Windows 10: Microsoft family - can't add child to group

Discus and support Microsoft family - can't add child to group in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to set up a Family Group and add one child, but when it gives the option for my child to sign in and accept the invitation I get a message... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ELLESBELLES, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Microsoft family - can't add child to group

I am trying to set up a Family Group and add one child, but when it gives the option for my child to sign in and accept the invitation I get a message saying 'You can't join this group until you leave the group you are already in'.

I have set up my child with an outlook profile so that I can set screen time limits on our shared device but I can't get past this hurdle.

There is no other family group that he could be in.

:)

ELLESBELLES, Nov 26, 2019

2. Microsoft family problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• When you say ‘I re-connect the account’, did you re-add the account to the Family group on the website or add the user account on the PC?
    • Did you check the system time to see if it has been set correctly?

This issue can occur if some of the settings are not working as expected.

Let us try these methods to check if that helps.

A: Suggest you to
    remove the child account from the Family group account. To remove a member from your family group, you must have an adult account.

I would also like to inform you that if you have added the account as a child again (if not, add the account as child), try to set up screen time and then turn it off.

B: Once it is done, you can
    add the child account to the Family group. After adding the account, have your child sign in to the PC. Refer to the steps under the section ‘Add
    an existing child account on your PC to your family group’.

Article for Reference.

Setup and manage your Family

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Microsoft family - can't add child to group

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft family - can't add child to group

1. Microsoft family - can't add child to group - Similar Threads - Microsoft family can't

2. Can't remove a child from family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove a child from family group.: When I am trying to remove an account from family I am getting an error message."Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult who granted consent for user can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted...
  3. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  4. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  5. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  6. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  7. Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety: HelloI was having trouble with my child account on a new w11 laptop to retrieve screen time. I tried to remove parental consent and remove my Child from my family group.But then impossible to put back consent. And after several removal attempt, I now get an error message when...
  8. Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety

Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety: HelloI was having trouble with my child account on a new w11 laptop to retrieve screen time. I tried to remove parental consent and remove my Child from my family group.But then impossible to put back consent. And after several removal attempt, I now get an error message when...
  9. Can't add family organiser to family group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't add family organiser to family group: Hi, when trying to add a family member as an organiser to my family group I send the invite and an acknowledgement screen that states "Invitation sent to their email. When they accept, they'll join your family." I logged out and logged back in with their MSA, went to their...
  10. Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval to purchase from the...