Windows 10: Microsoft Family Child Account Password

Discus and support Microsoft Family Child Account Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My daughter has a child account, she has forgotten her password. There is nowhere to reset the password on the family account management screen.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by IainArthur, May 3, 2020.

1. Microsoft Family Child Account Password

My daughter has a child account, she has forgotten her password.

There is nowhere to reset the password on the family account management screen.

The password reset does not work as 'not enough information' - she's 8 what info would you expect.

What is the point of the Family function if you can't manage Child accounts?

With half the world in lock-down & trying to home school their kids, surely this isn't the best MS can do????

:)

IainArthur, May 3, 2020

2. Change Child Account Password using Adult account in Microsoft Family

Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a
    way to change the password via the Family administrator's account? I cannot find anywhere to do that and have searched all over. It would make sense for the parent to be able to do this under each child's profile... but no, that option is not there. I need
    to know exact steps on how to do this so that my child can use her own Microsoft account to do things such as logging on to to Minecraft on her Kindle. Thank you.

***Original title: Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password***

TheodoreDavis2, May 3, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

Hello Earl,

If you are logged in using an Administrator Account and you have set up the child accounts using the same account, then you should be able to change their passwords.

You can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, May 3, 2020
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Microsoft Family Child Account Password

Child's account history not showing up in Microsoft Family Safety

Just to confirm, have you tried using a different browser and check if the issue persists? Since doing the steps provided on the link didn't help you resolve your concern, we would suggest you to recreate your son's account on the Alienware computer. To
    do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other
      users
    • Click Sign in with
      a local account instead
      (to convert her account to a local account).
    • After doing so, delete the local account. To delete a local account, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Go to Settings.
      • Click Accounts.
      • Click Family and other
        users
      • Click the local account and then, click Remove.
      • A new window will open, click Delete account and data.
    • After deleting the local account, re-link the Microsoft account of your son as a user, then add it to your family.

For more information on how to add a child account to your family, kindly click
    this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family Child Account Password

1. Microsoft Family Child Account Password - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Child

2. Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account: I have searched thru the instructions as to how to add money to child account and as everyone else, got the same issue. Not a currency issue, I have tried multiple times and never succeeded once. Has anyone been successful in doing this?...
  3. Recover a child's account in my Microsoft Family account

Recover a child's account in my Microsoft Family account: One of my children in my Microsoft Family Account has forgotten their password.How do I recover this account or reset the password? I've filled out the Recover your account form twice and still cannot recover this account. The account shows correctly in my...
  4. How to reset a microsoft family childs password

How to reset a microsoft family childs password: I am trying to reset my childs outlook.com password but something is off as during verification i choose send a txt message to the number and it gives me error "This service is not available at this time" when i try to use call option it does nothing after last 4 digits phone...
  5. Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child

Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child: Hi - eldest child has been using my Microsoft account on his XBox One, I'd now like to be able to manage it as a child account. From reading around, I understand I can: create a new adult account for me; remove my old adult account from the family; add the old account...
  6. Child's Family User Account Password

Child's Family User Account Password: Hi. I just created a family user account on my computer for my kids. I created an email to do so, but never created a password for the account. I did not want my kids to have to have to enter a password in order to sign in to the computer. The family user account is active on...
  7. Change Child Account Password using Adult account in Microsoft Family

Change Child Account Password using Adult account in Microsoft Family: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  8. Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password

Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  9. Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating

Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating: I used to be able to update my child's account remotely, via my laptop or phone, but now that doesn't work anymore. I can see the changes on the family page, but the device doesn't sync properly. I can give access to the device and additional time directly on the machine, but...
  10. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. child account outlook password recovery online