Windows 10: Microsoft family account for children, screening time used to work, now it's not working...

Discus and support Microsoft family account for children, screening time used to work, now it's not working... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have a family account and 3 children's accounts associated with mine. For a couple of months by now, everything worked just fine. Nowadays,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BogdanCitiriga, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Microsoft family account for children, screening time used to work, now it's not working...

Hi,

I have a family account and 3 children's accounts associated with mine.

For a couple of months by now, everything worked just fine.

Nowadays, pretty much, everything's changed, I can screen time for all accounts,

but for two of them, screening time is meaningless, even I have set screen time, my 2 other children can get access to the pc.

How's that possible?, it looks like screening time has lost somehow its function.

I have set all types of screening time, even with no time at all, still the same, access granted.

I have set one schedule for all devices, same thing, access granted whenever they want.

This thing is not helpful at all, I let them play on the pc, but they need to be reminded that time's up, screening time is important to me.

Please help me !

Kind regards,

Boggy

:)

BogdanCitiriga, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Screen Time is not working in Family Options (Windows 10)

Screen Time is not working in Family Options. I everything suggested in the Microsoft troubleshooter:

- Signed into my son's account.
    - Made sure Windows is updated.
    - Restarted the computer.
    - The "Blocked" option for his account doesn't work either, it still allows everything without any restrictions.
    - His account is a standard account.

Windows 10
    Asrock Z77 Pro3 Motherboart.

antonio3535, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Microsoft family account for children, screening time used to work, now it's not working...

Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft family account for children, screening time used to work, now it's not working...

1. Microsoft family account for children, screening time used to work, now it's not working... - Similar Threads - Microsoft family account

2. microsoft family accounts not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft family accounts not working: I have been struggling to get Microsoft Family working for nearly a year, Its just not safe for my son to use the computer without this working, after spending many many hours with microsoft help, and endless hours searching the web, I have got nowhere. However, I think...
  3. microsoft family accounts not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft family accounts not working: I have been struggling to get Microsoft Family working for nearly a year, Its just not safe for my son to use the computer without this working, after spending many many hours with microsoft help, and endless hours searching the web, I have got nowhere. However, I think...
  4. Screen Time Limits on Child Accounts Not Working for All Children: Appears Random

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen Time Limits on Child Accounts Not Working for All Children: Appears Random: I have a relatively large family. I have six children set up with their Microsoft account on three of our Windows 10 machines, and each child has screen time limits set with "Use one schedule on all devices" on. All children have logged in to at least two of the three...
  5. Familly time management for children does not work

Familly time management for children does not work: I'm very disapointed, why do you publish and offer products we cannot trust. I set the time for my son to 1 Hour then he was able to use 2 and a half hour. We just cannot trust your system! Regards Joshkoe...
  6. Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working?

Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working?: I added some 8 hours to my son's Microsoft family safety screen time. He is logged out but it still won't stop the countdown. Any ways to fix this?...
  7. Microsoft Family Time Limit not working

Microsoft Family Time Limit not working: Hi there, My 11 year old son's microsoft profile account is connected to our family account so I can control how much screen time he gets etc. I have limited him to be on his computer until 7.30pm in the evenings. However, tonight, when I went up to check on him at...
  8. ms family account screen time limits not working

ms family account screen time limits not working: Hi Despite trying all the suggestions I can find online to fix it screen time limits have not been working for months. The limit is set correctly but Windows appears to ignore it. Family activity reporting shows that the activity duration is greater than the limit set....
  9. family screen time not working

family screen time not working: hi, my windows 10 has family screen time on but my mom accidentally removed me from the family and im an administrator on my pc. when the family screen time pops up, when i press send a request it tells me something went wrong and when i press my parent is here, it tells me...
  10. Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working: Hi, I have activated Microsoft Family features in order to supervise screen times of my kids. There are three possible devices my kids can use: A desktop PC (Win10), a Laptop PC (Win10) and an Android smartphone with MS Launcher. Kid got its own Microsoft account and connects...