Windows 10: Microsoft Family Account - Can't Log In

Discus and support Microsoft Family Account - Can't Log In in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to create Microsoft Family accounts for my kids. I have them created and I wrote down the passwords I used for them, etc. I can see them... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by StephenFaust, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Microsoft Family Account - Can't Log In

I am trying to create Microsoft Family accounts for my kids. I have them created and I wrote down the passwords I used for them, etc. I can see them online and set everything there. I also have them showing up on the laptop I'm trying to get them on. However, whenever I go to change to their accounts I can click on them and say 'login' but then it goes to the 'Microsoft Account' screen, loads for a bit, and then either says 'Something went Wrong' or 'You need to be connected to the internet for this'. But I most definitely AM connected to the internet; I am posting this question with the same machine and just tried it again with the same result.

So how do I get these accounts actually usable on the machine?

:)

StephenFaust, Dec 2, 2019

2. Setting up microsoft accounts for family safety - Windows 10

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but having tried everything you suggested - again. I had tried all these things initially and only raised the question when I ran out of things to try!

I still get the same problem. When attempting to following the steps below, the problem occurs at step 3 - when trying to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". This is where the unhelpful "Oops something went wrong" message occurs when entering the
    windows password "for the last time".

The child's Microsoft account does exist, and I can log in to it via a web browser, but I don't seem to be able to link it to the account he logs in to the PC with. The troubleshooter just detects the fact that he is not logged in with a Microsoft account
    (I ran this with both my account, which is fine, and then when logged in with the child's account)!

Check your child’s account on the PC that your child uses

• Have your child sign in to the PC.

• Open Settings, then select Accounts.

• Select Your account.

• If your child doesn’t currently sign in with a Microsoft account, select
        Sign in with a Microsoft account instead and enter their email address.

• If an email address is already associated with their account, make a note of it. You’ll use it to add their Microsoft account to your family at

account.microsoft.com/family

MikeBushnell, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Microsoft Family Account - Can't Log In

fingergprint log-in for family member

Hi Kristi

Through Windows Hello, you may have your family members register different accounts with their fingerprints.

Once you are signed as the family account administrator, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Family & other users.
    • Add people using the Your family, or Other users options. The only difference between the two is with family, you get an access to child controls, for monitoring and blocking content.

Once your child is logged into his or her own accounts, they can now set up their own
    Windows Hello log-in. Refer to the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Select Windows Hello.
    • Choose Fingerprint, then Set up.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family Account - Can't Log In

1. Microsoft Family Account - Can't Log In - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Account

2. Can't log into Microsoft Account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into Microsoft Account.: I am unable to log into my Microsoft account on my Samsung Lapop Running Windows 11 & bought new at Christmas. I am able to log into the account via the Chrome app and other Internet apps. When I try login the screen goes white and freezes. It does this every time I try...
  3. Can't log into Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Microsoft Account.: I am unable to log into my Microsoft account on my Samsung Lapop Running Windows 11 & bought new at Christmas. I am able to log into the account via the Chrome app and other Internet apps. When I try login the screen goes white and freezes. It does this every time I try...
  4. Can't log into Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Log Into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Log Into Microsoft Account: Everytime I try to log into my microsoft account, it would come up with "Can't Sign into your account, This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator. Error code: 0x800704ec...
  6. Can't Log Into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Log Into Microsoft Account: Everytime I try to log into my microsoft account, it would come up with "Can't Sign into your account, This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator. Error code: 0x800704ec...
  7. Can't log into Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't log into Microsoft account: I can't log into a Microsoft account of mine, and I have literally no information on it so I'm unable to try and start account recovery. It's linked to an old iCloud account which I also cannot access anymore... as you can see I'm bad at keeping tabs on accounts. I really...
  8. Can't log in into microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in into microsoft account: So recently i bought a pc,it already has a local account but i needed to activate windows. Then i clicked sign in with Microsoft account,the email and password went well and then they asked for the password one last time i entered it and it was incorrect although it is...
  9. Can't log on to my Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't log on to my Microsoft Account: Every time i try to log onto my account on my windows pc on any platform like microsoft store or xbox app i keep getting this error message saying Please try again later, and then this error message saying 0x801901f4...
  10. Can't log in to Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log in to Microsoft account: Upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. Everything works great accept that I cannot log in to my Microsoft account. I've tried creating a new user account and it won't do that either. Tried a clean install and still having the same issue. A grey box will appear then disappear and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i sign in to solitare