Windows 10: Microsoft Family child account not monitored on a certain computer

Discus and support Microsoft Family child account not monitored on a certain computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have 3 computers at home: X, Y, Z. All running on windows 10. All up to date with windows update. We have 3 accounts. The main account which is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AndreCarrier7667, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Microsoft Family child account not monitored on a certain computer

I have 3 computers at home: X, Y, Z. All running on windows 10. All up to date with windows update. We have 3 accounts. The main account which is admin, child A and child B which are child accounts. I've also check on each computer that account is child... and not admin. Both children do have the same restrictions for hours and also for applications. Child A is set on all computers. He work on computer Y and Z ....... BUT NOT ON X???

Child B is only used on computer X and it works. We see in task bar an icon representing a family which says:" You will be locked at hour on the date". On children cession that works but not on the one where the cession is never locked. I think it might have to do with this. What do I do to start this application up? I did not have to do this with other child account? How do I fix this? The Child A account on computer X is not restricted at all even if the setup is ok. He goes on computer Y or Z and he is restricted? Your help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

:)

AndreCarrier7667, Sep 2, 2020

2. Child's account monitoring no logs

Hi Rona,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

I suggest you to remove the PC associated to the child via the Family Safety website to re-establish the connection by following these steps:

1. Login to

Family Safety website

2. Go to the child's
    Edit settings

3. Look for the computer associated to the child account at the lower portion, click
    Remove at the right side of the computer.

4. Go to Windows 8 Family Safety control panel, turn on Family Safety for the child account.

5. Switch user and then log in using the child account at the PC.

6. Try to do some activities on the child account such as web browsing, etc. (at least 5 minutes).

7. Log out from the child account then log in using the parent account. Verify if the activities are reflected in the Activity reports of the Family Safety website.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Monitor your child's device use with activity reports.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/monitor-child-pc-activity

Check if it resolves the issue.

Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Issues with using Family Safety on Windows 10 and child device is not monitored by parent account.

Hi Joe,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if monitor the child device activity is disabled in the Family Safety.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about setting up Family Safety account and how to configure the child limits.

Set up your family:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Set the right limits for your child:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/set-child-limits

Monitor your child's device use with activity reports:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/monitor-child-device-activity

Please get back to us with an update on issue with configuring child account in the Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Microsoft Family child account not monitored on a certain computer

Child's account history not showing up in Microsoft Family Safety

Just to confirm, have you tried using a different browser and check if the issue persists? Since doing the steps provided on the link didn't help you resolve your concern, we would suggest you to recreate your son's account on the Alienware computer. To
    do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other
      users
    • Click Sign in with
      a local account instead
      (to convert her account to a local account).
    • After doing so, delete the local account. To delete a local account, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Go to Settings.
      • Click Accounts.
      • Click Family and other
        users
      • Click the local account and then, click Remove.
      • A new window will open, click Delete account and data.
    • After deleting the local account, re-link the Microsoft account of your son as a user, then add it to your family.

For more information on how to add a child account to your family, kindly click
    this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family child account not monitored on a certain computer

1. Microsoft Family child account not monitored on a certain computer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family child

2. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer: My child is the administrator of their computer and Microsoft 365 account. I want to set up the Family Safety- so I can restrict content and set up time allowance each time.Does it matter that they are the administrator of their computer and 365 account. Should I set up the...
  3. Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account: I have searched thru the instructions as to how to add money to child account and as everyone else, got the same issue. Not a currency issue, I have tried multiple times and never succeeded once. Has anyone been successful in doing this?...
  4. Microsoft family doesn't work for one child's account on new computer

Microsoft family doesn't work for one child's account on new computer: I have a new computer with a newly installed windows 10 professional. When I allowed one of my kids to use this computer. The restrictions setup in Microsoft family doesn't work at all. I did the verification for both myself and my child. Please let me know how to deal with...
  5. Recover a child's account in my Microsoft Family account

Recover a child's account in my Microsoft Family account: One of my children in my Microsoft Family Account has forgotten their password.How do I recover this account or reset the password? I've filled out the Recover your account form twice and still cannot recover this account. The account shows correctly in my...
  6. Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child

Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child: Hi - eldest child has been using my Microsoft account on his XBox One, I'd now like to be able to manage it as a child account. From reading around, I understand I can: create a new adult account for me; remove my old adult account from the family; add the old account...
  7. Microsoft Family Child Account Password

Microsoft Family Child Account Password: My daughter has a child account, she has forgotten her password. There is nowhere to reset the password on the family account management screen. The password reset does not work as 'not enough information' - she's 8 what info would you expect. What is the point of the...
  8. Issue with child family account

Issue with child family account: I am getting this error "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device PC for family features to work. " I followed the "How to fix" steps. And the issue is unresolved. I have checked - Account set to allowed under Family & Other users - The account can...
  9. Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password

Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  10. Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating

Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating: I used to be able to update my child's account remotely, via my laptop or phone, but now that doesn't work anymore. I can see the changes on the family page, but the device doesn't sync properly. I can give access to the device and additional time directly on the machine, but...