Windows 10: Microsoft Family Account Password issue

Discus and support Microsoft Family Account Password issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello. I recently setup an old laptop of mine for an 8 year old to use. I made him an account with the Microsoft Family thing connected to my personal... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ButterZ83, Jan 2, 2021.

1. ButterZ83 Win User

Microsoft Family Account Password issue

Hello. I recently setup an old laptop of mine for an 8 year old to use. I made him an account with the Microsoft Family thing connected to my personal account so I could manage screen time, content etc. The laptop is running latest version of Win10 Pro. It is asking with a constant pop up for his password details to be entered something i'm guessing he's clicked wrong somewhere. The issue is I can't remember what I set the password to be. I remember the PIN but not the password. I have tried doing the reset password steps and have recieved this email twice after attempting to reset the password.

We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account lo*****@outlook.com. Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner.

I have entered all the information to the best of my memory that I can and still cannot get the password to be changed or reminded what it is so I can stop this pesky reminder coming up on the Laptop as it is literally taking priority over whatever he is trying to do. generally play minecraft, etc

Is there another way that I can get this password issue worked out. Clumsy of me I know to forget what I made the password .. oops

Thanks

Clinton

:)

ButterZ83, Jan 2, 2021

2. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 2, 2021
  3. PXMC Win User
    Removing Microsoft Family Account

I cant get access to any of my kids in the Family Account feature. There is only the ability to 'add members' not remove.

A moderator in response to another suggested the following fix.

"We appreciate your response. To further troubleshoot your concern with Microsoft Family Protection, we suggest that you disable the Family Safety feature using Command Prompt. To do so, Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key+ X, then click on Command Prompt (Admin). If ymanually ou are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    2. In the Command Prompt window, enter these commands:
    schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyMonitor" /Disable

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh" /Disable

3. Restart your PC.

Unfortunately for me, this does not work.

I get an 'error access is denied', ERROR: Invalid syntax. '/Change' option is not allowed more than '1' time(s) and finally ERROR: The specified task name "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh" does not exist in the system.

How do i solve this problem?

Thanks, Paul

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

PXMC, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Microsoft Family Account Password issue

Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to change your child’s Microsoft Account password. In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

1. Login to
      www.login.live.com
      using your child’s Microsoft Account.
    2. Click on forgot password.
    3. Check the radio button and enter the Email account to send the code.
    4. In case you don’t have access to that verification email account then click on
      I don’t have any of these.
    5. Now follow the onscreen steps and check if you are able to reset the password.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family Account Password issue

1. Microsoft Family Account Password issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Account

2. Microsoft family issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family issues: My daughter got signed out of her Microsoft account on her Windows 10 device. Since its parental managed, she needed to sign back in to be able to use the family features like requesting for more time. When trying to sign in, it needed the parents consent and hence requesting...
  3. Microsoft family issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft family issues: My daughter got signed out of her Microsoft account on her Windows 10 device. Since its parental managed, she needed to sign back in to be able to use the family features like requesting for more time. When trying to sign in, it needed the parents consent and hence requesting...
  4. microsoft family issue

microsoft family issue: i cant add my brother to my family it says It's not you, it's usSomething went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-issue/4310a94b-0474-411d-a324-de5c4ac97386
  5. Microsoft Account and family sharing issues

Microsoft Account and family sharing issues: My son originally set-up an Xbox profile using his mothers email address. Subsequently, having grown he has a laptop and has also played xbox games on it. Following the setup of family sharing for him and his brother, we have ended up a complete mess. His younger brother...
  6. Microsoft family accounts

Microsoft family accounts: Im Interested in usuing microsoft family to track the content accessed by my kids to prevent inappropriate content. But what if one of my kids simply creates a new microsoft account and logs onto the xbox on that new account? This new account would not he part of my microsoft...
  7. Microsoft Family Child Account Password

Microsoft Family Child Account Password: My daughter has a child account, she has forgotten her password. There is nowhere to reset the password on the family account management screen. The password reset does not work as 'not enough information' - she's 8 what info would you expect. What is the point of the...
  8. Change Child Account Password using Adult account in Microsoft Family

Change Child Account Password using Adult account in Microsoft Family: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  9. Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password

Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  10. Family Account issue

Family Account issue: Hi. Have installed Adult and Child on my newly installed Windows 10 Home version. It is running with latest version (1903). When the Child requests to run an application in the excluded group (Chrome browser) the child initiates the message for the Adult to act on it. The...