Windows 10: Microsoft failings in reporting their program failures due to not reporting program activity

Discus and support Microsoft failings in reporting their program failures due to not reporting program activity in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Right from Windows 3.1, one of Microsofts most serious failings is not to display their program progress or the break points in their utilities as to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidPoole999, May 9, 2021.

1. Microsoft failings in reporting their program failures due to not reporting program activity

Right from Windows 3.1, one of Microsofts most serious failings is not to display their program progress or the break points in their utilities as to what their programs are are currently doing. Their philosophy would be that they are protecting the user from the technicalities of computing but I would argue that they are depriving the opportunity of users to provide detailed feedback as to where their program/ utility has got stuck/ going around in a loop when failures occur. Instead of a circle of dots going around seemingly forever, it would be better to

:)

DavidPoole999, May 9, 2021

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, May 9, 2021
  3. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, May 9, 2021
  4. Microsoft failings in reporting their program failures due to not reporting program activity

Child Activity Report

Hello Tareq,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your account or to your computer prior to this?
    • Which email address did you use when you've set up the Family Safety?

To make sure, I suggest that your follow these steps and see if it helps:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Find your child's name and select Activity.
    • If Activity reporting is turned Off, use the switch to turn it
      On.

Note: If you don't want to get weekly activity reports in your email, but still want to see your child's online activity, switch Email me weekly reports from On to Off.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft failings in reporting their program failures due to not reporting program activity

1. Microsoft failings in reporting their program failures due to not reporting program activity - Similar Threads - Microsoft failings reporting

2. Microsoft defender wrongly report my program as virus!!! Urgent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft defender wrongly report my program as virus!!! Urgent: Here is my program, but when I download and use, defender just remove it immediately and report it as virus.how come, it is just a proxy program developed using opensource code.here is the link of the program https://vps007.top/download/ladder.exealso here is the same fine i...
  3. Microsoft defender wrongly report my program as virus!!! Urgent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft defender wrongly report my program as virus!!! Urgent: Here is my program, but when I download and use, defender just remove it immediately and report it as virus.how come, it is just a proxy program developed using opensource code.here is the link of the program https://vps007.top/download/ladder.exealso here is the same fine i...
  4. Activity Reporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activity Reporting: The kid turned off activity reporting on the computer. How can it be turned back on remotely through family? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activity-reporting/e15a2e0d-d456-4024-bb82-cc1e561e98a8
  5. Activity Reporting

Activity Reporting: The kid turned off activity reporting on the computer. How can it be turned back on remotely through family? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activity-reporting/e15a2e0d-d456-4024-bb82-cc1e561e98a8
  6. Activity Reporting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activity Reporting: If my son turned off activity Reporting on his computer, would it notify me? I saw it was an option on his computer. submitted by /u/P4rriair [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bfdw/activity_reporting/
  7. Maintenance Reliability Report shows daily faulty program failures

Maintenance Reliability Report shows daily faulty program failures: Almost daily, I get these two applications to fail with faulting problems. I am attaching the print screens/detailed information for failing. Would someone please advise as how to correct these issues? I'd appreciate it. Thank you. Ed 1svchost.exe - Problem: Stopped...
  8. No Activity Reports

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Activity Reports: I have not been able to see activity since connecting my child's Windows 10 laptop a few days ago. I have followed all of the recommendations as describedhere, however I see absolutely no activity in my dashboard. I did have to verify my child's account as directed in the...
  9. microsoft family not reporting activity

microsoft family not reporting activity: just recently set up Microsoft family, and it is not reporting activity to the parent's device. I have looked all day at forums and tried everything they suggest, yet there has been none to work. I have done these on both computers in the family. the screen time and app...
  10. no reported activity on Microsoft Family

no reported activity on Microsoft Family: I cannot see any activity reporting when I log in Microsoft Family. I receive a message that ‘some settings on your child's device don't allow activity reporting’. It also ask me to ensure that the level for Diagnostic Data is set to Enhanced or Full. But, as I see, this...