Windows 10: Microsoft Family Access Permission and Glow Learning Platform

Discus and support Microsoft Family Access Permission and Glow Learning Platform in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Children in Scotland are being taught through lockdown via the Glow learning Platform. However Microsoft Family Safety access requests via email... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FrazerMonks, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Microsoft Family Access Permission and Glow Learning Platform

Children in Scotland are being taught through lockdown via the Glow learning Platform. However Microsoft Family Safety access requests via email originating from Glow return 404 errors. This does not appear to be related to local security software settings since the problem still occurs even if firewall and antivirus is disabled.

My guess is that this is probably something to do with the access request bypassing the Glow platform security or something like that.

It is not clear how to resolve this or how to configure Microsoft Family Security to allow access to Glow resources or downloadable documents since the permissions seem to require very specific settings and this sort of platform potentially has a maze of redirects.

This problem is going to become more acute as websites are increasingly locked down and we are very reluctant to remove security for the children having recently been the victims of a hacker who gained access to our home network.

:)

FrazerMonks, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Tenforo Active Member

New Microsoft Family features across devices and platforms

Source: Microsoft gives parents peace of mind with new family features across devices - Windows Experience Blog

Tenforo, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    New Microsoft Family features across devices and platforms

Source: Microsoft gives parents peace of mind with new family features across devices - Windows Experience Blog

Tenforo, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Microsoft Family Access Permission and Glow Learning Platform

Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing the issue again.

Just to narrow down the issue, I suggest you to
    follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1

1. Login to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family/
      with the Microsoft Account and check if it says Adult/child account.
    2. After checking the credentials, see if it is part of a family then remove it from the family group and check the status of the issue.
    If the issue still persists, refer method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a new user profile in Windows 10 and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account
    in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family Access Permission and Glow Learning Platform

1. Microsoft Family Access Permission and Glow Learning Platform - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Access

2. Family Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Permissions: Was removed from the family safety thing And have restarted And still getting pop ups asking for permission, When I clicked ask my email they always say " Something went wrong " I don't know why I am still getting these popups if I'm no longer in a microsoft family safety...
  3. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I am not in a family but i am still geting the request for permissions window. I am 18+ and my account is registered as 18+. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-in-a-microsoft-family-but-still-need/b4ab9221-08b4-4eba-99da-c67e4ee0531e
  4. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I am not in a family but i am still geting the request for permissions window. I am 18+ and my account is registered as 18+. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-in-a-microsoft-family-but-still-need/b4ab9221-08b4-4eba-99da-c67e4ee0531e
  5. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I was never in a microsoft family but when I tried to purchase something it wouldn't let me get to the checkout page. I don't have the permission to buy things even though I was never in a microsoft family. I've already tried changing things up but that didn't work...
  6. Microsoft Family Website Permissions

Microsoft Family Website Permissions: After "Allowing" access to website, child is still unable to access and is repeatedly notified that they must request permission to visit the site. Despite repeated attempts, access is not provided despite being "Allowed". How can I provide my child access to the following...
  7. Microsoft Family Permissions

Microsoft Family Permissions: My Microsoft Family permissions seem to have become corrupted on one device. I am set up as the Adult and Administrator, but whenever I try to access certain apps such as Photos or Store I get asked to email an Adult and when I do that I get the error below. How can I reset...
  8. Microsoft Family Permissions

Microsoft Family Permissions: My 'Microsoft Family' has 2 adults including myself and several child accounts. For reasons I have never undertood, requests for "additional screen time" only come to me, and not to my wife. Even if she uses the "my parent is here" option, she cannot grant him more time....
  9. Microsoft Family & permission

Microsoft Family & permission: Hello, I have an Office 365 Family subscription which I share with my kids & partner and I struggle to set up permissions to limit who can see what. In details: 1/ Partner is not children's mother, so should not see the activity reports. Yet, the emails are send to both...
  10. Microsoft Family Child Permissions

Microsoft Family Child Permissions: I want to block Google Hangouts which has an address of hangouts.google.com But my child needs access to Google Docs which has an address of google.com/drive My question is can I block certain sites in google.com but allow others? Thanks! Larry...