Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Microsoft has just released Windows 10 build 10130 to Windows Insiders, thus providing them with a new version of the upcoming operating system just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 30, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Source

:)

labeeman, May 30, 2015
  2. Froggy8778 Win User

File Explorer icons

Someone went to some trouble to design new icons for File Explorer in Window 10... What do they mean? Is there a list that explains why I have multiple Documents icons in different places, and what the icons mean?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Froggy8778, May 30, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    WHERE can I find all Microsoft icons and their related meaning?

A very hard thing to find, but i did find a web page that explains most of the icons and includes videos of navigating your way through the new Windows 10 interface, it is titled Windows Taskbar, but it explains a whole lot more than that -

Click HERE

DaveM121, May 30, 2015
  4. Molyy Win User

Win8 icons (first row in pic) still looks sooooo much better.
    3d works well; flat-design icons always seem to look terrible and outdated.

Molyy, May 31, 2015
  5. Delicieuxz Win User
    The newer Win10 icons are a big improvement over the earlier Win10 icons, but the Win 7/8 icons are still nicer in some ways. I find the square recycle bin of the Win10 icons particularly offensive.

Delicieuxz, May 31, 2015
  6. heyyahblah Win User
    That's what themes are for *Smile. Thank goodness for them. The only pet peeve I have about newer versions of Windows since 8 is the start button. Why do they make the Start button so dead and bland without any colors. I mean geez with 16.7 million colors give it some damn life ..... everything is so 'plain and grey' Not the taskbar color I'm talking about the actual Start button.

This:

[​IMG]

Now This:

[​IMG]

I meant being so grey/white. Bad enough in Win 7 they decided to make the notification icons all white, I actually liked how they were colored in VISTA, but after 7 yea the notification icons are white, then in 8 they decided to remove the start menu and make the start button plain white in 8.1, I mean crap, add some life to it like the traditional win colors. They changed it so much we should be able at least to change the color of the start button. Maybe even change the image all together. I like that how in classic shell and Start8 for Windows 8 when we restored the start menu you were able to change the icon to whatever floats your boat. I feel the same should be in order for Win 10.

Its so plain and bland.

heyyahblah, Jun 1, 2015
  7. Anshad Edavana Win User
    What about the Windows logo during boot ?. Is it the same irritating blue square logo of 8.x ?.

Anshad Edavana, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Explains Icon

1. Microsoft Inviting More Xbox Insiders to Join Alpha - Skip Ahead

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Inviting More Xbox Insiders to Join Alpha - Skip Ahead: [ATTACH] Recently we announced the addition of the “Alpha – Skip Ahead” ring to our Xbox One Update Preview, and in that time, we’ve seen a lot of excitement from the community. Because of this, and to further prepare for flighting RS5, we’re looking to expand and diversify...
  2. Does Microsoft think that this desktop PC is an Xbox?

in Windows 10 News
    Does Microsoft think that this desktop PC is an Xbox?: Why did I get this update last month? 9NBLGGH537C2-Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay Does Microsoft think that this desktop PC is an Xbox? 112593
  3. Microsoft Explains When You Need a Windows 10 Product Key and When You

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Explains When You Need a Windows 10 Product Key and When You: With Windows 10, Microsoft introduced a new activation system called digital entitlement that allows users to upgrade from an older operating system, such as Windows 7 and 8.1, to the new one without the need for a product key. Once the upgrade is complete, the system...
  4. Microsoft will explain only 'significant' Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will explain only 'significant' Windows 10 updates: Microsoft has explained its policy about how much information it will offer on the content of Cumulative Updates to Windows 10. In a statement sent by a spokesperson to us, Microsoft said: “As we have done in the past, we post KB articles relevant to most updates which...
  5. Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10: Microsoft announced today that it will be launching Windows 10 on July 29th, encouraging Windows 7 and 8.1 users to reserve their free upgrade with a notification in their task bar. However, while the company has been busy highlighting all the shiny new features in the...
  6. Microsoft sort of explains what happened to Windows 9

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft sort of explains what happened to Windows 9: When Microsoft announced Windows 10, the first question many people asked was what happened to Windows 9? While we have heard the reasoning about the programming issue for legacy applications, Microsoft is pushing a line that sounds a bit more interesting than the 'it breaks...
  7. Microsoft’s CEO Explains How the Company Sees the Future of Win Phone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s CEO Explains How the Company Sees the Future of Win Phone: Microsoft’s CEO Explains How the Company Sees the Future of Windows Phone Redmond just wants to create a new product category [img] Microsoft almost forgot to mention Windows Phone and Windows 10 Mobile during the Build 2016 developer conference last week, and...
Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10 solved