons mean?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Froggy8778, May 30, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    WHERE can I find all Microsoft icons and their related meaning?

A very hard thing to find, but i did find a web page that explains most of the icons and includes videos of navigating your way through the new Windows 10 interface, it is titled Windows Taskbar, but it explains a whole lot more than that -

Click HERE

DaveM121, May 30, 2015
  4. Molyy Win User

Win8 icons (first row in pic) still looks sooooo much better.
    3d works well; flat-design icons always seem to look terrible and outdated.

Molyy, May 31, 2015
  5. Delicieuxz Win User
    The newer Win10 icons are a big improvement over the earlier Win10 icons, but the Win 7/8 icons are still nicer in some ways. I find the square recycle bin of the Win10 icons particularly offensive.

Delicieuxz, May 31, 2015
  6. heyyahblah Win User
    That's what themes are for *Smile. Thank goodness for them. The only pet peeve I have about newer versions of Windows since 8 is the start button. Why do they make the Start button so dead and bland without any colors. I mean geez with 16.7 million colors give it some damn life ..... everything is so 'plain and grey' Not the taskbar color I'm talking about the actual Start button.

This:

Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Now This:

Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I meant being so grey/white. Bad enough in Win 7 they decided to make the notification icons all white, I actually liked how they were colored in VISTA, but after 7 yea the notification icons are white, then in 8 they decided to remove the start menu and make the start button plain white in 8.1, I mean crap, add some life to it like the traditional win colors. They changed it so much we should be able at least to change the color of the start button. Maybe even change the image all together. I like that how in classic shell and Start8 for Windows 8 when we restored the start menu you were able to change the icon to whatever floats your boat. I feel the same should be in order for Win 10.

Its so plain and bland.

heyyahblah, May 31, 2015
  7. Anshad Edavana Win User
    What about the Windows logo during boot ?. Is it the same irritating blue square logo of 8.x ?.

Anshad Edavana, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Explains Icon

2. microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989: Microsoft Edge Critical Error screen (red in color. wanting my user name and password, gave the tel number 866 393 7989. called and they would not say they were Microsoft only another company to fix issue. meantime I can't do to much....
  3. How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10: [IMG] Booting the computer system involves loading an operating system from the various boot devices like drivers, network, and USB drives when the computer is switched on. Once the startup sequence finishes loading the operating system, the system hardware will be [...]...
  4. How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10: [ATTACH] In this post, we will see what is the bootres.dll file in the Windows 10 OS and where is it located. We will also see how to fix or replace a corrupted bootres.dll file that may prevent you from booting [...] This post How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in...
  5. Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for August 2018

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for August 2018: Release Notes August 2018 Security Updates Release Date: August 14, 2018 The August security release consists of security updates for the following software: Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps...
  6. My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro: I have installed a new Slingbox 500 onto my Windows Surface Pro 4, which has the 64bit Windows Pro installed. I have all the current Windows Updates, however, I can't seem to connect to my Slingbox. When I contacted Sling Media about the issue they mentioned that some else...
  7. Windows 10 login pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 login pin: How do I change and or correct my windows 10 login pin? I keep getting an error message when my PC reboots after updates have installed on my system and a reboot is required. I get the error message that the username and password are incorrect. Then I input my Microsoft...
  8. Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...: I have been trying to get an Windows 10 1803 ISO for my office for a VM Hypervisor. The Media Creation Tool 1803 is running really slow and when I lock my computer down for my work day so it can keep downloading, when I come back, the program is closed and the file is not...
  9. Windows 10 cannot update to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot update to 1803: My newly installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit cannot be updated to 1803. It finished downloading and 15% in to the installation, it fails. I uninstalled then still has no luck. I also ran the Windows update trouble-shooter tool. Thank you for your help...
  10. Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers: Today is Patch Tuesday and Microsoft has just rolled out Windows 10 KB4343909. In case you’re planning to upgrade the PC manually, the direct download links for Windows 10 KB4343909 are also available. Windows 10 KB4343909 is available for devices running version 1803 and it...