Windows 10: Microsoft Family Allowed websites can't allow https

Discus and support Microsoft Family Allowed websites can't allow https in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a child account set to only allow the listed websites I enter HTTPS://mail.yahoo.com/ and add the site however when I refresh... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BDP123NU, Sep 21, 2020.

1. BDP123NU Win User

Microsoft Family Allowed websites can't allow https

I have a child account set to only allow the listed websites
    I enter HTTPS://mail.yahoo.com/ and add the site

however when I refresh HTTP://mail.yahoo.com is allowed, not the secure HTTPS which is what is used.

The same occurs with every https site I have tried and does not matter if I enter the website from the admin or my child requests me to add it. Does this happen to anyone else? What am I doing wrong?

:)

BDP123NU, Sep 21, 2020
  2. JBilly93 Win User

Export list of "allowed websites" to another child in microsoft family account

I have a rather large list of allowed websites on my son's account. Is there a way to export that list so it can be used with another family member so that I don't have to manually reenter each website under the different child's account in Microsoft
    Family?

JBilly93, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Query about allowing or blocking specific websites in family safety

Hello Chin,

We realize your requirement in this regard.

Yes, once you unblock a website, your child will be able to access that particular website without any restrictions. You need to block it back, if your child don't want to access it.

There's a lot of great things to learn about on the Internet, but also lots of things you don't want your kids to stumble on. Turn on web browsing limits if you want to block sites that provide adult content, or to allow or block individual websites or webpages
    by using their web addresses or URLs. For young children, you can set up web browsing limits so they can only visit a small number of sites that you specifically allowed.

To set up web browsing limits

• Sign in to
      family on the Microsoft account website

• Select the child you want to turn on web browsing limits for.

• Select Web browsing, and switch Block inappropriate websites from
      Off to On.

Now, adult content is blocked and SafeSearch is on when your child uses the most common search engines.

• If you want your child to only see websites you've explicitly allowed, check the box next to
      Only see websites on the allowed list.

To allow or block specific websites

• Sign in to
      family on the Microsoft account website

• Select the child you want to turn on web browsing limits for.

• Select Web browsing.

• To add a site to their allow list, go to Always allow these and enter the
      URL of a website you want to allow.

• To add a site to their block list, go to Always block these and enter the
      URL of a website you want to block.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Microsoft Family Allowed websites can't allow https

'Only see websites on the allowed list' check box missing on family safety website for windows 10

It appears that Microsoft remove the ability to have a while list on windows 10. I want to block all website and only allow the websites on the allowed list. The check box on the family safety website only shows on accounts with devices that are windows
    8.1. I really hope their working on this. Does anyone know if Microsoft has acknowledged this and are going to support this in the future on windows 10?

MichaelGraziano, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family Allowed websites can't allow https

1. Microsoft Family Allowed websites can't allow https - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Allowed

2. Microsoft Family not allowing me to request websites Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family not allowing me to request websites Windows 11: My mother has decided to place me into a family due to the fact she thinks I have the faculties of a seven-year-old child. Yet now when I ask for the most basic capabilities to sign into Google. The application simply redirects me back to the Ask Now page. Basically, when I...
  3. Microsoft Family not allowing me to request websites Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family not allowing me to request websites Windows 11: My mother has decided to place me into a family due to the fact she thinks I have the faculties of a seven-year-old child. Yet now when I ask for the most basic capabilities to sign into Google. The application simply redirects me back to the Ask Now page. Basically, when I...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Windows 10 not allowing access to certain websites even it is...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety Windows 10 not allowing access to certain websites even it is...: Hi there,I have been using Microsoft Family Safety feature to have some control on the websites my children access on the internet and it is strange that even I have allowed certain website for example: microsoft teams my child is still not able to access microsoft teams to...
  5. Family Safety - Allowed Websites, wildcards in URLs

Family Safety - Allowed Websites, wildcards in URLs: I have blocked google search in my kids profile. With online schooling there are lot of URLs that teachers are sharing which starts with google.com, but actually redirect to separate site. The Url changes by class, but follows same pattern e.g....
  6. Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety

Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety: Hello Everyone, Please, how do I allow an app purchase from Store on Desktop for my daughter she needs my permission for, when all it does in MS Family Safety after clicking "allow" is that the page gets refreshed with the same two options allow/deny? She wants to install...
  7. Issue with Family Safety allowed website URL address

Issue with Family Safety allowed website URL address: Something seems to be suddenly broken with the way family safety makes the url link for always allowed website that parent adds manually or through automatic approval when child sends "ask for permission" request. When the request is approved and I see the new website is...
  8. New edge broswer allowed all websites regardless of microsoft family restrictions

New edge broswer allowed all websites regardless of microsoft family restrictions: I found the new edge browser became an app like an third party browser and the activities in the new edge browser is not tracked by the Microsoft family. Kids can access all websites without any restrictions. The old edge browser still works well....
  9. Microsoft Family Not Blocking Entire Website If Specific Links Allowed

Microsoft Family Not Blocking Entire Website If Specific Links Allowed: I have a problem now which seemed to work before. I have blocked YouTube.com from my child’s account and disabled all other browsers except Microsoft Edge. Due to his school assignments, from time to time he needs to be able to watch specific educational videos. What...
  10. Microsoft Family - allowing wildcard access to websites

Microsoft Family - allowing wildcard access to websites: Hi I am finding Microsoft Family useful but I feel there is one significant improvement that could be made to the mechanism whereby access to specific websites is granted. If my child wishes to access different subdomains on the same website, I have to add each one...