Windows 10: Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked

Discus and support Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Microsoft Family, by default, includes a large number of browsers that are deactivated. This is helpful in that it allows for easy monitoring of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LibertyOrDeaf, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked

Microsoft Family, by default, includes a large number of browsers that are deactivated. This is helpful in that it allows for easy monitoring of traffic on the approved browser Edge that I can monitor on my children's accounts. This is to report a package--AMD Radeon Software--is how it shows up on my child's application log also acts as a browser. This is a package, by default, included on the Lenovo desktop computer I put into a central room of our house. I would have assumed it was simply driver-support software or a helpful support for the built-in processor and video card. Turns out oth

:)

LibertyOrDeaf, Apr 29, 2021
  2. SalomehJ Win User

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

It doesn't seem work at all actually!

I put www.youtube.com on blocking list but still working on Firefox browser!

please help me!

SalomehJ, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    How to I add an application to "Blocked apps & games" section of Microsoft Account, Family tab

Hi,

Blocking third-party browsers is an automatic side-effect of turning on the
    Block inappropriate websites
    feature. To turn this feature on, follow these steps:

• Login using the parent account of your Microsoft family
      here
    • Select your child's account.
    • Click Web browsing from the left pane, under Recent activity.
    • Switch Block inappropriate websites to On. The following description will appear:
      “To protect your child, we’ve only given them access to Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. All other commonly used browsers are blocked. If you want your child to have access to other browsers, go to Apps & games page under Blocked apps."

After following these steps, all browsers except for Edge and Internet Explorer are automatically blocked.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Microsoft Family.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked

Microsoft Family will not block Facebook

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The current design of Family Safety web filtering is to block the exact name of the website that you added to your blocked list and it doesn't matter if they use http or https when accessing the website as long as the name of the
    website is listed it will still be blocked by Family Safety.

Please provide additional information to help you better.

1) Have you tried accessing the blocked website using either of these parameters http:// or https:// and see some difference?

2) Are you managing the Family safety settings through the Family safety website or through the control panel?

3) If you are using the website, what level of web filtering restrictions did you apply?

If the web filtering restriction level is set to ‘Warn on adult’, it will allow all websites but only shows a warning when an adult website is visited. I would suggest you to set the web filtering level to either ‘Online communication’
    or ‘General interest’ or ‘Designed for Children’ filters which will block all adult website. Refer to these steps:

a) Log into the Family safety website (https://familysafety.microsoft.com/
    ).

b) Click on the child account and click on ‘Web filtering’ in the left pane.

c) Click on “restriction level’ and choose the appropriate filter.

If you are managing Family safety through control panel, then follow these steps:

a) Press Windows key + F, set the search filter to settings.

b) Type ‘Family safety’ and click on the Family safety tile.

c) Click on the child account and then click on the ‘Set web filtering’.

d) Choose the appropriate filter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked

1. Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Browsers

2. Opera GX Browser Blocked By Family Features

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Opera GX Browser Blocked By Family Features: Hello MS community! I have downloaded the Opera GX browser from opera.com, and I cannot use it because of MS family. How do I disable this or how do my parents allow it? My parents can give me certain amounts of time but no completely allow it. I am so frustrated at the...
  3. Microsoft family blocks roblox

Microsoft family blocks roblox: Hello, I am trying to allow roblox on my child's account. My child is in my Microsoft family. I allowed her to access a short list of websites and I set app limits. Then I want to allow her to use roblox for an hour. I allowed all the websites roblox uses, and removed the...
  4. Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome: I had originally set the filters to block Chrome. But then I went in and changed it to allow Chrome. But it still will not allow it. Everytime my child tries to open Chrome it prompts her to ask for permission. I grant permission and then we start the whole process all over...
  5. Microsoft Family - Site blocking

Microsoft Family - Site blocking: Hi Everyone, I am helping my friend manage a Microsoft family account for her daughter and we hope to block the following site from access by the child account. https://account.microsoft.com/family/ Even when this is added to the blocked sites in Microsoft Family it...
  6. Microsoft Family Blocks YouTube

Microsoft Family Blocks YouTube: My daughter can't access YouTube, it redirects her to a YouTube kids message. I've allowed content for 16 year old on her Microsoft Family settings, and have even tried allowing all content. She is using Windows 10S, so her only browser is Edge. Additionally, it only blocks...
  7. Opera GX Browser blocked by MS Family.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opera GX Browser blocked by MS Family.: On my PC, I use Opera GX as my default browser. I had a few problems with it, so I uninstalled, then reinstalled the app. It has now started blocking it through MS Family, even though it didn't before. If you 'Ask a parent', then it only gives the option to grant a certain...
  8. Microsoft Family Blocking Apps

Microsoft Family Blocking Apps: I am no longer able to block an app on my childs account. I keep getting the error "Something went wrong - try again in a little while". How can I get around this and block the app?...
  9. browser blocked by family settings as an adult

browser blocked by family settings as an adult: When i open any other browser than edge on my windows 10 computer i get a pop up saying i need to ask permission from an adult. My Microsoft account family is empty with only my account. Worked just fine yesterday… Getting rly damn frustated with the support bot too. Waited...
  10. FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKING BROWSERS

FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKING BROWSERS: For those who have waited for an answer I finally have it. After 2 years of having trouble I have finally fixed the problem with my browsers. Easy Solution, remove your computer from your Microsoft account. it was that easy...