Windows 10: Microsoft family blocks roblox

Discus and support Microsoft family blocks roblox in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to allow roblox on my child's account. My child is in my Microsoft family. I allowed her to access a short list of websites and I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by alexonion, Sep 5, 2020.

1. alexonion Win User

Microsoft family blocks roblox

Hello,

I am trying to allow roblox on my child's account. My child is in my Microsoft family. I allowed her to access a short list of websites and I set app limits. Then I want to allow her to use roblox for an hour. I allowed all the websites roblox uses, and removed the app limits. At last, I basically removed all the limits on her account. when I try to run roblox, it still shows: the operation was blocked by parental controls.

I already added this list to the allowed websites, which I found on another online forum:

www.roblox.com 8.42.96.138
    ajax.aspnetcdn.com 2606:2800:133:206e:1315:22a5:2006:24fd
    ecsv2.roblox.com 8.42.96.23
    images.rbxcdn.com 205.185.216.42
    js.rbxcdn.com 205.185.216.42
    sb.scorecardresearch.com 104.103.134.242
    securepubads.g.doubleclick.net 216.58.198.162
    ssl.google-analytics.com 2a00:1450:4009:806::2008
    static.rbxcdn.com 205.185.216.42
    stats.g.doubleclick.net 2a00:1450:400c:c04::9c
    www.google.com 2a00:1450:4009:80b::2004
    www.googletagservices.com 2a00:1450:4009:801::2002
    www.gstatic.com 2a00:1450:4009:80b::2003

I added the domain name to the allowed list. But the message is still there and the roblox app cannot launch.

Any recommendations?

:)

alexonion, Sep 5, 2020

2. Roblox blocking by microsoft family

We are trying to restrict the time our son can play Roblox on his PC using Microsoft family app blocking settings. It works as long as the app is called from the task bar, but not when called from the start menu. There is also no visible option to remove
    the Roblox app from the start menu.

How can this fixed besides uninstalling the app which is not the intention?

ReinhardKar, Sep 5, 2020
  3. ice cream Win User
    Roblox blocking by microsoft family

Something is wrong here.

1: App for us if run on win10 machine with all updates, from the start bar, its blocked, and a family box appears asking for permission if not the right time of day

2: If my son, as he would, drags the shortcut to the desktop, the control is gone.

My conclusion is family filter has hard coded what it blocks to the file structure of shortcuts, and does not work for an app that is java based which roblox is. Only option is to delete the app.

ice cream, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Microsoft family blocks roblox

Roblox blocking by microsoft family

Hey there, ReinhardKar

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forums.

So when your son is playing Roblox, and his time limit is exceeded. He can launch the game from start menu and play it still?

Please can you share a video of your screen, of what is happening?

You will need to upload it to OneDrive with a share link. Please do not share any Personal Identifiable information.

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft family blocks roblox

1. Microsoft family blocks roblox - Similar Threads - Microsoft family blocks

2. Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked: Microsoft Family, by default, includes a large number of browsers that are deactivated. This is helpful in that it allows for easy monitoring of traffic on the approved browser Edge that I can monitor on my children's accounts. This is to report a package--AMD Radeon...
  3. Family safety blocking roblox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety blocking roblox.: i opened roblox not from microsoft store, the one from roblox.com and when updating roblox bar was full there was an error messange "An error occured while starting roblox. details: unable to open file for writing: C:\Users\Antoś\Appdata\local\roblox\downloads\.part. The...
  4. Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome: I had originally set the filters to block Chrome. But then I went in and changed it to allow Chrome. But it still will not allow it. Everytime my child tries to open Chrome it prompts her to ask for permission. I grant permission and then we start the whole process all over...
  5. Microsoft Family - Site blocking

Microsoft Family - Site blocking: Hi Everyone, I am helping my friend manage a Microsoft family account for her daughter and we hope to block the following site from access by the child account. https://account.microsoft.com/family/ Even when this is added to the blocked sites in Microsoft Family it...
  6. Roblox blocking by microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox blocking by microsoft family: We are trying to restrict the time our son can play Roblox on his PC using Microsoft family app blocking settings. It works as long as the app is called from the task bar, but not when called from the start menu. There is also no visible option to remove the Roblox app from...
  7. Microsoft Family Blocks YouTube

Microsoft Family Blocks YouTube: My daughter can't access YouTube, it redirects her to a YouTube kids message. I've allowed content for 16 year old on her Microsoft Family settings, and have even tried allowing all content. She is using Windows 10S, so her only browser is Edge. Additionally, it only blocks...
  8. Microsoft Family Blocking Apps

Microsoft Family Blocking Apps: I am no longer able to block an app on my childs account. I keep getting the error "Something went wrong - try again in a little while". How can I get around this and block the app?...
  9. Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family

Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family: See image below. My daughter is an adult, but we created her account many years ago. She is no longer part of our "Microsoft Family" but cannot access chrome. We tried adding her back in to the family and granting permission. Nothing works. HELP! [ATTACH]...
  10. Microsoft family is blocking installation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family is blocking installation: I want to install the software but when I click on the setup.exe I get a message ‘Ask for permission. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Setup Launcher’. I am adult and the administrator but cannot install the software....