Windows 10: Microsoft Family: Android screen time well reported but impossible to set screen time limits

Discus and support Microsoft Family: Android screen time well reported but impossible to set screen time limits in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My kids have an android tablet + microsoft launcher with all required permissions settings all "green" In Microsoft family, "Activity" tab, for each... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jeepay, Mar 5, 2020.

1. jeepay Win User

Microsoft Family: Android screen time well reported but impossible to set screen time limits

My kids have an android tablet + microsoft launcher with all required permissions settings all "green"

In Microsoft family, "Activity" tab, for each kid, I can see the screen time from the android tablet and from the Windows laptop

In Microsoft family, "Screen time" tab, for each kid, I can set Device limits for the Windows laptop but the android tablet doesn't appear

Why the android tablet doesn't appear in the "screen time" tab although well reported in the "Activity" tab?

How can I set screen time limits for the android tablets?

Microsoft Family: Android screen time well reported but impossible to set screen time limits e25a2766-6a41-4711-b65a-a41df252a0de?upload=true.png

Microsoft Family: Android screen time well reported but impossible to set screen time limits e8a276fa-5ebc-4dce-8214-f5ba268329fd?upload=true.png

:)

jeepay, Mar 5, 2020

2. Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Time limits is not working, Microsoft Screen Time limits.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how upsetting it could be when you face difficulties gaming experience. However, we would suggest you refer

Fix screen time limits not working
    and try performing the troubleshooting steps in the article and check if it resolves the issue.

You can also try verifying the account by going to Settings >
    Accounts and click on Verify account.

You may also want to refer
    Learn more about family features and settings
    for more details.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Mik834 Win User

Microsoft Family: Android screen time well reported but impossible to set screen time limits

ms family account screen time limits not working

Hi

Despite trying all the suggestions I can find online to fix it screen time limits have not been working for months. The limit is set correctly but Windows appears to ignore it. Family activity reporting shows that the activity duration
    is greater than the limit set.

Thanks

Mik

Mik834, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family: Android screen time well reported but impossible to set screen time limits - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Android

2. screen times/ family settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    screen times/ family settings: I have set screen times for my daughter of ten, and blocked certain wsebsites. The settings synchronoize with her linked device. My daughter is a standard user, she doesn't know how to access her Microsoft account, but she logs in with her Microsoft account. Often, when...
  3. screen times/ family settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen times/ family settings: I have set screen times for my daughter of ten, and blocked certain wsebsites. The settings synchronoize with her linked device. My daughter is a standard user, she doesn't know how to access her Microsoft account, but she logs in with her Microsoft account. Often, when...
  4. screen times/ family settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting

Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting: In Microsoft Family Safety, I can see my child's activity for today, and I can look at their activity over the last 7 days, but I can't see their activity on specific days in the past. Furthermore, even when I look at today's activity, I only see total hours and not details...
  6. Setting screen time limits

Setting screen time limits: Hello, Two questions : Can i use any device using my credentials, to set screen time limits on a separate child's device or should i only do so on the actual device itself? I want to set a daily 3.5 hour time limit on the child's device. Do i have to specify exactly...
  7. Microsoft Family Android Screen Time

Microsoft Family Android Screen Time: I am using Microsoft Launcher on Android and Microsoft Family to control screen time. It appears that it is only possible to limit Android usage on an app-by-app basis and that these app limits are across platforms. There is no way to set a limit for the overall Android...
  8. Bypassing family screen time limits

Bypassing family screen time limits: I have my son set up within microsoft family with a chikd account with screen time limits set. However, he just creates other accounts and when his main one switches off he knows he can switch to the other and carry on undetected. How can i stop him creating other accounts?...
  9. Family Safety Screen Time Limits: Setting Custom Extension Times

Family Safety Screen Time Limits: Setting Custom Extension Times: Our family uses Family Safety to limit screen time. We block access at all times so that we have to authorize screen time any time my son wants to use the PC. When we give him permission to watch we have options like 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc.. When he runs...
  10. screen time limits in microsoft family

screen time limits in microsoft family: i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the child's account a dozen times, sending the email invite to join the family and otherwise following the instructions....