Windows 10: Microsoft Family .... 2 months and its still broken

Discus and support Microsoft Family .... 2 months and its still broken in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So as the title says I reached out about 2 months ago about issues with accessing Microsoft Family. I've tried multiple browsers and multiple laptops... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jar92380, Sep 26, 2019.

1. jar92380 Win User

Microsoft Family .... 2 months and its still broken

So as the title says I reached out about 2 months ago about issues with accessing Microsoft Family. I've tried multiple browsers and multiple laptops and when i log into family.microsoft.com i receive the following error message

Give us a little while to fix this

Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try searching for something else.

:)

jar92380, Sep 26, 2019

2. Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 26, 2019
  3. phatrack Win User
    Microsoft Family Broken

My son was on the computer in the past seven days and yet Microsoft Family is telling me that he was not. Previously Microsoft Family was working. Nothing was changed on the computer. Microsoft Family just stopped working. This is not the first time this
    has happen. Your product is broken. It's better say nothing than say something false!

phatrack, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family .... 2 months and its still broken - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family months

2. Microsoft family is broken

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family is broken: Recently my son has had issues getting on to his desktop because windows says hes offline so he cant send requests. This is quite frustrating as he needs this computer to do his work. Is there anyway he can send a request from his phone or laptop?...
  3. Microsoft family is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family is broken: Recently my son has had issues getting on to his desktop because windows says hes offline so he cant send requests. This is quite frustrating as he needs this computer to do his work. Is there anyway he can send a request from his phone or laptop?...
  4. Microsoft family is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not in a family but microsoft family features is still enabled

Not in a family but microsoft family features is still enabled: So i got removed from the family group i was in but i still have family features enabled and it also says im in a family group on the microsoft family website, someone help me fix this please...
  6. Microsoft Updates Still Broken!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Updates Still Broken!: My Win10 Home has NOT taken any updates since Jan 2021. They're all broken and download a 1000 times daily but fail to install!! So, I've put all updates on pause until 5/2/2021. Yes, my system is plugged in & connected to the internet!! Yes, my Win10 license is legit,...
  7. DTS still not working after 2 months.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DTS still not working after 2 months.: Like it says. No support. No help. Nothing has ventured forward. I've given up. Don't even bother replying. The new update today didn't do anything. I'm just putting it put there so people can see how broken this thing really is....
  8. Microsoft Family Broken

Microsoft Family Broken: My son's laptop is locked. Says wont unlock for another 6 days... If you select request more time.... nothing If you select my parent is here.. it prompts for permission... then takes you to an error screen saying "since you Are an administrator you must send request......
  9. Microsoft Family Features are broken.

Microsoft Family Features are broken.: So today i got my dad to allows access into Google chrome. Later on, i tried access google chrome, but it said ask a parent. I think it is broken. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-features-are-broken/e511030d-b746-4bda-99fc-40f9bce57050"
  10. Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN: So, my computer shuts off. I send a request to my dad for more screen time. He says that he opened the email and changed my time, right? But then I turn the computer back on, and it says i have no more screen time. HELP I don't know what is wrong. Nothing is changing. And...