Windows 10: Microsoft Family Block Internet Searches in Search Bar Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Family Block Internet Searches in Search Bar Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I spent a lot of time configuring the certain sites I wanted my son to visit. Then I caught him searching almost any site on the web with the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by withnoe, May 10, 2020.

1. withnoe Win User

Microsoft Family Block Internet Searches in Search Bar Windows 10

Hi,

I spent a lot of time configuring the certain sites I wanted my son to visit. Then I caught him searching almost any site on the web with the search bar in Windows 10. I don't see anywhere within Microsoft Family to block or restrict that content. How can I do this?

:)

withnoe, May 10, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 10, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Outlines New Search Business Model: Live Search Cashback

Microsoft Corp. today announced it will offer ad-funded cash rebates to customers who find and purchase their favorite products through a new program called Microsoft Live Search cashback. Key partners including eBay, Barnes & Noble.com, Overstock.com, Sears, Zappos.com, and WPP joined Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates at advance08, Microsoft’s annual advertising customer event, to announce their participation in the new program.

The complete Live Search cashback product portfolio includes more than 10 million product offers from more than 700 merchants, including more than 13 of the top 40 U.S. retailers. The company also announced it has delivered a new Live Search travel destination, Live Search Farecast, making it easy for searchers to find the best travel deals on the Web.

“We believe search can offer much more value to consumers and advertisers than it does today, and we see Live Search cashback as an important opportunity to deliver additional value,” Gates said. “Our goal is to make Live Search the most rewarding commercial search destination on the Web. Live Search cashback will help advertisers drive more online sales while giving consumers a new way to stretch their dollars.”

During his keynote address, Gates outlined three areas of focus for the company’s broad search vision:
    • Delivering the best search results by continuing to focus on relevancy and selection
    • Expanding the role of search around the set of tasks that searchers are most often working to accomplish — including commerce, entertainment, navigation and reference — through improvements in its user experience, intelligent tools and access across devices
    • Innovating in the economic model that today powers the search business by rewarding both advertisers and consumers for engagement
    Today’s announcements of Live Search cashback and Live Search Farecast signify that commerce queries will be the first of the four tasks on which the company will focus. As part of this “Commercial Search” strategy, Microsoft aims to make Live Search the premier search engine for the growing category of search queries that help consumers conduct research and purchase goods or services, and which are critical to merchants aiming to drive online sales of their products.

Source: Microsoft

malware, May 10, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Block Internet Searches in Search Bar Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Block

2. Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches: Hi,I have Microsoft Family for my 15 year old daughter. It's started blocking everything she searches. Over time it's gotten more and more restrictive, and now she can't search anything.If she searches "dog" or "weather" or "pink dress" or "Helen Keller" in Bing, it blocks...
  3. Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches: Hi,I have Microsoft Family for my 15 year old daughter. It's started blocking everything she searches. Over time it's gotten more and more restrictive, and now she can't search anything.If she searches "dog" or "weather" or "pink dress" or "Helen Keller" in Bing, it blocks...
  4. Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?: I only use my search bar to locate local files and never want it to search online unless I’m using my web browser. Every solution I see online is either very outdated or involved messing with the registry. submitted by /u/loki0203 [link] [comments]...
  6. search bar windows 10 not searching

in Cortana
    search bar windows 10 not searching: Windows 10 did an update and now the the search bar at the bottom of the screen does this: a if I try to type in it, the window closes b the search box opens and is just black box with no information and the closes before I can type any information...
  7. Microsoft Family Block Internet Searches and YouTube Videos in Search Bar Windows 10 Bug

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Block Internet Searches and YouTube Videos in Search Bar Windows 10 Bug: Hi, I spent a lot of time configuring the certain sites I wanted my son to visit. Then I caught him searching almost any site on the web with the search bar in Windows 10. I don't see anywhere within Microsoft Family to block or restrict that content. How can I do this?...
  8. Search bar doesn't search internet

in Cortana
    Search bar doesn't search internet: The Search bar/button next to the Start menu button no longer searches the internet, only local files and settings. Until recently I used to be able to type in something to search for and it would search my local computer AND the the internet. Did something change that...
  9. search block

in Cortana
    search block: my search block on taskbar is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-block/722716e1-17b3-4489-ae1c-68efb89a9c3d
  10. Internet search not working from the search task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet search not working from the search task bar: Hi, internet search is not working when I ask a question in the task bar from windows. It was working before but not cannot search anything. Could you tell me how can I fix this please? (Please open my attachment.)[ATTACH]...