Windows 10: Microsoft Family causing wall paper from one device to show up on other devices?

Discus and support Microsoft Family causing wall paper from one device to show up on other devices? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Family subscription where there are 2 adults and 2 children on the subscription. The issue is that occasionally for no apparent... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Anonymous_1963, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Microsoft Family causing wall paper from one device to show up on other devices?

I have a Microsoft Family subscription where there are 2 adults and 2 children on the subscription. The issue is that occasionally for no apparent reason, after something like a windows update reboot... The .jpg wall paper image that has been set on my wife's laptop, will change the wall paper image on my laptop to that same image, (and sometimes vice versa).

Similarly, when I change my login image (the circular image), that also changes the login image on my wife's computer to the same image.

These are relatively minor annoyances, but annoyances none the less, and it shouldn't be working like this. How do I stop this from happening?

:)

Anonymous_1963, Aug 13, 2019

2. change size of background wall paper+it is a custon wallpaper(my picture)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps you to
    change size of background wall paper.

a) Right click on the desktop screen.

b) Select personalize and click on Desktop Background at the bottom of the screen.

c) Select the image and change the picture position to Centre from the drop down list.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 13, 2019
  3. wall paper

Does anyone have the address for the wall paper program that uses your pictures?

Elizabeth LBarber, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Microsoft Family causing wall paper from one device to show up on other devices?

My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family causing wall paper from one device to show up on other devices?

1. Microsoft Family causing wall paper from one device to show up on other devices? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family causing

2. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  3. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  4. Win11 changing wall paper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 changing wall paper: After the most recent update for Win11, my windows wallpaper is not functioning. I just have a blue screen. I used to get a photo which also asked me"did I like what I saw" and I could click yes or no. After that I could click to my login in screen. I liked that function of...
  5. Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up: I had a problem with my laptop. My children can log in and no family safety limits apply. The device does not show up in my list of devices on Microsoft Family. Not sure what the fix for this is supposed to be. Pretty frustrating and embarrassing that a child can login to a...
  6. Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up: I had a problem with my laptop. My children can log in and not family safety limits apply. The device does not show up in my list of devices on Microsoft Family. Not sure what the fix for this is supposed to be. Pretty frustrating and embarrassing that a child can login to a...
  7. Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up: I had a problem with my laptop. My children can log in and not family safety limits apply. The device does not show up in my list of devices on Microsoft Family. Not sure what the fix for this is supposed to be. Pretty frustrating and embarrassing that a child can login to a...
  8. Family Devices not showing in Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Devices not showing in Microsoft Account: https://account.microsoft.com Used to be able to see family devices, windows machines under Devices listed in the Microsoft Account Online in the Web Browser. The permission for this is set for each Family member and still can be toggled under each Organiser. 181203
  9. Wall paper Windows 10

in Cortana
    Wall paper Windows 10: How to change wallpaper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wall-paper-windows-10/2b8b8ab4-83c3-4fb8-8f0a-76b921c2917a
  10. Custom image as wall paper

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Custom image as wall paper: How do I get rid of white space of custom image used for wallpaper? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-image-as-wall-paper/38bed43c-458f-48a6-9fec-f1a00fbf9b6c