Windows 10: Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches

Discus and support Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi,I have Microsoft Family for my 15 year old daughter. It's started blocking everything she searches. Over time it's gotten more and more restrictive,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by VA 6, Nov 22, 2021.

1. VA 6 Win User

Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches

Hi,I have Microsoft Family for my 15 year old daughter. It's started blocking everything she searches. Over time it's gotten more and more restrictive, and now she can't search anything.If she searches "dog" or "weather" or "pink dress" or "Helen Keller" in Bing, it blocks all results. She can't go anywhere online.I went into her settings and I don't see any websites listed as being blocked. I changed her age to 16 years old, but nothing seems to work. She can't search anything at all right now, and I don't want to remove safe searching.Does anyone know the problem? Thank you,Seth

:)

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 22, 2021
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches

1. Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family blocks

2. Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches: Hi,I have Microsoft Family for my 15 year old daughter. It's started blocking everything she searches. Over time it's gotten more and more restrictive, and now she can't search anything.If she searches "dog" or "weather" or "pink dress" or "Helen Keller" in Bing, it blocks...
  3. Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family blocks ALL searches: Hi,I have Microsoft Family for my 15 year old daughter. It's started blocking everything she searches. Over time it's gotten more and more restrictive, and now she can't search anything.If she searches "dog" or "weather" or "pink dress" or "Helen Keller" in Bing, it blocks...
  4. Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked: Microsoft Family, by default, includes a large number of browsers that are deactivated. This is helpful in that it allows for easy monitoring of traffic on the approved browser Edge that I can monitor on my children's accounts. This is to report a package--AMD Radeon...
  5. Microsoft family blocks roblox

Microsoft family blocks roblox: Hello, I am trying to allow roblox on my child's account. My child is in my Microsoft family. I allowed her to access a short list of websites and I set app limits. Then I want to allow her to use roblox for an hour. I allowed all the websites roblox uses, and removed the...
  6. Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome: I had originally set the filters to block Chrome. But then I went in and changed it to allow Chrome. But it still will not allow it. Everytime my child tries to open Chrome it prompts her to ask for permission. I grant permission and then we start the whole process all over...
  7. Microsoft Family - Site blocking

Microsoft Family - Site blocking: Hi Everyone, I am helping my friend manage a Microsoft family account for her daughter and we hope to block the following site from access by the child account. https://account.microsoft.com/family/ Even when this is added to the blocked sites in Microsoft Family it...
  8. Microsoft Family Block Internet Searches in Search Bar Windows 10

Microsoft Family Block Internet Searches in Search Bar Windows 10: Hi, I spent a lot of time configuring the certain sites I wanted my son to visit. Then I caught him searching almost any site on the web with the search bar in Windows 10. I don't see anywhere within Microsoft Family to block or restrict that content. How can I do this?...
  9. Microsoft Family Blocking Apps

Microsoft Family Blocking Apps: I am no longer able to block an app on my childs account. I keep getting the error "Something went wrong - try again in a little while". How can I get around this and block the app?...
  10. Microsoft family blocking all internet access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family blocking all internet access: Hello I'm having a problem with Microsoft family blocking access to ALL internet programs (firefox, chrome, and even edge) for my child. It says he must ask for permission via email, to which I respond through with approved however it still blocks him and repeats the...