Windows 10: Microsoft explains why Windows 10 is pushing outdated drivers

Discus and support Microsoft explains why Windows 10 is pushing outdated drivers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is now pushing outdated drivers and it could cause issues if you have the habit of installing updates without paying attention to the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 15, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft explains why Windows 10 is pushing outdated drivers

Windows 10 is now pushing outdated drivers and it could cause issues if you have the habit of installing updates without paying attention to the driver version number and its release date.

As we reported last month, Windows 10 now allows users to download and install optional drivers directly from the Windows Update.

Previously, this feature was available via the Device Manager, but Microsoft recently removed the feature from Device Managed and added it to Windows Update under ‘Optional updates’ section.

Some users have been served drivers updates listed as “INTEL – System” and the release date is set to 1968. In fact, Windows Update also offers multiple drivers with the same name and release date but a different version number.

Microsoft explains why Windows 10 is pushing outdated drivers Windows-optional-drivers.jpg

We reached out to Microsoft for clarification on what’s going on, and the company provided us with additional details.

In a statement, Microsoft told us that the information about each driver in Windows Update is retrieved directly from the INF package created by the driver manufacturer. While most drivers reflect the creation date, there are some cases when the date is intentionally backdated by the manufacturer.

Microsoft noted that each driver represents the best optional update for a unique device (display, keyboard, mouse, etc) on the system.

Microsoft also told us that they understand the confusion users are experiencing and they’re “considering UI improvements to this page in future releases”.

These drivers, which are found under the Optional Updates settings panel, have been pushed to devices that are not registered with the Windows Insider Program.

It’s also worth noting that these drivers are “optional” and you should consider installing them only when you have a problem with a particular device driver.

For example, if you’re having issues after Intel DCH driver update, you can open the Settings app and apply the optional display driver update, which includes customization made by your OEM.

Also, optional drivers are generally outdated and include OEM customization as opposed to the driver provided by vendors, such as Intel, Nvidia and AMD.

You should always download and install drivers manually from the manufacturer’s websites if you want the most up-to-date versions.

The post Microsoft explains why Windows 10 is pushing outdated drivers appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 15, 2020

2. windows 10 mcpc drivers outdated

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you download latest drivers from Manufacturer's Website.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand respective driver. (The driver which was stated to be outdated.)
    • Right-click on the driver and
      select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's Website and download the latest driver.
    • Once the download is complete, run the setup file and install the software.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    • Restart the computer and check
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Microsoft explains why Windows 10 is pushing outdated drivers

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft explains why Windows 10 is pushing outdated drivers

1. Microsoft explains why Windows 10 is pushing outdated drivers - Similar Threads - Microsoft explains why

2. Outdated drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outdated drivers: My Norton software keeps telling me I have drivers out of date and want to charge me to update them! Can I do this for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outdated-drivers/586d67ca-5e0b-4416-ab97-b70a66724f38
  3. Outdated drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outdated drivers: My Norton software keeps telling me I have drivers out of date and want to charge me to update them! Can I do this for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outdated-drivers/586d67ca-5e0b-4416-ab97-b70a66724f38
  4. Outdated drivers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. outdated printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    outdated printer driver: I have the disc for Canon pixma i1600 printer, but cannot use under my new windows 10 operating system. Just need it only to print documents. What is the remedy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outdated-printer-driver/520ee687-576f-44fe-9808-a588aeb91e94
  6. outdated printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outdated printer driver: I have the disc for Canon pixma i1600 printer, but cannot use under my new windows 10 operating system. Just need it only to print documents. What is the remedy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outdated-printer-driver/520ee687-576f-44fe-9808-a588aeb91e94
  7. outdated drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    outdated drivers: I own a USB foot pedal by pedalpax corp, not available anymore for 15 years that I use for capturing images through an old pc for medical purposes. Recently, i upgraded my hardware to Windows 10 and the device is no longer recognizable due to outdated drivers. New ones are no...
  8. Outdated Drivers

Outdated Drivers: I continually get pop-ups that my Drivers are out of date. Can I purchase updated Drivers from you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outdated-drivers/99a207a9-4ebc-468b-b5d4-e70387817cf8
  9. Drivers outdated or not?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drivers outdated or not?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pawan_np [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewjlux/drivers_outdated_or_not/
  10. @Keeper - Why is Microsoft pushing this to our Windows 10 machines?

@Keeper - Why is Microsoft pushing this to our Windows 10 machines?: This suddenly showed up with my last update. I already have my own security measures in place and this is so frustrating to have to clean up behind Microsoft. If I want a program - I'll research and decide myself. I uninstalled, but if it showed up in one update, is it just...