Windows 10: Microsoft Family blocking the PC for the child. Any way to unblock it online?

Discus and support Microsoft Family blocking the PC for the child. Any way to unblock it online? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; It's 9 am, my son just woke up, I'm at work and his child account says he already used all this screen time today. How can I unblock this? I just... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by A-388, Aug 15, 2019.

1. A-388 Win User

Microsoft Family blocking the PC for the child. Any way to unblock it online?

It's 9 am, my son just woke up, I'm at work and his child account says he already used all this screen time today. How can I unblock this?

I just installed Microsoft family this weekend and it's been painful since many things require the parent right there with the kids. He couldn't access his drive account for his online class and now this. Is this common? Would I be better just disabling it? I liked that I could control his computer use and screen time, but this is way more limited than I wanted and it's working against us.

Thanks in advance.

:)

A-388, Aug 15, 2019

2. Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Microsoft Family not blocking Apps

Hi,

Microsoft family features are designed to help you keep tabs on your kids' computer and online activities. If your child uses a PC or Xbox, you may already have set up a family in order to use parental controls. To isolate the issue, please answer the following
    questions:

• Is the app blocked under the child account when you set up My Family?
    • Can you send us a screenshot showing your Family settings?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Microsoft Family blocking the PC for the child. Any way to unblock it online?

Block chrome and extensions on family safety

Hi Palango,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

You can try to block those extensions and chrome.

Manage family settings:

Refer the steps below.

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family. If your kids also use Family Safety on older versions of Windows, or My Family on older Windows phones, you’ll see them listed per device.

• Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:

• Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.

• Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.

• Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.

• Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us we will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family blocking the PC for the child. Any way to unblock it online?

1. Microsoft Family blocking the PC for the child. Any way to unblock it online? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family blocking

2. Is there a way to allow my child to install programs with Microsoft Family controls?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a way to allow my child to install programs with Microsoft Family controls?: My 12 year old son saved his money to buy a gaming computer, which is great, but we still want to use Microsoft Family to control screen time and content. Unfortunately this requires that his Windows Account be a Standard User, which means he can't install software, make...
  3. Microsoft safe family - unblock the account on my child's laptop

Microsoft safe family - unblock the account on my child's laptop: HiI've removed my child's acccount from the Family group. The problem is that when we login the child's laptop, we still get MS family control blocking eg...I added the account back to the family group, and it's still blocked. Any suggestions?Regards...
  4. Are there any ways to workaround Microsoft blocking installing Chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any ways to workaround Microsoft blocking installing Chrome?: It shows the installer failed to uncompress archive on the six computers I'm trying to install it on. The link to "download Chrome manually" is also blocked. I'm getting desperate since I need to get these six laptops to employees on Monday morning. submitted by...
  5. Microsoft Family Unblocking App

Microsoft Family Unblocking App: I blocked an app named "WebNavigatorBrowser" on the Microsoft Family app thinking it was something installed by my son. I didn't realize it was a needed windows component. The computer cannot connect to the internet with the application blocked. I can't seem to unblock it...
  6. How do I block YouTube from my child in Microsoft Family?

How do I block YouTube from my child in Microsoft Family?: There is no option under Apps, Content Restrictions, or anywhere that I see. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-youtube-from-my-child-in-microsoft/57f2caf2-1fbe-4ff0-8a5c-f95d434790ac
  7. adding a childs phone to microsoft family

adding a childs phone to microsoft family: How do I add my child's andriod phone to devices on Microsoft family? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-childs-phone-to-microsoft-family/3ddd65da-48ce-4c95-bca6-b35779cc0fec
  8. Blocking adult family account by child?

Blocking adult family account by child?: How come a child's family Microsoft account can block access to pc of its adult's account in windows 10? That's pretty unfair! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-adult-family-account-by-child/bb8a4ef4-68b2-434d-a760-ec458fb74c2b
  9. Child removed from family he still blocked

Child removed from family he still blocked: Hi, I added a child on my family group then I removed but he still cannot access to apps that were monitored. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-removed-from-family-he-still-blocked/439213ee-3d91-44c5-8666-049e6ae8c979"
  10. Microsoft Family Child Permissions

Microsoft Family Child Permissions: I want to block Google Hangouts which has an address of hangouts.google.com But my child needs access to Google Docs which has an address of google.com/drive My question is can I block certain sites in google.com but allow others? Thanks! Larry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unblock family safety pc

2. family blocking pc