Windows 10: Microsoft family - changing pin

Discus and support Microsoft family - changing pin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; There is a pin code I can enter on my child's computer in response to the prompt "parent is here" to get more screen time. How do I change that pin?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by keimba, Oct 18, 2020.

1. keimba Win User

Microsoft family - changing pin

There is a pin code I can enter on my child's computer in response to the prompt "parent is here" to get more screen time. How do I change that pin?

I go to https://account.microsoft.com/family/ but do not see anything that looks right.

I don't want to change my Windows password or my pin to log into to a user account. Just the pin that I enter as a parent to grant more screen time access.

:)

keimba, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Changes in Microsoft family

Source: Microsoft account | Whats new for Microsoft family

Brink, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Microsoft family - changing pin

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft family - changing pin

1. Microsoft family - changing pin - Similar Threads - Microsoft family changing

2. Microsoft Family PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family PIN: On Microsoft Family Safety, is there a way to restrict users from changing their PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-pin/7fab1b16-00a0-4072-9ab5-83fa6df1d174
  3. Microsoft Family PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family PIN: On Microsoft Family Safety, is there a way to restrict users from changing their PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-pin/7fab1b16-00a0-4072-9ab5-83fa6df1d174
  4. Microsoft Family: Change Relationship

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family: Change Relationship: I added my wife to my Microsoft Family account but she is listed as a child for some reason - is there a way to change the relationship status? When adding a new family member I am simply asked for an email address/phone number, nowhere in the process does it ask for...
  5. Microsoft Family: Change Relationship

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family: Change Relationship: I added my wife to my Microsoft Family account but she is listed as a child for some reason - is there a way to change the relationship status? When adding a new family member I am simply asked for an email address/phone number, nowhere in the process does it ask for...
  6. Microsoft Family: Change Relationship

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. New laptop, family Microsoft, No PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New laptop, family Microsoft, No PIN: My 16 year old son just got a new computer Replacing one that broke. He has his own log in under my microsoft account. When trying to switch out of s mode it requests my PIN. I do not have a PIN and on my computer it says a PIN is not available. There is no option to switch...
  8. Microsoft family weekends and weekdays change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family weekends and weekdays change: Hi there, In Microsoft family as a parent, I'm setting different restrictions for weekdays than weekends, unfortunately it shows weekends as Sat-Sun where the weekend in Saudi is Fri-Sat. I wasn't able to find a way to change the weekends and weekdays from the default...
  9. Changing languages in Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing languages in Microsoft Family: I set my Microsoft Family and created an Activity report. This account is in Spanish but I receive a report in English. Please, help me to change the language to Spanish...
  10. Changes in Microsoft family

in Windows 10 News
    Changes in Microsoft family: Changes in Microsoft family There’s a lot happening over the next few months. We’ll update this page regularly to give you the latest on Microsoft family. Updates Recent activity you can act on On the redesigned recent activity page, you can see how your kids are...