Windows 10: Microsoft Family Account - Weekly Activity Report Contradiction

Discus and support Microsoft Family Account - Weekly Activity Report Contradiction in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In the weekly activity report for my son, his web browsing report shows a variety of sites visited every day of the past week. They are all legitimate... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Reading 7, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Reading 7 Win User

Microsoft Family Account - Weekly Activity Report Contradiction

In the weekly activity report for my son, his web browsing report shows a variety of sites visited every day of the past week. They are all legitimate sites, so I have no concerns about his web browsing. However the screen time report states that he was only using his device on Thursday and Sunday, with no time shown against any of the other days of the week. So web browsing reports access occurred every day of the week. Screen time reports access occurred on only two days in the same week. His Microsoft login is only used for the one device, so why the contradiction?

:)

Reading 7, Apr 3, 2019

2. The "Microsoft Family" weekly activity report is being sent to me and to my daughter

Hello Donna,

You can configure the Family feature settings to turn off the weekly reports by going to the main family page online. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Family & other users.
    • Click the Manage family settings online link.
    • Go to the Recent activity.
    • Slide the toggle button to turn off the Activity Reporting.
    • Or uncheck the box beside Email weekly reports to me.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Kristine Arp, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Weekly activity reports

Hi Niklas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Go to their Recent activity page in the family area of the Microsoft account website. Here's how:

• Sign in to
      family on the Microsoft account website

• Select the child whose report you want to see, which will show you their Recent activity page.

• If Activity reporting is turned Off, use the switch to turn it
      On.

If you don't want to get weekly activity reports in your email, uncheck the box beside
      Email weekly reports to me.
    For reference:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/monitor-child-device-activity

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Microsoft Family Account - Weekly Activity Report Contradiction

Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family Account - Weekly Activity Report Contradiction

1. Microsoft Family Account - Weekly Activity Report Contradiction - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Account

2. Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report: Hello, I am having issues with Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report. One computer is not reporting any screen/app usage at all. Others using the same account do, but I am unable to get this one to work. I have tried many fixes from Microsoft and other sources...
  3. microsoft family not reporting activity

microsoft family not reporting activity: just recently set up Microsoft family, and it is not reporting activity to the parent's device. I have looked all day at forums and tried everything they suggest, yet there has been none to work. I have done these on both computers in the family. the screen time and app...
  4. Microsoft Family Weekly Activity Report Problem

Microsoft Family Weekly Activity Report Problem: I have been monitoring my son's online activity for a couple years now. Several months ago, I noticed in my weekly email report that it was always showing no activity on Saturday for him. Every single week it shows zero activity even though I see him playing and get email...
  5. Bug: "Microsoft Family" member activity was not reported for weeks on end

Bug: "Microsoft Family" member activity was not reported for weeks on end: One of my children (child A) had been using another child's account (child B) to circumvent time limits. I had suspected this, but felt reassured because the "Child B" account information in Microsoft Family was constantly blank. It turns out Microsoft Family misreported...
  6. Microsoft Family - Turn off CC to child's email for Weekly Activity Report

Microsoft Family - Turn off CC to child's email for Weekly Activity Report: I don't want to disable my child's email, but I do want to stop them being cc'd with the activity reports. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-turn-off-cc-to-childs-email-for/94d1cb5c-adf2-4068-9e30-6917bb95d6cf"
  7. Microsoft Family: activity contradiction

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Family: activity contradiction: I recently checked a weekly activity for my son and was surprised to see that his browsing report shows different sites visited every day of the past week. But the screen time report shows that he was using his computer on Monday and Wednesday and doesn’t show time on the...
  8. Change language of Activity Report in Microsoft Family Account

Change language of Activity Report in Microsoft Family Account: I've setup an Activity Report for my son in Microsoft Family account. The problem is that I receive the report in German, even if my account setting is in Italian. How can I change the language to Italian? Thanks Edika...
  9. Microsoft Family - Turn off CC to child's email for Weekly Activity Report

Microsoft Family - Turn off CC to child's email for Weekly Activity Report: My child is CC'd on the Weekly Activity Report emails. How can I disable this? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-turn-off-cc-to-childs-email-for/d9c26378-e90e-43e4-82e5-95aa27296e2e"
  10. no reported activity on Microsoft Family

no reported activity on Microsoft Family: I cannot see any activity reporting when I log in Microsoft Family. I receive a message that ‘some settings on your child's device don't allow activity reporting’. It also ask me to ensure that the level for Diagnostic Data is set to Enhanced or Full. But, as I see, this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Family - Weekly Activity Report in different language