Windows 10: Microsoft Family account still registered as a child despite being over statutory age

Discus and support Microsoft Family account still registered as a child despite being over statutory age in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My account is still registering as being a minor despite having the correct birthday and being well over the statutory age. I have contacted the family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Red Stripe 2127, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Microsoft Family account still registered as a child despite being over statutory age

My account is still registering as being a minor despite having the correct birthday and being well over the statutory age. I have contacted the family administrator and they are unable to remove me from the group, or revoke consent. I tells them that a different account added me or gave me consent, but there's literally only ever been me and this parent in the group. I added my other parent to the group to see if they could remove my account and it gives them the same message.

:)

Red Stripe 2127, Apr 20, 2023
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Apr 20, 2023
  3. Child account

Hello Dschaarenan,

I am Jaspreet Singh an independent advisor.

Please check your child’s birthdate in her profile page. If it is above statutory age she will get the option to opt out of family clicking on which will remove her from the family.

You can check the statutory age for different regions here : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Jaspreet Singh_050, Apr 20, 2023
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Microsoft Family account still registered as a child despite being over statutory age

Microsoft Family - Changing account from child to adult

Hi Paulo,

To edit your child account(s), we need to
    change
    the
    birthdate
    of that account or
    create/add another adult
    in your family
    account. To change the birthdate,
    you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

To add another adult to your family account, kindly refer to
    Add a child account your family
    under
    To add another adult your family.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 20, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft Family account still registered as a child despite being over statutory age

1. Microsoft Family account still registered as a child despite being over statutory age - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family account

2. Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.: Our Daughter's Family account has been removed from our Family account without our consent, and added to another Family account that is clearly a malicious account. It's even named "waetrytuhjk" Why try to hijackWe have tried numerous calls and emails to Microsoft support,...
  3. Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.: Our Daughter's Family account has been removed from our Family account without our consent, and added to another Family account that is clearly a malicious account. It's even named "waetrytuhjk" Why try to hijackWe have tried numerous calls and emails to Microsoft support,...
  4. Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?: I have been trying to update the age of a child account in my family however there is no option to do so. According to another previous help article there should be an option on this page to update the childs details.These are all the options which are avalible to me however...
  5. Microsoft Family account still registered as a child despite being over statutory age

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family account still registered as a child despite being over statutory age: My account is still registering as being a minor despite having the correct birthday and being well over the statutory age. I have contacted the family administrator and they are unable to remove me from the group, or revoke consent. I tells them that a different account...
  6. Microsoft Family account still registered as a child despite being over statutory age

Microsoft Family account still registered as a child despite being over statutory age: My account is still registering as being a minor despite having the correct birthday and being well over the statutory age. I have contacted the family administrator and they are unable to remove me from the group, or revoke consent. I tells them that a different account...
  7. Child account will not register

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account will not register: Hi,I have created my daughter a Microsoft account for her new laptop.Microsoft have confirmed that I have approved it but when I try to log her in it says there is a problem at Microsoft's end and returns me to the log in screen.Please help...
  8. Child account will not register

Child account will not register: Hi,I have created my daughter a Microsoft account for her new laptop.Microsoft have confirmed that I have approved it but when I try to log her in it says there is a problem at Microsoft's end and returns me to the log in screen.Please help...
  9. Child account will not register

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Family settings despite not being part of a Microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family settings despite not being part of a Microsoft family: Recently I have been unable to use any search engines besides Edge. When I try I receive a family features pop up stating "You'll need to ask to use this app" and "You can't use Firefox because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask" I am not a part of any...