Windows 10: Microsoft Family: activity contradiction

Discus and support Microsoft Family: activity contradiction in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently checked a weekly activity for my son and was surprised to see that his browsing report shows different sites visited every day of the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael Victorino, May 3, 2019.

1. Microsoft Family: activity contradiction

I recently checked a weekly activity for my son and was surprised to see that his browsing report shows different sites visited every day of the past week. But the screen time report shows that he was using his computer on Monday and Wednesday and doesn’t show time on the other days of the week

:)

Michael Victorino, May 3, 2019

2. Microsoft Family Account - Weekly Activity Report Contradiction

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Were you able to track the screen time for the whole week, prior to this issue occurred?

I understand your concern, let us try few troubleshooting methods to resolve this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Make sure the 'Diagnostic & feedback' to 'Full' on the child's device.

To do that,

1. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    2. Click on the 'Privacy' option.
    3. Now click on the 'Diagnostics & feedback' option under 'Windows permissions'.
    4. Now select the 'Full' option under 'Diagnostic data'.
    Refer the article on See your child's device use with
    activity reports
    more information.

Method 2: If the issue persists, remove and re-add the child account to the family account.

To remove the child account, refer the article on Remove
    members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account.

To add the child account back into the family, I suggest you to refer the article on

Add members to your family group
    and follow the steps mentioned in the article.

Reply with the status of the issue in-order to assist you further.

We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 3, 2019
  3. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, May 3, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Family: activity contradiction

Changes in Microsoft family

Source: Microsoft account | Whats new for Microsoft family

Brink, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family: activity contradiction

1. Microsoft Family: activity contradiction - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family activity

2. Game Ownership Contradictions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game Ownership Contradictions: Hello,A short while agomaybe a few months I migrated to a new drive on my computer. The old HDD that I used is now a backup and extra storage for steam games and such. The problem came to be when I tried to reinstall Fallout 76 on my new drive. it says that I do not own the...
  3. Game Ownership Contradictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Ownership Contradictions: Hello,A short while agomaybe a few months I migrated to a new drive on my computer. The old HDD that I used is now a backup and extra storage for steam games and such. The problem came to be when I tried to reinstall Fallout 76 on my new drive. it says that I do not own the...
  4. Microsoft Family - activity by hours

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family - activity by hours: Hello, Recently I've configured Microsoft Family on two of my client kids computers. My client wants to see an hour by hour activity on children's accounts. For example, children are at an online school from 8am to 3pm. Client wants to know if they were for ex. playing at...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report

Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report: Hello, I am having issues with Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report. One computer is not reporting any screen/app usage at all. Others using the same account do, but I am unable to get this one to work. I have tried many fixes from Microsoft and other sources...
  6. Windows help contradiction?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows help contradiction?: In the "Reinstall Windows 10" article on support.microsoft.com, under the sub-heading "Use the installation media to perform a clean install" step 5 states that if multiple drives are found, it is only necessary to delete the partitions from the disk on which you want to...
  7. microsoft family not reporting activity

microsoft family not reporting activity: just recently set up Microsoft family, and it is not reporting activity to the parent's device. I have looked all day at forums and tried everything they suggest, yet there has been none to work. I have done these on both computers in the family. the screen time and app...
  8. Contradicting disk size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Contradicting disk size: I open explorer/properties I see one size, and when I use Disk management I see another size. Why? I have run into a similar problem in the past with a drive in an external enclosure. Starting to wonder if Windows 10 is having problems with USB 2.0 enclosures? BTW Please...
  9. Microsoft Family Account - Weekly Activity Report Contradiction

Microsoft Family Account - Weekly Activity Report Contradiction: In the weekly activity report for my son, his web browsing report shows a variety of sites visited every day of the past week. They are all legitimate sites, so I have no concerns about his web browsing. However the screen time report states that he was only using his...
  10. no reported activity on Microsoft Family

no reported activity on Microsoft Family: I cannot see any activity reporting when I log in Microsoft Family. I receive a message that ‘some settings on your child's device don't allow activity reporting’. It also ask me to ensure that the level for Diagnostic Data is set to Enhanced or Full. But, as I see, this...