Windows 10: Microsoft Family app

Discus and support Microsoft Family app in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there an app for Apple product that allows you to manage MS family options such as giving additional screen time, etc?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Galexygirl12, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Microsoft Family app

Is there an app for Apple product that allows you to manage MS family options such as giving additional screen time, etc?

:)

Galexygirl12, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Microsoft family features icon on taskbar

Hi,

Microsoft Family Safety is a free parental monitoring app to help make it easier to keep your kids safe online. With Family Safety, you can give them some independence but still keep tabs on their computer activities. Family Safety allows you to:

• See which websites your kids have visited, and which apps and games they’ve used
    • Block or allow websites, apps, games, or other content.
    • Limit the amount of time they can spend on the PC

Since you never set up Microsoft family features on your computer, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

link
    to turn off the family settings in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Microsoft Family app

Microsoft Family Cannot Be Removed

Just to clarify, have you already tried the steps provided below?

• Go to your parent Microsoft Account.
    • Click on Family.
    • Under child's account, select "Allow Google app".
    Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family app

1. Microsoft Family app - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family app

2. Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family: I bought a new, cheap laptop about a week ago which was working fine. This was the first computer I've signed in with my Microsoft account (did it on a phone once or twice). Then I got home to find Chrome not working; it gave me the "you'll need a new app to open this...". So...
  3. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: I am using Microsoft Family to control my children's accounts. One one of the children's accounts I am trying to change the default search form Bing to Google. I seem to be able to make the change in Edge and it says Google is the default search. But still when a new Tab is...
  4. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: Alguien me puede orientar sobre lo que es la configuracion de Microsoft Familia. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family/c7bb275b-f5e9-4f13-b653-463c62282e8c"
  5. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: Every time I try to link my child's account our parent account, I get this message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while....
  6. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: I removed myself from a family account MONTHS ago yet I my computer still has restricions on it and I cannot use my computer after 9 pm and can only start once again at 7 am. I'm at a point where I'm thinking of just getting a brand new laptop. and yes I have done...
  7. microsoft family

microsoft family: I am trying to open google chrome but get the following message: Ask for permission You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome Ask by email Trace ID: ubsAMd+XLkiXp74w.3.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US, S=California, L=Mountain View, O=Google Inc,...
  8. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: I am in my Microsoft family as a child, and the Family's parent is my father, who left us (didn't die, just divorce) a while ago, but I am still under his family. I have emailed him asking him to remove me, but the few times he responds, he says he 'doesn't know how to access...
  9. Microsoft Family Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features: When I try to open Google Chrome I get the following window. Not sure why I am getting this, I am to my knowledge the only user of the account and I am administrator. When I searched IE for answers I found that if I go to Control Panel, System and Security>Allow an app...
  10. Changes in Microsoft family

in Windows 10 News
    Changes in Microsoft family: Changes in Microsoft family There’s a lot happening over the next few months. We’ll update this page regularly to give you the latest on Microsoft family. Updates Recent activity you can act on On the redesigned recent activity page, you can see how your kids are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family app iphone

2. microsoft family app

3. microsoft family account cannot give permission app